Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
Just got back but saw the film in RealD3D in Newport Beach with my niece early this afternoon and then went to bubba gumps. Cac central. I will say this, as a lifelong SW fan I am in awe and think Disney did a nearly perfect job on the technical side of this movie. As a fan of good dialogue and quality acting they hit it out of the park. As a student of the lore it could have been better. As a fan of creative storytelling I think they missed it pretty badly. As a pro-Black member of theColi.com, Uncle Nero is fukking pissed off right now. I need to digest this some more and then explain my point in more detail.

Film 9/10. Finn's character 2/10.

Verdict: if you can put your pride in a box for two and a half hours, then you will enjoy it. If you can't then it will make you mad.

I blame Kathleen Kennedy for all of this.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
we need some Finn smilies

when she asked him here the base was :heh:

breh was like :skip:

that's on a need to know basis :upsetfavre:

turned to the droid like HELP :damn::mjcry:

he carried the whole movie imo :obama: great acting
that back and forth between him and BB-8 was hilarious. had the theater :dead: when BB-8 pulled out the lighter on him

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
we need some Finn smilies

when she asked him here the base was :heh:

breh was like :skip:

that's on a need to know basis :upsetfavre:

turned to the droid like HELP :damn::mjcry:

he carried the whole movie imo :obama: great acting

The whole dialogue with Han, Finn and Captain Phasma.:laff:

favorite part is finn was all like

"we can use the force breh"

and Han all like

":mjlol::mjlol::camby:"

Just referenced this! :salute:

Han was like, "That's not how it works! :what: We got people counting on us, what are you doing? :mindblown:"

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Just got back from watching the movie myself. My quick points because I agree with a lot of what's been said in this thread:

I understand why some folks are saying Finn was a lame character. It's not that he wasn't active or doing stuff throughout the film. It's just that every scene ends with him needing to be saved...or rather every win he has seem upstaged by an even bigger win from another character, so it doesn't like he triumphs.
- Saves Poe, only to have Poe do some breath taking pilot maneuvers that give the perception that Finn is just a lacky
- Saves Rey from the storm troopers, only to have Rey do some breath taking pilot maneuvers that give the perception that all Finn can do is press a button
- Gets caught by that beast, only to be saved by Rey's ingenuity to slam the doors on the monsters tentacles
- Goes 1 on 1 with storm trooper using the light saber, only to be saved by chewie shooting the storm trooper in the chest
- Goes 1 on 1 with Kylo (fukk that - he's Adam from Girls), holds his own, only to get his back popped like Jay Rock and then gets saved by Rey

In essence, Finn is being set up as the Harry Potter of the series. Harry is just the luckiest. The luck bides time for Harry to develop his wizardry. Finn is gonna end up Gohaning this thing in the end. But in regards to this movie, non of his "cool" moments are stand alone achievements. Doesn't make him wack though.

But he's absolutely a simp. I don't even know why there's an argument in that regard. He threw himself back into the fight for the resistance because Rey "looked at him like no one has ever looked at him before." I don't care if it's Star Wars, or Walking Dead, if you put your life on the line for stranger your'e attracted to, you're a fukkn simp.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Overall I thought the movie was ok. I thought it clearly needed to be broken into two separate movies. Like yo, 5 planets got blown up and the story proceeded like the news was a minor speed bump. Wait, let me back up, they built a fukkn weapon that zaps the energy from the sun, ala mass effect, and nobody in the cosmos was aware of this? (I'm sorry for the minor mental spas. I just couldn't believe this plot point was just glossed over. In my opinion that creates the need for a second movie. They spent 2 hours trying to link with the resistance, and 20 mn fighting the Order.)

I also thought it was clear as day that they took the safe route when developing this movie. All they did was stroke fan boy sensibilities with a bunch of nostalgic plot points. There was a lot of corny shyt that went down in the movie that everyone is going to look past just because the dialogue took place with franchise characters.

I'm not even going to get into the light saber battle. But I just don't think anyone bending backward, over a cliff, in the middle of combat, should close their eyes to focus on the force. :heh:

Oh and again, Adam from Girls is a terrible...terrible..terrible..terrible actor. He's terrible. If you've ever watched girls, you'd know that he never actually broke character to play Kylo. Same speech pattern. Same voice infliction. Same angry outbursts. Terrible.

But I'd recommend the movie. It is Star Wars after all and the shyts only 10 bucks.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I'm not mistaken. I don't think this new trilogy will be the end of Rey and Finn's story. I think Disney plans on making at least 6 films following this story if not more. And I know they are going to be doing stand-alone STAR WARS movies every other year as well.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
in the books he got married...he gave vader's light saber to his wife....that's why in the trailer, it was big thing finn had a blue lightsaber....only 3 main people had blue sabers: vader, luke, obi wan...and we found out it was vader's saber finn had....
I thought Vader's was red

i didn't get why when Kylo was talking to Vader's mask.....he said "grandfather"

what, Anakin isn't Kylo's grandfather

he's han's son
I know you trolling but I legit forgot all about Leia. I was confused as fukk when he said grandfather:heh:

Also, I'm not surprised he got washed in the end. Hux stayed looking down his nose at him the whole flick.

Ok, I'm not into the lore but who are KOR? Is that just his crew and named after him? And is Kylo his real 1st name?

What are some essential SW books,to read?

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
I agree 100%

tumblr_n1b4xeSYTo1toamj8o1_400.gif

LMFAOOOOO

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
man they did finn wrong at the end. had him light up his light saber like he was about to save the day, then that nikka got washed like brazil in the soccer world cup semi finals. never been so let down before. and oooh look, here come jedi girl to beat the big bad kylo ren, the same dude that just washed finn in 2 seconds. emasculating brehs. its that simple.

call a black man a traitor then whoop him in 2 seconds in a major motion picture brehs. :francis: man, fk this movie.

THIS