Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Daps
Reppin
NYC
saw it last night.

:francis:

:snoop:

above all i think what i took away from the movie is this.

it is time for hollywood to stop recreating things. jurassic park, independence day, star wars.... instead of everyone trying to remake and rejuvenate old classics perhaps we need to spend more time trying to make the NEXT classic. the NEXT star wars.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
One thing no one has addressed yet............. :mindblown: who the fukk was the old guy with Poe at the beginning?
THat annoyed me. Dude was just some new character that we were supposed to buy as having some sort of history with the characters from the OG movies but his scenes were too brief and he died so quickly that none of it mattered all that much.
They should have used one of the surviving members of the Jedi Council from the prequels or something.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
saw it last night.

it is time for hollywood to stop recreating things. jurassic park, independence day, star wars.... instead of everyone trying to remake and rejuvenate old classics perhaps we need to spend more time trying to make the NEXT classic. the NEXT star wars.
As long as the nostalgia well produces big bank like Jurassic World did and Star Wars is doing we will continue to get these remakes/reboots.
A combo of greed and laziness will always trump any desire for originality.

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
Kylo is mad strong, if you look at it in terms of power, stopping light bolt from a gun, freezing people in place and being able to search through people's memories. Haven't seen many Jedi do that shyt in previous movies.
He's just a emotional dude with daddy issues. I'm sure he'll be more powerful now that he's killed his father.

They should show more of Poe, dude had no chill.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm about to buy @Box Cutta a ticket to the movie . Watch it and stop just reading the additional material and reading negative reviews . Idk if Poe and Rey get together but they had zero scenes interracting, he's like 35 ( I know ani and padme but that was closer in age I thought ) and him and Finn are boys so idk if he goes after someone he knows Finn clearly cares about .

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
So, let's assume that Snoke and Luke are not the same. I think that Luke knows that he can't beat Snoke without help. He's not really hiding, he told people where he was going. They just have no clue if it exists and how to get there. He gives Max von Sydow one portion of the map, hides the other portion in R2 (secretly telling R2 to power down until both halves are in proximity of each other) and trusts in the Force to bring him an able Force-sensitive that has put it together.

And it seems that it's 90-10 divide that Rey is a Skywalker.

Han lost his son to the dark side and said "Man, eff this ish." And went back to what he knows. And what the hell happened on Jakku? Old Star Destroyers, AT-ATs, X-Wings, it seems that the Falcon was a trophy, so pawn broker wasn't telling anyone what it was, BUT there's no way all of that other ish was hauled there.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The prequels damn near ruined this saga with this and that midichlorian count bullshyt. :snoop:

Jedi don't fukk, don't have kids, don't have fun. Just sit around in meetings and talk the entire time. I'd become a Sith too.

God I hated that shyt :snoop:

After thinking about it, I didn't think the midichlorian count was bullshyt at all. If they believe that the Force is in all living things, everyone has some potential to be a Jedi. They would need a way to test to see who is highly Force sensitive, worthy of training. They aren't gonna reveal their secrets to everyone. This means there would need to be some sort of scale to measure it. I compare it to an IQ test to check for geniuses. But by the time of the OT, there was only Obi Wan and Yoda left, so these mofos were only banking on Luke the whole time. Obi Wan probably tested him and Leia and Luke's was the highest of the 2.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Hux was my 3rd favorite behind Finn and Poe

dude was BARKING on Kylo :mjlol:

that scene after Kylo lost Rey was laffs

*hux walks in looking disgusted*
"we don't have the droid......Kylo here said we wouldnt need it anymore :martin:"

Kylo: :mjcry:

Poe was fire to me tho. every time he showed up i was :jawalrus: . dude had that natural swag
True. The dynamic that puts Hux in that position is only in rank though. Cause even with his snipes at Kylo over mission shyt, Kylo put him place by basically saying "If you piss me off, I'll kill you and you know that."

People are looking at him like he rivals Kylo's established position when it's much more likely that Hux was the superior prior to and Kylo came into the picture and instantly rivaled Hux. Hux is trying to hold on to his position, Kylo is the one who is taking it. Hux dropped the ball every time. Kylo dropped it with Rey but not really since he nor Snoke knew she had the force. Even Snoke saw that as a threat and no longer Kylo's fault since she used the force to resist and he admitted to not training Kylo.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Why do yall care so much if he's a jedi or not? :heh:

Personally the Jedi are becoming less and less interesting to me. If this movie showed me anything it's that they're all pretty similar for the most part. I think him not being a Jedi makes him way more interesting and opens up better storylines.

Man low key the Jedi are a bunch of chumps. I hear people saying Rey is Luke's daughter. :dahell: Do these nikkas ever raise their kids and not disappear? :beli:

The Skywalkers and Solos are black :blessed:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
saw it last night.

Can't front it was kinda depressing seeing Han Solo, Leia, The Empire/First Order still on that same bullsh*t. It was almost like seeing a old school homie in the hood on his 2nd and 3rd childhood. Like, "Han you still running from people and owing them money?" "Leia you old as sh*t, you still out che tryin' to get plans of an enemy base and waiting on R2 units?". To the Empire, "Ya'll still out here lookin' for Luke Sky and even got the youngters(kylo) on that sh*t too? Still building planet sized bases only to have them blown up in the same fashion as the last two? Them sh*ts have to cost like $500 billion dollars to make, who's funding ya'll niccas". They have no game plan whatsoever outside of chasing Skywalker and whoever's hot with the force at the moment. JJ Abrams has to at least make them the ISIS of the galaxy.. they should be pushing the Dark Side agenda or something of that nature.

The movie was entertaining and well shot but the only people on some different new sh*t was Finn and Luke. Everybody else was like Spike Lee in one of his newer films still delivering pizza. :francis:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I just don't think that Disney wanted to blow their load and give us everything about the characters in the first fukkin movie. nikkaz need to Let the story develop man
Nah breh. Finn wasn't breaking nikkas' bones with the force . Movie was ass.

Dudes letting Finn not being a jedi in this ruin the entire fukking movie for them. shyt is pathetic :mjlol: