Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im not really fanboying and i actually like aotc and sith over episode 1

but we can agree that they are bad movies, however theyre good bad movies, its star wars, its just not the star wars we the fans expected

its like dragonball gt or whatever after dragonball z, it happened, if it was batman, the prequels would be batman forever
I don't think they are bad. They added A LOT to the Star Wars mythos and the story is intriguing, IMO. Sure the directing is bland, the script could do a little sprucing, and the cgi is dated BUT I can still enjoy and appreciate for what it is.
Watching the prequels (also Clone Wars) and than the originals, it adds more depth to the characters and reasons for their actions.

I don't get the "it doesn't feel like Star Wars" argument. It's George Lucas' story so they are suppose to feel like how he sees fit, not the fans.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
:mjlol: ROTS was a really good movie period. The only reason parts of the Prequels were considered let downs was because they WERE Star Wars.
tumblr_luxpvd6byx1qb98jbo4_2501.gif

you know what im sayin...

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I don't get the "it doesn't feel like Star Wars" argument. It's George Lucas' story so they are suppose to feel like how he sees fit, not the fans.
it really didnt man, it felt like sitting in class watching episode 1

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it really didnt man, it felt like sitting in class watching episode 1
Before I really got into the Star Wars world like I am now, I felt the same way.
But Phantom Menace isn't boring to me anymore once I started picking up on the world building it was doing and the groundwork for the story it was about to tell.

Each their own though but I feel the Prequels get an unfair rap just because they aren't like Eps 4-7

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Thought it was OK. Great visuals but a little too much fan service. Lucas was right in saying that it drew too much from the past movies. Almost corny and forced at some points.

Then again, this movie is a setup for a whole new set of episodes so there's but so much they can do. Not a bad starting point at all.

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
Saw it twice just to make sure I soaked up everything.

Really enjoyed it

Two things that bummed me out were: Knights of Ren just appearing in a vision and the Raid guys just being used in that one scene with the monsters.

Also anh light Saber battle was wack as fukk.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
I like the prequels for what they are. They aren't 4-7 great but I still watch them. Especially when u add in clone wars and the stuff you know it enhances them.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll admit imma be pissed if she isn't related to the Skywalkers in some way unless they come up with something genius. But it makes for a way better and powerful story for her to be. But Luke can sense the dark side in her like they did in him and Anakin
I wouldn't mind that if she's not his daughter