Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Lost His Smile

Stop Existing.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 12th Dimension
Man when I thought Poe was done it fukked with my head, I was like ":lupe: I thought he was gonna be a major player" Then he came came back it felt amazing watching him do his thing.:banderas:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

9aocv7.jpg

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
You know...I bet Luke is going to feel like shyt for going into hiding when he finds out that in his absence: Han and Leia broke up, The First Order rose up on the scene, Max Von Sydow's character (whom had a connection to him) was slaughtered by Kylo Ren and the innocent villagers were all slaughtered by Stormtroopers as well just because they were there, 3 or 4 planets were destroyed by the Starkiller Base, Han was killed by Kylo Ren and now Leia (who has already been through a lot of shyt in life) is in mourning, Finn was gravely injured by Kylo Ren too, and dozens of X- Wing pilots all died in the ensuing battle to destroy the base.

It's probably just best to leave all of this out when getting him up to speed on things since he went on his island vacation. He doesn't need more guilt on his shoulders. :whoa:
that whole family just dramatic as hell:smh:

IslandG

All Star
Daps
The more I think about Finns character the more I have a problem with him. And it's got nothing to do with race or the fact that he's probably not gonna be a Jedi.

Finn is a storm trooper raised from infancy. At the very least 20 years of mental conditioning. Homie doesn't even have a name. Only knows what the first order has trained into him. A brain washed soldier. All of a sudden for the first time ever a storm trooper randomly gains a conscience about what they do. Deus ex machina IMO. That just doesn't happen. Not like that.

This is a supposed soldier who was raised to kill. Not only does he defect but has zero issues with killing his former allies. Dudes he legitimately grew up with. It goes from in the very beginning him being shook that his fellow storm trooper got murked next to him ( honestly looked like it could've been a friend of his) to killing storm troopers without batting an eye.

Another problem I have with Finn is his personality. For a storm trooper trained and conditioned from birth to kill he has a pretty plucky and fun personality. Just doesn't fit with the facts of what he is. This dude is someone who should be struggling with the idea of what fun or free will is. Not someone cracking jokes every scene. Unless I got the wrong impression of the first order, they don't seem like a group that foster an environment conducive to soldiers with fun loving personalities. The concept of being free should've even been ground breaking to him.

Honestly I like Finn. I thought he was funny and tried his best but when I consider he is a storm trooper who randomly defected nothing fits. His personality nor his actions fits that of a child raised to be a soldier by an evil space nazi like terror group. That's just my opinion :manny:

Finally saw the movie last night and came in here to say this. Finn was a bit too bubbly for being a raised as a storm trooper. And it did indeed seem really weird that he was killing other stormtroopers so easily after he defected. You'd think there would be some kind of internal conflict in him when he was fighting against them.

Chef

All Star
Daps
Finally saw the movie last night and came in here to say this. Finn was a bit too bubbly for being a raised as a storm trooper. And it did indeed seem really weird that he was killing other stormtroopers so easily after he defected. You'd think there would be some kind of internal conflict in him when he was fighting against them.

Shoot first, ask questions later. :yeshrug: The movie doesn't really give a lot to play on. They say he's conscripted at young age or birth but also he worked sanitation duty. Beginning of the film maybe his first time in combat and he said fukk this after that. :whoa: After seeing the Starkiller base give that work, I wouldn't stress after a few soldiers.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
So my girl is like anti star wars everything...any time the commercial comes on she gets mad and talks shyt about how annoying it is and how she's not interested and is sick of people bringing it up to her...

so i been watching Star Wars on the low becoming a fan and wanted to see the new flick so i figured fukk it i might just take that L and go see the flick by myself one day... i didnt end up going...

well i saw a commercial for the star wars toys and pointed out how they have 6 toys and none of them are the actual main character(Rey) and one thing led to another and i told her that i ALMOST thought about going to see it...

AND THAT MADE HER MAD :damn:

just because i'd be at the movies alone...even though i watch flicks all the damn time by myself....why should i include her in something she ALWAYS says she's not interested in and hates? :snoop:

thats what i get for coming out of the Star Wars closet to my girl :lolbron: