Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Just saw it today. Movie was very meh. Some of the weaknesses have already been addressed but:

1. Rey mastering the force in literally one day. Using jedi mind tricks, telekinesis, and defeating a sith apprentice without any training whatsoever. I don't care if it's implied that she had training as a child. There's literally nothing left for her to learn except force lightning or some other power they make up.

2. Kylo Ren is a completely incompetent villain. And the actor they go to play him looks goofy as fukk.

3. "Starkiller Base" was a stupid rehash with an even stupider name.

4. I don't understand why Poe had to survive. How did that move the story along?

5. Why does Rey have a British accent? Han and Leia don't have accents. Kylo doesn't have an accent. Nobody in that family except for Rey has a British accent.

6. That pointless little orange alien who ran the cantina and didn't do anything.

7. No explanation of the political situation whatsoever.
Maybe she's related to Obi-Wan and not them :ld:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Saw it on Christmas and I loved it..

I loved how they flipped the new characters in this one to the old movies..They all parallel to the originals..

Luke- Obi Wan
Kylo Ren- Darth Vader
Rey-Luke?
Finn- Han Solo?

It was great..

:ohlawd:

Superstar
Daps
I feel like fin's actions were realistic.

It would have been dumb of him to admit to ray that he was a runaway stormtrooper, nikkas is saying this made him a liar but telling the truth wouldn't make sense for a character that just defected.

He freed poe for his own selfish reasons but that's because they were suspicious of him and wanted to examine his blaster to see if he fired a shot, he was probably gonna be disiplined and decided to escape for that reason, you can say that he was selfish in freeing POE but his motives were morerealistic than the alternative.

Standing up to Kylo ren and even injuring him was pretty impressive too.(affectively welded a lightsaber, and broke free of the mind control placed on him shows signs that he could still end up being force sensitive.)

Sure ray was ultimately the one to beat himbut that was after being injured by chewie and fin. The fact that she was able to do this so soon is a fault with HER character, notfinns, that's why people are calling ray a Mary sue and claiming finn moved to movie along.

The whole movie was low key told from finns perspective as someone small and irrelevant, becoming apart of something much bigger than him.

Never once did I feel like Finn wasn't the star of the movie, dispite maybe not becoming a jedi. Finn had the best character development out of all the new characters, followed by Kylo ren.

Ray was basically a sack of potatoes, shehas no reason or motives for her actions, we don't even know who she is at this point.

Finn was easily the best new character and the best overall character of the movie.

In fact, I would have preferred if the movie was all about him.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Did the slavers on Jakku have prissy British accents, friend? :francis:
See you got a point there :ld:

Which probably means she's not related to any of them Skywalkers (if they're trying to be logical) and she's not originally from Jakku (I think that was implied anyway)

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Saw it on Christmas and I loved it..

I loved how they flipped the new characters in this one to the old movies..They all parallel to the originals..

Luke- Obi Wan
Kylo Ren- Darth Vader
Rey-Luke?
Finn- Han Solo?

It was great..

:ohlawd:
Don't know how anyone could see Han solo in Finn. I think Poe was more Han solo Tbh. Finn was a character we haven't seen in SW before

Conz

Superstar
Daps
obviously she's been marooned on a different planet her whole life, but i wonder if the accent is supposed to be a tip off that she isn't a Skywalker/Solo? Didn't really think of that since it has a built in reason, but who knows.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
obviously she's been marooned on a different planet her whole life, but i wonder if the accent is supposed to be a tip off that she isn't a Skywalker/Solo? Didn't really think of that since it has a built in reason, but who knows.
It could be that...

Or they just wanted someone with a british accent :dead:

Superstar
Daps
Don't know how anyone could see Han solo in Finn. I think Poe was more Han solo Tbh. Finn was a character we haven't seen in SW before

I'm not that into the expanded universe, but I think Finn was partially based off Han Solo's expanded backstory. I think one of the books (or the original Ep. 4 script?) explains that Han Solo was a Stormtrooper who deserted.