Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw it for a second time and noticed something off. When Rey and Chewy leave the Resistance base, R2D2 is on the base with Leia, C3PO, and BB8 seeing them take off. But when they arrive on the island and Rey walks up the mountain to see Luke, it looks like R2D2 is on the bottom with Chewy.

Yea. You need your eyes checked, because they deceived you.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
would a "powerful jedi" get shot period though? vader took blaster shots at point blank range from han and just repelled them. i can't imagine anyone getting the best of luke with a BLASTER.

and again finn is just a normal dude and does not possess jedi reflexes. he doesn't sense what kylo is going to do next. that alone means kylo should have been able to kill him in an instant.

i applaud you tryna make sense of it but you could tell abrams and kasdan didn't put much thought into the power levels. in fact when rey rages on kylo at the end it almost looks like luke at the end of jedi laying into vader. almost like she's giving in to anger. but i don't think that was their intention at all.

the force feels all fukked up in this movie.
Yes, if he had just killed his dad and was distracted by the moment :beli:

Jedi are supposed to be flawless i guess

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Yes, if he had just killed his dad and was distracted by the moment :beli:

Jedi are supposed to be flawless i guess
Its not like there are any established rules in this fanstasy shyt :heh:

People wanting everything to be exactly as they feel it should be from their individual nerd fantasies, and objecting to anything that isnt as if it were legit criticism. :heh: "idk guys the force feels weird to me" :laff: fukk outta here

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
it wasn't established in prior star wars films that jedi could sense things before they happen?:leostare:
Sometimes yes, when convenient tothe story. Other times no.

:pachaha: Its a space fantasy. This first installment is already more legit and mature than than any of the original films or prequels.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Again, there are no established rules to violate here. Its always been a wacky premise where they just make shyt up as they go.

star wars: a new hope

luke sees obi wan get struck down, picks up his saber in a violent rage and takes the fight to vader himself.

how long does he last.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
star wars: a new hope

luke sees obi wan get struck down, picks up his saber in a violent rage and takes the fight to vader himself.

how long does he last.
So that's supposed to be the case for every encounter, then? Vader and Ren are equal in power and so are Luke and Rae? No way of knowing any of this shyt.

Case in point, why does Vader stiking Obi wan cause him to simply vanish out of his clothes, then later on they decide to establish what light sabers actually do if they hit you. Those rules are then later further defined in the following films.

Its a damn space fairy tale meant to be amusing and fantastical. Thats what it is, and if anything this new one was more legitimate than before. Stop trying to overanalyze it and expect it to adhere to some strict canon that doesnt exist.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
So that's supposed to be the case for every encounter, then? Vader and Ren are equal in power and so are Luke and Rae? No way of knowing any of this shyt.

Case in point, why does Vader stiking Obi wan cause him to simply vanish out of his clothes, then later on they decide to establish what light sabers actually do if they hit you. Those rules are then later further defined in the following films.

Its a damn space fairy tale meant to be amusing and fantastical. Thats what it is, and if anything this new one was more legitimate than before. Stop trying to overanalyze it and expect it to adhere to some strict canon that doesnt exist.

obi-wan DYING caused him to vanish, just like yoda.

a jedi at peace becomes one with the force.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Its not like there are any established rules in this fanstasy shyt :heh:

People wanting everything to be exactly as they feel it should be from their individual nerd fantasies, and objecting to anything that isnt as if it were legit criticism. :heh: "idk guys the force feels weird to me" :laff: fukk outta here

This should be stickied in every super hero and sci-fi movie thread.

Vladimir-Putin-Clapping.gif

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
it wasn't established in prior star wars films that jedi could sense things before they happen?:leostare:
Luke got shot in the hand in ROTJ outside of Jabba's palace, so history has shown Jedi can be caught slipping if not focused and/or fully trained