Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
@Ziggiy would you agree?

At this point in time I really don't even care to keep discussing it. I've stated ad nauseum how much I truly dislike the character of Finn, and the emasculated, cowardly way he was portrayed.

In my opinion it doesn't mean shyt if they "dialed Rey Up" because they did it at the complete expense of Finn's character. They weakened him, dumbed him, and he accomplished absolutely nothing. There is no debate. Rey is the hero and Finn is a bytch. I will not be watching any further movies in this saga and I am wholly regretful that I spent money on this one, and further added to a domestic and international gross of a film that portrays black men as nothing more than weaklings who exist make Cacs to look as Gods

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
Me thinking Finn was a better character than Rey doesn't mean I didn't think his character wasn't problematic. The grievances that @Ziggiy and many others have with Finn's character are valid but I felt that because of the flaws he was a more interesting to watch than Rey. At least Finn's character developed somewhat throughout.

Here's the thing. I've got no problem with Finn being lying, thieving coward per say. There are many white protagonists with bad attributes BUT for every Travis Bickle there are hundreds of Atticus Finches saving the world and looking good doing it.

They're hardly any black main characters in major films, let alone positive ones. And now when we do have representation, he turns out to be a lying, selfish coward. That's my problem
@RookieToVet

Last edited:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
avPgQrq_700b.jpg

:mjlol:

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
Was out shopping earlier and saw the new GQ magazine with "The new face of star wars" on the cover. Reminded me of this thread. Who was on the cover you ask? Not Jar Jar Finn. :skip:

But I guess it's my fault for thinking the guy wielding a light saber would be the new face of star wars. Silly me.:francis:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was out shopping earlier and saw the new GQ magazine with "The new face of star wars" on the cover. Reminded me of this thread. Who was on the cover you ask? Not Jar Jar Finn. :skip:

But I guess it's my fault for thinking the guy wielding a light saber would be the new face of star wars. Silly me.:francis:

ya'll seriously complain about everything

the girl is the new luke, accept it and move on