Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think his fighting style while at the time was cool should maybe have been toned down
He has to jump around due to his size.

You can see Lucas vision of how the fights looked in his head in The Clone Wars (Darth Sidious vs Maul and Opress/Dooku vs Obi and Anakin :ohlawd: )
Maybe with todays tech the live action fights could've came closer to that vision

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was reading Lords of the Sith and all I could think of was how dope this would be as a stand alone Star Wars films. If you wanted to see(read about) Vader and Sidious fighting side by side, or the dynamic between the two you should check that book out.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
:francis:
So Yoda was suppose to sit around and not defend the Light side once the Dark Side was revealed to have had control of nearly everything?

Yoda was a Jedi Knight at one point. Dooku was his padawan and they use to have adventures.
the empire was hunting down every jedi in the galaxy, plus i think yoda knew he was more valuable to the fight alive than dead... best to hang back and wait for luke to come of age.

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the empire was hunting down every jedi in the galaxy, plus i think yoda knew he was more valuable to the fight alive then dead... best to hang back and wait for luke to come of age.
:what:
I'm can't recall off the top of my head but I think Order 66 happened after the Yoda/Palpatine fight. Even still why would Yoda not try to fix things. Anakin was the Chosen One. He was the one to restore balance but the Dark Side took over which left the remaining Jedi clueless of what to do next. Also Yoda feels responsible for not seeing and allowing it to happen

Last edited:

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
I don't know whether to laugh or groan that the wisest person is on the league of Isaac and Guinan. No I didn't make the connection until a Star Wars Speculation thread.

Those cacs and cacasians really want Emo Kylo to secretly be playing the dark side all along. That makes no sense. The boy has zero emotional discipline. I think the Hux theories are much more interesting.

A couple trolls also really hate anyone pointing out on screen or novelization evidence that Finn is force sensitive and Rey has romantic interest in him. Again, why?

I like the Phasma as
Mara Jade expy
even though that one was a spy not a commander.

Poe as
Rey's relative she falls for
also seems like a no brainer now.

Overall, glad I saw it. The Finn worries are laid to rest - unless they get stupid and kill him off or switch with another actor because reasons.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know whether to laugh or groan that the wisest person is on the league of Isaac and Guinan. No I didn't make the connection until a Star Wars Speculation thread.

Those cacs and cacasians really want Emo Kylo to secretly be playing the dark side all along. That makes no sense. The boy has zero emotional discipline. I think the Hux theories are much more interesting.

A couple trolls also really hate anyone pointing out on screen or novelization evidence that Finn is force sensitive and Rey has romantic interest in him. Again, why?

I like the Phasma as
Mara Jade expy
even though that one was a spy not a commander.

Poe as
Rey's relative she falls for
also seems like a no brainer now.

Overall, glad I saw it. The Finn worries are laid to rest - unless they get stupid and kill him off or switch with another actor because reasons.
What in the novelization hinted to Finns force sensitivity

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm can't recall off the top of my head but I think Order 66 happened after the Yoda/Palpatine fight. Even still why would Yoda not try to fix things. Anakin was the Chosen One. He was the one to restore balance but the Dark Side took over which left the remaining Jedi clueless of what to do next. Also Yoda feels responsible for not seeing and allowing it to happen
yoda couldn't do shyt. vader and the emperor amassed an entire army on their side and were in control of the government.

yoda was hiding on dagobah because he was powerless to stop them, pure and simple. yoda is phil jackson, not jordan. he needed to stick around so that he could guide luke.

Cabbage Patch

Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
What in the novelization hinted to Finns force sensitivity
Maz's words about
seeing the same eyes in different people
and later confirmation
he heard the screams of the victims of the five planets blown up by Death Star 3.0.

In the movie its true he witnesses the hyperspace missiles first. There's also sound cues he's hearing the devastation while everyone else is about their business

I'd have to watch again and read the novelization for myself.

But anyone arguing he's not force sensitive just doesn't want him to be.

The whole conversation between
Kylo and Snoke after the massacre, Kylos notice of Finn, and apparently sound cues during it are also clues Finn is force sensitive,
which I buy.

Cabbage Patch

Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
yoda couldn't do shyt. vader and the emperor amassed an entire army on their side and were in control of the government.

yoda was hiding on dagobah because he was powerless to stop them, pure and simple. yoda is phil jackson, not jordan. he needed to stick around so that he could guide luke.
Who was in control of Vader and Palpatine, though?

That's why I like the Hux theories.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maz's words about
and later confirmation
he heard the screams of the victims of the five planets blown up by Death Star 3.0.

In the movie its true he witnesses the hyperspace missiles first. There's also sound cues he's hearing the devastation while everyone else is about their business

Kylo and Snoke after the massacre, Kylos notice of Finn, and apparently sound cues during it are also clues Finn is force sensitive,
which I buy.
That's what I thought just confirming my suspicions . So when it's confirmed people can't say Disney is backtracking

Daps
Reppin
Canada
Maz's words about
and later confirmation

which I buy.

He also heard shyt that Rey didn't hear in the book. BB-8 heard it too. (when they were on Jakku). I'm not sure if that has to do with the force.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

The Jedi in general, were simultaneously naive as fukk and arrogant as fukk. I think the greatest thing that Lucas ever did to us, was painting this picture of the all-so powerful Jedi, then making them out to be glorified bodyguards of the Senate that sat around all day meditating etc until they were given orders to strike. They were pawns and the only one that wanted to be more than ended up beingmanipulated on both sides. That was beautiful, Shakespearean even.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That's what I was getting at.
He realized that in a vision he had in the last couple of episodes of season six of The Clone Wars. And it came to reality when he realize he couldnt beat Palpatine. He wasn't just gonna run once things started to reveal themselves while his fellow Jedi started dropping like flies