Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no, b/c those were 2 of the most memorable scenes in the prequels

Ya know what I had a big problem with? The fact there were a ton of Jedi in the Prequels and I knew 5 of them - Yoda, Obi Wan, Qui Gon, Anakin, Mace. Motherfukker with the lumpy dikk head and white beard was 3rd in command the entire 3 movies and I don't know if they ever said his name. They had an entire Jedi Counsil full of goddamn Jedi and all we did was see Yoda, dikk head, and Samuel L Jackson do his best to not say "motherfukking midichlorians." I seem to recall one other Jedi Master talking and he was a similar race to the clone makers.

In Attack of the Clones we watch about 50 Jedi fight, and for some reason I only knew the name "Kitt Fisto" b/c i saw it on the internet. Then we watch them all get weakly slaughtered in RotS, but there is no emotional impact b/c they're just nameless Jedi. You're telling me over the course of the 3 movies, we needed ample time with the Chinese Trade Leaders but couldn't get a couple more cool shots of the Jedi? No cool lightsabers, skills, etc? ...oh and they were all pretty damn ridiculous looking. if they weren't some Cantina reject looking a$$hole, it was some random human who looked like a schlub in the battle arena scene.
Thats where The Clone Wars come in. ROTS deaths and betrayal by the clones had a lot more weight :mjcry: Fives warned them but they didn't listen.

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
Why it is "Too late" for Vader when Luke is trying to get him from the Dark Side.
The relationship between Obi and Vader.
Back story of the Jedi and why Obi and Yoda are the last ones and in hiding. Also get to know about the Sith
The relationship between Palpatine and Vader.
How Palpatine came into power, and why a war is going.
Why Vader was the one that ended up balancing out the Force.
Why certain people are Force sensitive

Also it did a lot of world building definitely when you add in The Clone Wars.

Ignoring The Prequels Trilogy, you are throwing away TONS of potential storytelling. Only but so much was brought to the table with the Original Trilogy.

You got to take it all in as a whole to get the full impact, IMO. Gonna peep out the PT novels because they supposedly do a better job at telling the story for that arc.
This!!!!!!!!!!!! This is what people completely look over this with the prequels. Yes part of the allure of Star Wars is the mystery aspect but the prequels expanded the star wars world so much

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why it is "Too late" for Vader when Luke is trying to get him from the Dark Side.
The relationship between Obi and Vader.
Back story of the Jedi and why Obi and Yoda are the last ones and in hiding. Also get to know about the Sith
The relationship between Palpatine and Vader.
How Palpatine came into power, and why a war is going.
Why Vader was the one that ended up balancing out the Force.
Why certain people are Force sensitive

Also it did a lot of world building definitely when you add in The Clone Wars.

Ignoring The Prequels Trilogy, you are throwing away TONS of potential storytelling. Only but so much was brought to the table with the Original Trilogy.

You got to take it all in as a whole to get the full impact, IMO. Gonna peep out the PT novels because they supposedly do a better job at telling the story for that arc.
Well the thing is it was handled poorly with all the political stuff so people didn't love the PT but they love the OT and that's what they gonna focus on

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well the thing is it was handled poorly with all the political stuff so people didn't love the PT but they love the OT and that's what they gonna focus on
They definitely could had been directed better but that doesn't mean that none of that wasn't conveyed on screen and doesn't give reason to try to ignore them like they don't exist.

I watch a shyt tone of movies and the prequels are nowhere near the worst that I have seen.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
They definitely could had been directed better but that doesn't mean that none of that wasn't conveyed on screen and doesn't give reason to try to ignore them like they don't exist.

I watch a shyt tone of movies and the prequels are nowhere near the worst that I have seen.
I think the mistake they made was not develop the characters enough. They rely too heavily on you having seen the originals first and don't stand on their own well in my opinion. They also botched the love story about as bad as Vince McMahon botched the invasion angle but that's and entirely different topic.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
because yoda wasn't portrayed as a warrior type in the OT.
:francis:
So Yoda was suppose to sit around and not defend the Light side once the Dark Side was revealed to have had control of nearly everything?

Yoda was a Jedi Knight at one point. Dooku was his padawan and they use to have adventures.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the mistake they made was not develop the characters enough. They rely too heavily on you having seen the originals first and don't stand on their own well in my opinion. They also botched the love story about as bad as Vince McMahon botched the invasion angle but that's and entirely different topic.
Prequels probably shouldve been 4 films to develop more(or had someone that worked with Lucas in the OT co write). The Clone Wars is left with that task, but the problem with that is only Star Wars fans would watched them.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Prequels probably shouldve been 4 films to develop more(or had someone that worked with Lucas in the OT co write). The Clone Wars is left with that task, but the problem with that is only Star Wars fans would watched them.
Yeah I watched ROTS last night actually and it's goes through things so fast. So much happening. More time was needed to develop the characters and the connections between them. Maybe they shouldn't have killed Liam Neeson and Dath Maul in the first film and wait to reveal the emperor until his appearance at the end of clones like that's the first you see of him. This probably warrants its own thread.

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I watched ROTS last night actually and it's goes through things so fast. So much happening. More time was needed to develop the characters and the connections between them. Maybe they shouldn't have killed Liam Neesln and Dath Maul in the first film and wait to reveal the emperor until his appearance at the end of clones like that's the first you see of him. This probably warrants its own thread.
I think Lucas was relying on the EU(or Clone Wars) to fill in the gaps between the films. :yeshrug:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

I think that the prequels develop it's own world and do an excellent job of standing on their own. Only those who have seen the OT would actually be trying to connect the dots. Hell, other than R2/3PO, the Emperor & Vader, Obi Wan and Yoda, nothing carries over. It's a completely different time and world, and films because of it.

I'll give you III, but why would you only see it? Going in, it's job wasn't to be a stand-alone, but to wrap up the things seen in the previous 2. Even witrh the Emperor, they didn't revela until Ep III. You never saw his face, just always a shadowy cloaked figure, and he wasn't known to be the same until the final reveal. Of course, if you saw the OT, you knew that Ian McDiarmid was playing his original character.

Ep III wraps up the war, and once it's over, Papaltine can't allow everything to go back at it was before; he'd be starting over. So he positions ervything to be over all at once.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I think that the prequels develop it's own world and do an excellent job of standing on their own. Only those who have seen the OT would actually be trying to connect the dots. Hell, other than R2/3PO, the Emperor & Vader, Obi Wan and Yoda, nothing carries over. It's a completely different time and world, and films because of it.

I'll give you III, but why would you only see it? Going in, it's job wasn't to be a stand-alone, but to wrap up the things seen in the previous 2. Even witrh the Emperor, they didn't revela until Ep III. You never saw his face, just always a shadowy cloaked figure, and he wasn't known to be the same until the final reveal. Of course, if you saw the OT, you knew that Ian McDiarmid was playing his original character.

Ep III wraps up the war, and once it's over, Papaltine can't allow everything to go back at it was before; he'd be starting over. So he positions ervything to be over all at once.
True. I've seen all 3 in theaters when they released. I just happened to watch three last night I'm saying. What they did right and what they did wrong and how to fix it probably warrants its own thread.