Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, they misdirected a bunch of black people into the theaters.

First you didn't watch trailers now you're using misdirection of the trailers for your argument :comeon:
:francis:
You know they were being somewhat secretive about the film leading up to the release, right?

You think they would've revealed that scene when Rey finally gets the light saber in the trailer :francis:

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
:francis:
You know they were being somewhat secretive about the film leading up to the release, right?

You think they would've revealed that scene when Rey finally gets the light saber in the trailer :francis:

You're just saying stuff to say stuff now. Next you're going to tell me its my fault for thinking a guy swinging a lightsaber against a sith in all the trailers would be a jedi even though you can't name anyone else to do that. :francis:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're just saying stuff to say stuff now. Next you're going to tell me its my fault for thinking a guy swinging a lightsaber against a sith in all the trailers would be a jedi even though you can't name anyone else to do that. :francis:
:mindblown: one thing no one is a jedi in the film besides Luke
Second they aren't going to reveal the scene with Rey fighting Ren in the trailer definitely when they were being secretive leading up to the release.
I don't even think the Rey toys had her with a lightsaber.

Film companies use misdirection in trailers to surprise the audiences on some :ooh: shyt. One reason I avoid trailers till after I seen the movie

CHL

Superstar
Daps
"Probably" bu..bu..bu..but Finn-3PO will "probably" be somebody. We aren't saying that about any other character, just Finn-3P0 :francis:

you turned him into a probably. Thanks for proving my point.:mjlol:
1. You conveniently ignored the rest of the post.

2. The "probably" is for Finn being a general soon into Episode 8. I said, he will be a leading Resistance trooper. And he will be a general at some point. Did you also miss the part where they gave some clear hints of his force sensitivity?

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Second they aren't going to reveal the scene with Rey fighting Ren in the trailer definitely when they were being secretive leading up to the release.

Film companies use misdirection in trailers to surprise the audiences on some :ooh: shyt. One reason I avoid trailers till after I seen the movie
Luke was actually the only confirmed Jedi or Sith in the movie lol.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus

Getting technical with the term "jedi" huh? I saw that coming. Still can't name anyone who swung lightsabers and wasn't a "jedi"

1. You conveniently ignored the rest of the post.

2. The "probably" is for Finn being a general soon into Episode 8. I said, he will be a leading Resistance trooper. And he will be a general at some point. Did you also miss the part where they gave some clear hints of his force sensitivity?

No I didn't. You made my point when you said "probably" because we aren't saying Rey or Ren are "probably" going to be stronger in 8. We're hoping that jar jar Finn is even awake at the beginning of 8 and "probably" is a factor and not the magical negro that helps white people achieve their destiny.

Funny. I never watch Tariq Nasheed but I watched this one and he said something interesting. This is his first star wars ever. A man who hadn't seen the other 6 went first week to see this one. Pretty sure the black guy running around the trailers like the hero had something to do with that but you wouldn't know because you didn't watch the trailers right?

CHL

Superstar
Daps
No I didn't. You made my point when you said "probably" because we aren't saying Rey or Ren are "probably" going to be stronger in 8. We're hoping that jar jar Finn is even awake at the beginning of 8 and "probably" is a factor and not the magical negro that helps white people achieve their destiny.
Yes, there is a bit more variability in Finn's direction for Episode 8 relative to some of the other characters. That's what happens with characters sometimes. That's not necessarily a "bad" thing. That doesn't translate to "Cac agenda to have Finn in a coma, weak and with no direction".

We KNOW Rey is training with Luke. We DON'T KNOW if Rey is a Skywalker or will be a Jedi by the start of Episode 8.

We KNOW Poe will be a pilot in the Resistance. We DON'T KNOW if Poe is force sensitive or will play a more prominent role than being a glorified Wedge Antilles.

We KNOW Kylo is training with Snoke. We DON'T KNOW if he will become a Sith, how he will respond to Episode 7's defeat or if he will stay on the Dark Side.

We KNOW Finn has joned the Resistance and will be a Resistance/Republic trooper. We KNOW Finn has displayed leadership skills and tactical skills (aka General) and we saw several hints of his force sensitivity. We DON'T KNOW if Finn will therefore be trained as a Jedi later in the trilogy or how his relationship with Rey will develop.

You're selectively picking certain things to focus on and ignoring others in order to suit your narrative.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
You're trying to be smart, but it's just making you look stupid. You've seen the movie.

End of the movie,everyone's near future was pretty clear EXCEPT sleeping beauty.

Poe- was going to stunt and still top pilot in the rebellion with destroying the death starkiller as the new notch in his belt and the new face of star wars apparently

Rey - Was going to train with the most important hero in the galaxy

Kylo Ren - Was going to train with the most important villain in the galaxy

Jar Jar Finn - Was sleeping :upsetfavre:

We know what to expect from all the other characters at the start of episode 8 but our imagination is the only thing we have to go on for Finn-3POs next move.:francis:

You can't even call him Jar Jar Finn Breh. Jar Jar was CONSCIOUS at the end of Part 1... Call that nikka The Butler

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
That was another thing. Only one mention of the Sith in the movie and it kind of dismissed them as a current factor

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Getting technical with the term "jedi" huh? I saw that coming. Still can't name anyone who swung lightsabers and wasn't a "jedi"

Funny. I never watch Tariq Nasheed but I watched this one and he said something interesting. This is his first star wars ever. A man who hadn't seen the other 6 went first week to see this one. Pretty sure the black guy running around the trailers like the hero had something to do with that but you wouldn't know because you didn't watch the trailers right?
Han used a lightsaber breh . And that's his fault he never saw a Star Wars movie

CHL

Superstar
Daps
You can't even call him Jar Jar Finn Breh. Jar Jar was CONSCIOUS at the end of Part 1... Call that nikka The Butler
I thought you said you were done with the franchise? No use going into threads to discuss it then, right?