Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Funny you say that.

The reason why the movie is lopsided is because be does everything and Rey does nothing but she gets all the reward.

That's why she's getting called a Mary Sue and he's getting called a joke
Still doesn't change the fact he showed leadership in that moment

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Getting technical with the term "jedi" huh? I saw that coming. Still can't name anyone who swung lightsabers and wasn't a "jedi"

Funny. I never watch Tariq Nasheed but I watched this one and he said something interesting. This is his first star wars ever. A man who hadn't seen the other 6 went first week to see this one. Pretty sure the black guy running around the trailers like the hero had something to do with that but you wouldn't know because you didn't watch the trailers right?

You saw that and thought Finn was the main focus? The shot with shot with Finn and Ren in the snow looks dope. You act like you don't know how marketing works. If showing Finn holding a lightsaber puts more asses in seats then they'll do that.

Poe and Finn are hinted to be force sensitive. Plus Rey isnt even a Jedi yet she just learned how to speak to the force.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus

You saw that and thought Finn was the main focus? The shot with shot with Finn and Ren in the snow looks dope. You act like you don't know how marketing works. If showing Finn holding a lightsaber puts more asses in seats then they'll do that.

Poe and Finn are hinted to be force sensitive. Plus Rey isnt even a Jedi yet she just learned how to speak to the force.

no we saw that and thought he was a "jedi" at the least.

so the voice over didn't say "jedi" at a clear shot of finn? so that wasn't finn-3po holding a light saber at the end with ren coming towards him? what about the other trailer where finn-3po is fighting the storm trooper with the lightsaber? :francis:

you guys keep being technical with the word jedi to amplify your weak points when you know that its being used to mean force sensitive

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no we saw that and thought he was a "jedi" at the least.

so the voice over didn't say "jedi" at a clear shot of finn? so that wasn't finn-3po holding a light saber at the end with ren coming towards him? what about the other trailer where finn-3po is fighting the storm trooper with the lightsaber? :francis:

you guys keep being technical with the word jedi to amplify your weak points when you know that its being used to mean force sensitive
If I'm not mistaken Luke wasn't even a Jedi till ROTJ.
Force sensitive doesn't mean Jedi. Where are you getting that from?

Rey is more focused on in the trailer. And why can't you grasp the concept of a trailer misdirecting to threw people off so we can't guess what will happen?

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
I said.

Then you said.

If I'm not mistaken Luke wasn't even a Jedi till ROTJ.
Force sensitive doesn't mean Jedi. Where are you getting that from?

Rey is more focused on in the trailer. And why can't you grasp the concept of a trailer misdirecting to threw people off so we can't guess what will happen?

just stop bruh :beli:

and theres a big difference in misdirecting and misleading. Its why the character development turned out lopsided. Why can't you grasp that?

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said.

Then you said.

just stop bruh :beli:

and theres a big difference in misdirecting and misleading. Its why the character development turned out lopsided. Why can't you grasp that?
:mindblown: what's a Jedi to you?

How you going to jump from a trailer to character development (which there was)

You are mad because Finn isn't a jedi(no one besides Luke is) but you got two more films where the characters will grow. Just like the prequels. Just like the original trilogy.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
:mindblown: what's a Jedi to you?

How you going to jump from a trailer to character development (which there was)

You are mad because Finn isn't a jedi(no one besides Luke is) but you got two more films where the characters will grow. Just like the prequels. Just like the original trilogy.

once again, im using the word "jedi" to indicate force sensitivity. Not official jedi badge pinned on his chest and knighted.

People are upset because here was a minority doing "jedi" things in all the trailers and the movie rolls out and he was a plot device for all the white people to be great.

You guys keep talking about he'll be somebody in 8 or 9. That's besides the point and wishful thinking. He had a terrible showing in 7. That's what we're discussing. Nothing more,nothing less.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
once again, im using the word "jedi" to indicate force sensitivity. Not official jedi badge pinned on his chest and knighted.

People are upset because here was a minority doing "jedi" things in all the trailers and the movie rolls out and he was a plot device for all the white people to be great.

You guys keep talking about he'll be somebody in 8 or 9. That's besides the point and wishful thinking. He had a terrible showing in 7. That's what we're discussing. Nothing more,nothing less.
That's how you feel :yeshrug: then thats how you feel :yeshrug:

@Darth Humanist and @The ADD gave you examples and you don't agree.:manny:

Gave a link where you post with like minded people we dont need or want these threads here muddled up with Finn=c00n post again. Nothing comes from them.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
That's how you feel :yeshrug: then thats how you feel :yeshrug:

@Darth Humanist and @The ADD gave you examples and you don't agree.:manny:

Gave a link where you post with like minded people we dont need or want these threads here muddled up with Finn=c00n post again. Nothing comes from them.

Who is "we?" I post wherever I want bruh and I'm posting facts. Funny how y'all be ready to argue me down to defend his role until I drop the facts and then it's I'm not arguing with you anymore, you can post here, blah blah blah.

Which is also funny because my first post in this thread I said Finn-3PO has the most potential to be great because he had all the adversity that a protagonist would face. He's never given a redemption moment. Which leads to Rey being overpowered. His character is used as contrast to her character and that backfires.

End of the day he's minority sidekick #1 which is sad because he started the movie as co-lead. 2016 and black people are still have to play that role. You see Finn = c00n post, I see people not content with Bullshyt

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who is "we?" I post wherever I want bruh and I'm posting facts. Funny how y'all be ready to argue me down to defend his role until I drop the facts and then it's I'm not arguing with you anymore, you can post here, blah blah blah.

Which is also funny because my first post in this thread I said Finn-3PO has the most potential to be great because he had all the adversity that a protagonist would face. He's never given a redemption moment. Which leads to Rey being overpowered. His character is used as contrast to her character and that backfires.

End of the day he's minority sidekick #1 which is sad because he started the movie as co-lead. 2016 and black people are still have to play that role. You see Finn = c00n post, I see people not content with Bullshyt
Ok