Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Daps
Reppin
NYC
you must conform to the idea that the prequels were good movies if you want to consider yourself a star wars fan?

:dwillhuh:

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Thought the movie was alright but I def had some problems with it....would rate it like a 7/10. My main issue is how the fukk people dont have a bigger problem with ole girl mastering the force in 5 min and taking out a damn sith lord with no training? Luke trained with Obi Wan for a while and Yoda (the ultimate Jedi Master) for a long time and STILL got sonned by Vader but this chick masters the force and a lightsaber in 1 day? nikkas really wanna love this movie so much they have no problem with this? That alone drops about 2 points off for me the other 1 is that the story is completely rehashed off the first.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thought the movie was alright but I def had some problems with it....would rate it like a 7/10. My main issue is how the fukk people dont have a bigger problem with ole girl mastering the force in 5 min and taking out a damn sith lord with no training? Luke trained with Obi Wan for a while and Yoda (the ultimate Jedi Master) for a long time and STILL got sonned by Vader but this chick masters the force and a lightsaber in 1 day? nikkas really wanna love this movie so much they have no problem with this? That alone drops about 2 points off for me the other 1 is that the story is completely rehashed off the first.

Where have you been people have been complaining about that nonstop thats one of the top 3 complaints

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Where have you been people have been complaining about that nonstop thats one of the top 3 complaints

Havent been around its true since I just saw the movie yesterday but the vast majority of reviews Ive seen have been overwhelmingly positive. That alone keeps it from being THAT good to me tho :yeshrug:

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Luke turned off his targeting computers and hit a one in a million chance shot to blow up the Death Star with no training. Vader is a true Sith Lord. Kylo Ren was shot and hit again by Finn. So he wasn't 100% and his training isn't done either. We already know Rey can fight too. And I'll say Luke's blowing up the Death Star is way more challenging than Rey using a mind trick on a weak minded Stormtrooper. Kylo just done woke the beast. Also most of us believe she received some training before being left on Jakku.

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Luke turned off his targeting computers and hit a one in a million chance shot to blow up the Death Star with no training. Vader is a true Sith Lord. Kylo Ren was shot and hit again by Finn. So he wasn't 100% and his training isn't done either. We already know Rey can fight too. And I'll say Luke's blowing up the Death Star is way more challenging than Rey using a mind trick on a weak minded Stormtrooper. Kylo just done woke the beast. Also most of us believe she received some training before being left on Jakku.

Luke had done some training with Obi Wan at that point. And one instance can be attributed to luck. Same way you could explain away Rey using mind control once. But it doesnt explain her mastery of the lightsaber or being able to use force pull on command. And I dont give a fukk if Ren was fighting with one hand tied behind his back the dude trained for years with Luke and Snoke but lost to someone who didnt know what the force was a day before.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Luke had done some training with Obi Wan at that point. And one instance can be attributed to luck. Same way you could explain away Rey using mind control once. But it doesnt explain her mastery of the lightsaber or being able to use force pull on command. And I dont give a fukk if Ren was fighting with one hand tied behind his back the dude trained for years with Luke and Snoke but lost to someone who didnt know what the force was a day before.
Rey might be the new chosen one.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She did know what was the force though and she may have also have training already too. Also it does make a difference that Kylo was hurt man took a straight shot from the bow caster which was BLOWING UP MULTIPLE STORMTROOPERS and was cut by Finn . We don't know what exactly Kylo been training or doing as he clearly didn't finish his training from what Snoke said . Plus to be real it's the force it can be used in a whole bunch of ways . Also why do people ignore the fact that Kylo captured her easily and KO her prior to the fight with Finn and when he could of killed her during the duel he was trying to recruit her .

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
She did know what was the force though and she may have also have training already too. Also it does make a difference that Kylo was hurt man took a straight shot from the bow caster which was BLOWING UP MULTIPLE STORMTROOPERS and was cut by Finn . We don't know what exactly Kylo been training or doing as he clearly didn't finish his training from what Snoke said . Plus to be real it's the force it can be used in a whole bunch of ways . Also why do people ignore the fact that Kylo captured her easily and KO her prior to the fight with Finn and when he could of killed her during the duel he was trying to recruit her .

shyt just made zero sense to me thats all...lets take it to the games even Darth Revan who was a dark sith lord master had to train to reawaken his powers after he lost his memory. You simply don't go from having no knowledge of the force to having jedi powers and elite lightsaber skill overnight.....but this is JJ Abrams were talking about so. People just want to do cartwheels to explain that shyt since they're so hungry for a good Star Wars movie.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Havent been around its true since I just saw the movie yesterday but the vast majority of reviews Ive seen have been overwhelmingly positive. That alone keeps it from being THAT good to me tho :yeshrug:

Brehs I think it was forshadowing. I have a feeling she was training with those Jedi Kylo killed and then after she survived the massacre they his her with the "You won't remember this" Jedi Mind trick and she forgot until the situation required her to remember. Same reason she had dreams about a world she never visited.

Also I have a feeling Finn is going to be a jedi too. He was holding his own as well and happened to be too injured to meet the Jedi Master. It would be real interesting if the struggle between joining the light and the Dark is with Finn. He grew up with the first order but its clear he doesn't want that life.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt just made zero sense to me thats all...lets take it to the games even Darth Revan who was a dark sith lord master had to train to reawaken his powers after he lost his memory. You simply don't go from having no knowledge of the force to having jedi powers and elite lightsaber skill overnight.....but this is JJ Abrams were talking about so. People just want to do cartwheels to explain that shyt since they're so hungry for a good Star Wars movie.
But that's your fault for using the outside stuff .TFA is a soft reboot , distancing itself even from TP. From the movies and stuff that is still canon nothing says Rey can't do what she's done

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
But that's your fault for using the outside stuff .TFA is a soft reboot , distancing itself even from TP. From the movies and stuff that is still canon nothing says Rey can't do what she's done

Reboot? Its taking place in the same universe with the same characters :ohhh:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Stormtroopers are literally kidnapped and brainwashed/controlled. Rey using mind trick successfully on one of them is not even fukking notable. Be real, people have a problem with believing it because she is a girl. She's either Luke's daughter or the living embodiment of the force a la anakin, either way....:francis:

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
first order Stormtroopers are literally kidnapped and brainwashed/controlled. Rey using mind trick successfully on one of them is not even fukking notable. Be real, people have a problem with believing it because she is a girl. She's either Luke's daughter or the living embodiment of the force a la anakin, either way....:francis:
Fixed

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reboot? Its taking place in the same universe with the same characters :ohhh:
A soft reboot in that the seem to be ignoring the prequels so far and going back to the OT where the force was more magical and less midochlorian based . Which is why I think it won't be plagueis