Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Star Wars Rebels... season 1 episode 4 " Breaking Ranks" may shed some light onto Finn's character.. Well his bactstory anyway since it happens 35 years ago... So maybe its his parents.

The inquisitor did sense his sister as force sensitive... maybe thats Finns mother..

After All... Rey's and Finn's last names are not being said for a reason

Is his name even Finn... its FN-2187 and people are just saying FN as Finn ???
:what: he said didnt have a name In the beginning

poe said fukk that number name im calling you Finn, so he's been telling everyone that's his name

Poe is the only person who knew him as FN-2187 outside of the 1st order

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
why was Luke relectuant to force grap the lightsaber from Rey at the end?

Because Han and Leia's son, his own blood, was seduced to the dark side and attacked (massacred?) the other jedi apprentices Luke was training, making him give up all of his new hope realizing the empire struck back, preventing the return of the jedi.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finn going back and forth between being a boss and being a coward made perfect sense idk why nikkas are mad :what: he was the most "human" character in the whole film along with Kylo

in the beginning he only did shyt when he felt like his back was completely against the wall or something was stopping him from running away, he was just tryna disappear off the grid, on his survivalist shyt

after Rey got snatched he started takin the initiative cuz he was gaining confidence from seeing rey/han/chewy bein brave and also wanting to live up to what Rey thought he was

nikkas sayin he didn't "have" anything :what: he came up with the majority of the ideas in the movie, helping ole boy escape in the beginning, before Han and Chewy showed up he was finna have her release the poison gas, he masterminded the whole assault on the First Order, made sure the shields were down and everything, obviously his physical skills are gonna improve, they showed him clappin nikkas up multiple times and he was puttin in work with the lightsaber, let my dude live brehs he has the most potential to improve out of everyone imo, depending on how bad Kylo did him he's prolly gonna have some augments in the 8th film and it felt like they were hinting at him having some sensitivity to the force somewhere deep down

Rey was cool but i don't feel like they gave me a good enough reason to really "care" about her at all. i mean yea she had her conflict of clinging to her lie that her family was gonna come back home and being afraid to accept her newfound destiny but c'mon, how hard is it to decide to go train with Luke da gawd and use the force? Kylo and Finn had way better conflicts

He was coming up with plans on the fly and being a leader all through the film. When they were escaping in the Falcon he told Rey to fly low so they couldn't be tracked. He knew the Storm Troopers' helmets couldn't block toxins. He was front and center in the resistance war room. He's giving strategies in a room with Admiral Akbar. People forget he's a lowly Storm Trooper doing all that. We've never seen one of them with his capabilities.

Finn is arguably the most complex character in SW.

Rey didn't move me that much but the Jedi are usually boring. It's the Han, Chewie, and Boba Fett type characters that I enjoy.
did you mean Lando Calrissian :usure:

:whoa: With all the Finn controversy you want a black deadbeat dad storyline.

I could go for a Finn, Poe Pimpin, and Lando "Adventures in Cloud City" arc.

Blaze500

Banned
Daps
HOLD HOLD UP

Kylo wanted to continue the legacy of his grandfather....

but does he know that Anakin during the last second actually turned good, killed Palpatine and killing himself? thus ending the empire

you think Luke could of just said "yeah kylo, actually my dad kind of turned good at the end"

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
why was Luke relectuant to force grap the lightsaber from Rey at the end?

He had that locked away. Him seeing that Lightsaber again must've felt like he was looking at a ghost. After all, Luke felt HE was responsible for what happened all those years ago. That's why he fled.
It's interesting to see that the majority of the people shytting on the movie are deep in the red lol

It's funny to me, because people are hating on Finn like he should've been in Beast Mode from the jump. Both Finn and Rey were new to everything. Finn was on his first mission in the beginning and couldn't kill an innocent, and Rey was on Jakku waiting for whoever she was waiting for (implied family). Both of them were exactly who they were supposed to be: kids who got mixed up in a whole bunch of shyt, and are trying to survive. Finn was justifiably scared, he had nowhere to go and he's seen up close and personal how Kylo Ren can be.

And speaking of Kylo Ren, I loved his character. From the trailer, we thought he was essentially going to be another Darth Vader who ruled the galaxy with an iron fist. But that's boring. There's no real depth to that if that's the beginning, middle and end of it. But the fact that we saw him being conflicted and being mentally unstable... That was genius to me. He's no emperor, he's a hot-tempered man-child who hated his own weakness. He's ashamed of himself. You can see the insanity in his character, and it kind of reminds me of when Anakin had turned to the Dark Side. You can even see desperation. And the last thing you want as a guy in charge of a fleet is a man of desperation, mixed with hatred of himself and fear of not measuring up. I can't wait to see what comes next.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
He had that locked away. Him seeing that Lightsaber again must've felt like he was looking at a ghost. After all, Luke felt HE was responsible for what happened all those years ago. That's why he fled.

It's funny to me, because people are hating on Finn like he should've been in Beast Mode from the jump. Both Finn and Rey were new to everything. Finn was on his first mission in the beginning and couldn't kill an innocent, and Rey was on Jakku waiting for whoever she was waiting for (implied family). Both of them were exactly who they were supposed to be: kids who got mixed up in a whole bunch of shyt, and are trying to survive. Finn was justifiably scared, he had nowhere to go and he's seen up close and personal how Kylo Ren can be.

And speaking of Kylo Ren, I loved his character. From the trailer, we thought he was essentially going to be another Darth Vader who ruled the galaxy with an iron fist. But that's boring. There's no real depth to that if that's the beginning, middle and end of it. But the fact that we saw him being conflicted and being mentally unstable... That was genius to me. He's no emperor, he's a hot-tempered man-child who hated his own weakness. He's ashamed of himself. You can see the insanity in his character, and it kind of reminds me of when Anakin had turned to the Dark Side. You can even see desperation. And the last thing you want as a guy in charge of a fleet is a man of desperation, mixed with hatred of himself and fear of not measuring up. I can't wait to see what comes next.
May 2017 :banderas:

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North

This trilogy is going to be great, I can already see it. The movie's got like 95% on Rotten Tomatoes and everyone's freaking out over it. There's going to be people who aren't fans, but well. There's always that few in the bunch and I think people want the new cast to be like the original when they're not. They're a brand new cast and they're bound to grow into their own. Rey and Finn aren't Luke and Han. And that's what I loved. Why rehash the same personalities? That's not being creative at all.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
My first comment while I catch up in the thread - Kylo Ren is a chip off the old tantrum throwing block. Snoke apparently hasn't been training him at all,,I wonder why? He gets very lil respect from his squad as well. Snoke got Hux (a non-force-sensitive) in the same meeting as you, and meeting without you. :russ: I don' think Tarkin even saw Papatine as much as Snoke does Hux. I fux with Hux
Hux was my 3rd favorite behind Finn and Poe

dude was BARKING on Kylo :mjlol:

that scene after Kylo lost Rey was laffs

*hux walks in looking disgusted*
"we don't have the droid......Kylo here said we wouldnt need it anymore :martin:"

Kylo: :mjcry:

Poe was fire to me tho. every time he showed up i was :jawalrus: . dude had that natural swag

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Anybody see Rey getting all wet when she thought Finn was part of the resistance

"I've never met a resistance member before :wub:"

Finn was like "Yeah :takedat:"
we need some Finn smilies

when she asked him here the base was :heh:

breh was like :skip:

that's on a need to know basis :upsetfavre:

turned to the droid like HELP :damn::mjcry:

he carried the whole movie imo :obama: great acting