Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Why don't everybody know and believe in The Force in the movies?
Han Solo was like "wtf is the force" in New Hope. Dude was alive and kicking when the Jedi were going strong and he is smuggler and doesn't know the space police. Same with Finn and Rey. Its only been like 60 years since the Jedi got slaughtered, they protected everything for thousands of years and are somehow a myth already.
The Emperor ordered all existence of the Jedi and the Jedi Order to be wiped from all data banks. Then he ordered Vader to search the galaxy and kill any Jedi he finds. This is why Obi-Wan and Yoda went to remote desolate places in the Outer Rim Territories of the Galaxy, and hid their power.

The planet Dagobah is strong with the force, allowing Yoda to almost blend in, while at the same time giving him a major conduit to the force...that's why he said he had been watching Luke for a long time.

Tatooine is also way out there and desolate and the birthplace of Anakin. It was almost like hiding in plain sight.

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
Took all my kids over the weekend.....one of the funniest things that happened was when the previews started....they played the Iron Man Civil war preview and Ironman was going at it with Captain America & Bucky....my 5 year old son yells out..."what happened???"....myself and the crowd lost it.....:laff::laff::laff:......

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Took all my kids over the weekend.....one of the funniest things that happened was when the previews started....they played the Iron Man Civil war preview and Ironman was going at it with Captain America & Bucky....my 5 year old son yells out..."what happened???"....myself and the crowd lost it.....:laff::laff::laff:......
That's awesome :russ:

The first time I went it was the Preview Night, and you know that's all the dedictated fams....I cheered for the BvS trailer and for a split second felt all eyes on me...then the whole crowd joined in and cheered. Nerds:blessed:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
saw it again and something bugged me. I'm not usually one to complain about fickle shyt like this, but I haven't seen anyone else really mention it.

Finn - a sympathetic character who was basically adopted by the First Order and raised from birth to be a mindless soldier - has a change of heart and goes to the light... then proceeds to kill a shytload of his former colleagues - all of which are in the same situation he was in up until a couple days ago.

I mean, yeah, they couldn't have him running around the whole time and not shooting anyone, but when he drove the lightsaber right through a stormtrooper's heart, all i could think was "goddamn, you were a little p*ssy trying to help save your bleeding friend the other day, now you're savagely murdering dudes."

again, nitpick, not way around it, but thought I'd bring it up.
The trooper at the beginning was someone Finn had looked out for throughout training against the orders of Phasma and others. And Finn had probably been thinking of defecting for a while, and after seeing the FO massacring people on Jakku, he isn't going to have much of an issue shooting the very same ones on the Star Destroyer to escape. And the same ones (Ren's personal battalion) who attacked Maz's castle on Takodana.

That guy deserved to be ran through with a light saber by Finn.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
The trooper at the beginning was someone Finn had looked out for throughout training against the orders of Phasma and others. And Finn had probably been thinking of defecting for a while, and after seeing the FO massacring people on Jakku, he isn't going to have much of an issue shooting the very same ones on the Star Destroyer to escape. And the same ones (Ren's personal battalion) who attacked Maz's castle on Takodana.

That guy deserved to be ran through with a light saber by Finn.
... buttttt, in the end they are all probably orphaned kids raised to be that way just like he was.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
... buttttt, in the end they are all probably orphaned kids raised to be that way just like he was.
That doesn't excuse their actions. Finn resisted it and did what was right.

(And not all of them were kidnapped at a young age. Some were just recruits).

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps

CHL

Superstar
Daps
I thought Jedi weren't allowed to have relationships and produce offspring
Not that I think Rey is related to Obiwan but he had 19 years after the Jedi Order was obliterated. :heh: we don't know what he was doing :mjpls: maybe he realised the Jedi needed more powerful force sensitives