Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Stormtroopers are literally kidnapped and brainwashed/controlled. Rey using mind trick successfully on one of them is not even fukking notable. Be real, people have a problem with believing it because she is a girl. She's either Luke's daughter or the living embodiment of the force a la anakin, either way....:francis:
I'm on your side. It's not the originals even tho if it happened in the originals it'd be okay for them

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like what meaning and reasoning
Why it is "Too late" for Vader when Luke is trying to get him from the Dark Side.
The relationship between Obi and Vader.
Back story of the Jedi and why Obi and Yoda are the last ones and in hiding. Also get to know about the Sith
The relationship between Palpatine and Vader.
How Palpatine came into power, and why a war is going.
Why Vader was the one that ended up balancing out the Force.
Why certain people are Force sensitive

Also it did a lot of world building definitely when you add in The Clone Wars.

Ignoring The Prequels Trilogy, you are throwing away TONS of potential storytelling. Only but so much was brought to the table with the Original Trilogy.

You got to take it all in as a whole to get the full impact, IMO. Gonna peep out the PT novels because they supposedly do a better job at telling the story for that arc.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Why it is "Too late" for Vader when Luke is trying to get him from the Dark Side.
The relationship between Obi and Vader.
Back story of the Jedi and why Obi and Yoda are the last ones and in hiding. Also get to know about the Sith
The relationship between Palpatine and Vader.
How Palpatine came into power, and why a war is going.
Why Vader was the one that ended up balancing out the Force.
Why certain people are Force sensitive

Also it did a lot of world building definitely when you add in The Clone Wars.

Ignoring The Prequels Trilogy, you are throwing away TONS of potential storytelling. Only but so much was brought to the table with the Original Trilogy.

You got to take it all in as a whole to get the full impact, IMO. Gonna peep out the PT novels because they supposedly do a better job at telling the story for that arc.
PT novels as in Legends canon breh? If so one you should read is Shatterpoint.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Anyone have an issue with yoda fighting in the prequels
no, b/c those were 2 of the most memorable scenes in the prequels

Ya know what I had a big problem with? The fact there were a ton of Jedi in the Prequels and I knew 5 of them - Yoda, Obi Wan, Qui Gon, Anakin, Mace. Motherfukker with the lumpy dikk head and white beard was 3rd in command the entire 3 movies and I don't know if they ever said his name. They had an entire Jedi Counsil full of goddamn Jedi and all we did was see Yoda, dikk head, and Samuel L Jackson do his best to not say "motherfukking midichlorians." I seem to recall one other Jedi Master talking and he was a similar race to the clone makers.

In Attack of the Clones we watch about 50 Jedi fight, and for some reason I only knew the name "Kitt Fisto" b/c i saw it on the internet. Then we watch them all get weakly slaughtered in RotS, but there is no emotional impact b/c they're just nameless Jedi. You're telling me over the course of the 3 movies, we needed ample time with the Chinese Trade Leaders but couldn't get a couple more cool shots of the Jedi? No cool lightsabers, skills, etc? ...oh and they were all pretty damn ridiculous looking. if they weren't some Cantina reject looking a$$hole, it was some random human who looked like a schlub in the battle arena scene.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
... I may or may not have just bought Kylo Ren 3D Glasses from ebay thinking they'd be a collector's item... :snoop: