Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

-Quikness-

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People saying the ANH fight is better than all the prequel fights is just pure biased nostalgic ass hating, please rewatch that fight :mjlol:

Talking about a dance, please explain the part where Alec Guinness does a little twirl :mjlol:

old-farts.gif

Star Wars is god status, but get fukking real.

Lmao @ little twirl .. I noticed this the other day :mjlol:

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
There's a ton of Rey/Ren theories around but I want to see more on Finn. I think people are underestimating his importance going forward. Someone on reddit mentioned how when Snoke asked Kylo if he felt the awakening it was shortly after Finn defected and well before Rey came into play. That would explain Kylo staring down and recognizing the presence of a lowly foot soldier. He felt Finn awakening. He immediately knew it was FN-2187 who helped Poe escape. There might be some misdirection going on that would also make true all of the "Finn as Jedi" talk we got from the trailers. I'm not buying that he's just the new Han.

I could see the First Order to putting a bounty on his head.

tbh, I thought about the same thing also,... Kylo seemed to be surprisingly much invested in Finn for him to be "just" a random former stormtrooper.... like the way he yelled "traitor" almost hinted that there's something more going on with him/his story...

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
Light sabers were originally meant to be heavy to hold in ANH, this brings me back to ren and how he's just pretending to be an all powerful sith. The way he wields his saber and the way the light saber looks itself is very primitive (medieval) like he just half assed a light saber because he had no clear idea of how to build a proper one. It looks unstable with its fiery outline like its going to explode. Whereas everyone else's looks lighter and more precise like something you'd see jet Li wield. His fighting style is primitive because I remember the scene in kingdom of heaven where balian is learning how to fight and his father a knight shows him how the blade isn't the only part of a sword that can be Lethal.

imo.. that represents the fact that his training isn't finished... but also.. I really like the whole idea that the "main" villain has a lot of flaws & I'd like to think that his somewhat "unfinished" lightsaber also proves it on some level..... and it's certainly not supposed to be a coincident that they showed how confused & emotional Kylo was at certain points....

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
it's more of a reboot (yet still a sequel) of a new hope just like others have said.

rey was a little too adept with the force to be a novice tho. that was nonsense.

I personally really liked how they were able to be original but still had a lot of New Hope / ESB references without forcing them....

also, the bolded part has been discussed about but I really feel like they're gonna explain it in the next movie (to me 2 of the best explanations have been either "Luke's daughter" or "conceived by the force"....

we'll see later though :salute:

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
That Kyle Newman dude was on point and made me accept Rey being a Skywalker if she is. Also EVERYTHING he said about the prequels was correct and I take it the other two are the type of fanboy that hates Lucas for the special editions and prequels.

"And if you don't like the prequels and you don't like the special editions and you don't like episode seven, than get out of here. You don't like Star Wars"
:lawd:
Kyle Newman directed the movie Fanboys. He's dope. A true Wars fan.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Trying to do away with the Prequels is stupid fanboyism.
im not really fanboying and i actually like aotc and sith over episode 1

but we can agree that they are bad movies, however theyre good bad movies, its star wars, its just not the star wars we the fans expected

its like dragonball gt or whatever after dragonball z, it happened, if it was batman, the prequels would be batman forever

CHL

Superstar
Daps
That Kyle Newman dude was on point and made me accept Rey being a Skywalker if she is. Also EVERYTHING he said about the prequels was correct and I take it the other two are the type of fanboy that hates Lucas for the special editions and prequels.

"And if you don't like the prequels and you don't like the special editions and you don't like episode seven, than get out of here. You don't like Star Wars"
:lawd:
Yep, definitely agreed with alot of what he said this episode

CHL

Superstar
Daps
im not really fanboying and i actually like aotc and sith over episode 1

but we can agree that they are bad movies, however theyre good bad movies, its star wars, its just not the star wars we the fans expected

its like dragonball gt or whatever after dragonball z, it happened, if it was batman, the prequels would be batman forever
:mjlol: ROTS was a really good movie period. The only reason parts of the Prequels were considered let downs was because they WERE Star Wars.