Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Haven't got to the comics yet but so far the novels/short stories are good. So much piff :ohlawd:
Breh the comics are LIT

The way they expand on the character of Vader is awesome. Like...he's become the Emperor's weapon, and he knows this, but he can't really do anything because he's destroyed anything he's ever loved or loved him back, but at the same time he's so Sith that there's nothing he can do but continue to live that life....

And then there's THIS shyt...when they're trying to find the pilot who blew up the Death Star:

1282581245816422502.png

star-wars-6-page-24.jpg

darthvaderstarwars6.jpg

mpn1ylsgmb0wf9ht8yoa.png

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
What's some good shyt to start with if you haven't read any of the books before?
Just read the Marvel Star Wars comics and the Darth Vader comics that are coming out now. That is canon. All the other books that came out over the past few years after Return of the Jedi are no longer canon.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's some good shyt to start with if you haven't read any of the books before?
Currently reading Lords of the Sith which is about Dark Vader and Sidious not long after Episode three. I like it enough that I nearly knocked it out in one day.

They got a short story called Perfect Weapon that deals with Bazine Netal (chick that ratted on Finn and them at Maz's bar)
Also the novelization of the film is good.

They also got A New Dawn that is set after the Kanan comic and before Rebels animated series that Im going to hope in next

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Currently reading Lords of the Sith which is about Dark Vader and Sidious not long after Episode three. I like it enough that I nearly knocked it out in one day.

They got a short story called Perfect Weapon that deals with Bazine Netal (chick that ratted on Finn and them at Maz's bar)
Also the novelization of the film is good.

They also got A New Dawn that is set after the Kanan comic and before Rebels animated series that Im going to hope in next

Where to get the books at?

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Can we talk about Finn doe? :patrice: John Gawdyega did the best he could with the character they gave him :yeshrug:
Treacherous not force sensitive cowardly janitor stormtrooper bodied by a simping nikka saved by a bish nikka :shaq2:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
It's from ESB they just played it in the trailers

It's from ROTJ, but has been tweaked and re-recorded for the trailer

I know it was tweaked from Jedi but they also changed it to imply a new Skywalker. In Jedi, he stops at Leia (my sister). Then he says Leia, it's you. In this one, they added the "You have that power too," implying the new Skywalker....and more than likely, not Ben

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
I know it was tweaked from Jedi but they also changed it to imply a new Skywalker. In Jedi, he stops at Leia (my sister). Then he says Leia, it's you. In this one, they added the "You have that power too," implying the new Skywalker....and more than likely, not Ben
They didn't add nothing,"you have that power too" is from Jedi too. They just changed the order of things.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
i forgot how high the body count jedi was toward the beginning just coming out of empire, that shyt was pretty dark, first were introduced to a fat slob with alien sex slaves he feeds to rancors, more things getting eaten/killed, luke almost gives in entirely to the darkside slicing through jabbas entire gang while sending people to get digested slowly over a thousand years, the ewoks dont bother me as much because star wars has always had this lowkey thing about big things starting small, like r2 carrying the plans for the deathstar and yoda training obi wan & vader