Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Superstar
Daps
She was 5 years old when left on jakku, accents form at an extremely early age. I doubt you've talked to every person on jakku to see if they have a similar accent

Think about Star Wars characters -- especially the original trilogy. Who has upper-class British accents? Imperials and Obi Wan. Makes sense -- snooty people and learned people.

Jakku is a rough and tumble backwater. Makes no sense. People on Tatooine didn't speak like English royalty (again, Obi Wan being the exception).

As for fixed accents forming early, that's bullshyt. Kids unlearn accents if they move somewhere at 5.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Think about Star Wars characters -- especially the original trilogy. Who has upper-class British accents? Imperials and Obi Wan. Makes sense -- snooty people and learned people.

Jakku is a rough and tumble backwater. Makes no sense. People on Tatooine didn't speak like English royalty (again, Obi Wan being the exception).

As for fixed accents forming early, that's bullshyt. Kids unlearn accents if they move somewhere at 5.
It's a coruscanti accent, you think it wasn't a deliberate choice on JJ's part to have her accent the way it was or are you implying daisy Ridley doesn't have the acting chops to change her accent? :mjlol:

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Snoke was so fukking stupid.

Kylo Ren was wack.He was kind of good towards the end and in that final battle though.I feel like he would have been a much better character if they never even gave him the mask and the voice.

Loved seeing Chewbacca put in work.

I marked the fukk out for old man Luke.Hope he has some dope fight scenes in the next 2 movies.

Finn was good.The girl was really good.

The stormtrooper suits were super clean.

I know i aint the only one who caught Jar Jar in the crowd at the very end. :lolbron:

When them rebels showed up out of nowhere it was like Stone Cold theme hit,i was like..

2pac-laughing-juice.gif

Po was a one man squadron.That motherfukker must be a Jedi too the way he was hitting those double and triple kills in the air.Jedi pilot.

The whole deathstar/star killer angle was wack as fukk.They bascially just told your ass"We don't give a fukk this shyt bout to be lit regardless" And it was.But that whole take down shields and the starkiller itself was laughable.

They should have just got a different old Princess Leia.Way too :flabbynsick:

Princee Leia sound like she smoke 10 packs a day.Come on man.They could of replaced her i wouldn't even been mad.

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Does anyone else remember in the teaser, when Luke is overheard saying "The Force is strong in my family. My father had it. My sister has it. Now, you have it." It was never in the movie but after seeing it, he was clearly talking about Rey.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Snoke was so fukking stupid.

Kylo Ren was wack.He was kind of good towards the end and in that final battle though.I feel like he would have been a much better character if they never even gave him the mask and the voice.

Loved seeing Chewbacca put in work.

I marked the fukk out for old man Luke.Hope he has some dope fight scenes in the next 2 movies.

Finn was good.The girl was really good.

The stormtrooper suits were super clean.

I know i aint the only one who caught Jar Jar in the crowd at the very end. :lolbron:

When them rebels showed up out of nowhere it was like Stone Cold theme hit,i was like..

2pac-laughing-juice.gif

Po was a one man squadron.That motherfukker must be a Jedi too the way he was hitting those double and triple kills in the air.Jedi pilot.

The whole deathstar/star killer angle was wack as fukk.They bascially just told your ass"We don't give a fukk this shyt bout to be lit regardless" And it was.But that whole take down shields and the starkiller itself was laughable.
Jar jar

:damn:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
She spent basically her entire life on Jakku. And if she's from the Skywalker family, there's definitely no reason for a British accent. It runs contrary to her whole persona -- not just the accent, but her specific type of British accent. John Boyega is British too but he's a real-ass actor and suppressed it.

Think about shyt for two seconds before popping off for daps ole self-proclaimed sensitive-ass motherfukker.

She was 5 years old when left on jakku, accents form at an extremely early age. I doubt you've talked to every person on jakku to see if they have a similar accent
This dude is really trying to support the concept that its logical she has an english accent. Its not. It doesnt really matter but it is annoying...the overuse of british accents is fukkin annoying in movies.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Yep they had him hidden behind people in the crowd but i saw them floppy ears and eyes for a millisecond i just started laughing out loud.It's when Chewbacca and Rey is leaving in the Millenium Falcon to get Luke.
Imma need a link on this one

:damn:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
This dude is really trying to support the concept that its logical she has an english accent. Its not. It doesnt really matter but it is annoying...the overuse of british accents is fukkin annoying in movies.
Breh a British accent is literally called a coruscanti dialect of basic, amidala, obiwan, dooku all spoke it

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
Brits have been part of Star Wars since the first one. Cast, crew, sets, effects. shyt is basically a joint US/UK/AUS enterprise you're trippin fam.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
How many people on Jakku did you hear speak to know that Rey couldn't have developed a somewhat British accent?

Maybe she was in contact frequently with Lor San Tekka?