Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I return to the thread and there has been over 30 pages of Finn bashing? Really? Ninjas please. And it would seem that most of the people had never even seen a Star Wars movie, or else they would have noticed that Finn was the man, first-go-round when compared to the other's (lack of) accomplishments. But anyway....

It would appear that I was right about the map waking up R2.
J.J. Abrams Explains Role of R2-D2 in The Force Awakens

The more that I think about the movie, the more I'll say that this movie did absolutely nothoing to advance the story. Say what you want about the PT, but there was an excellent story there, hidden beneath horrible dialog, CGI overdose and slapstick humor. We know damn near everything we need to know except "who was Anakin's father?" AS good as this movie is, it did seem like a wasted opportunity. They should have made it a stand alone film, or given more exposition as to what happened or what is happening.

Well the Republic backing the Resistance was blown up by a super weapon and then said weapon was blown up. That's already a big deal as far as advancing the story.

Luke was found, and Kylo and Rey are about to basically get a power boost going into the next episode. I just hope that Episode VIII doesn't pick up exactly where Episode VII left off just so we can skip the training phase and the characters of this one have already gone through a bit of a maturation phase. Although Rey never really had a true moment of adversity in the entire movie. :yeshrug:

Superstar
Daps
Just saw it today. Movie was very meh. Some of the weaknesses have already been addressed but:

1. Rey mastering the force in literally one day. Using jedi mind tricks, telekinesis, and defeating a sith apprentice without any training whatsoever. I don't care if it's implied that she had training as a child. There's literally nothing left for her to learn except force lightning or some other power they make up.

2. Kylo Ren is a completely incompetent villain. And the actor they go to play him looks goofy as fukk.

3. "Starkiller Base" was a stupid rehash with an even stupider name.

4. I don't understand why Poe had to survive. How did that move the story along?

5. Why does Rey have a British accent? Han and Leia don't have accents. Kylo doesn't have an accent. Nobody in that family except for Rey has a British accent.

6. That pointless little orange alien who ran the cantina and didn't do anything.

7. No explanation of the political situation whatsoever.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Luke was found, and Kylo and Rey are about to basically get a power boost going into the next episode. I just hope that Episode VIII doesn't pick up exactly where Episode VII left off just so we can skip the training phase and the characters of this one have already gone through a bit of a maturation phase. Although Rey never really had a true moment of adversity in the entire movie. :yeshrug:

The training scenes are the most informative parts of the Star Wars movies

They better not skip it

Superstar
Daps
they REALLY need to stick the landing with luke and snoke and provide solid reasoning as to why things are the way they are. HOW did we end up here after ROTJ? please give us a satisfying answer.

Yep. I think this movie only makes sense if it's seen as a deliberate rehash to hook new fans. The next two installments need to break new ground.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why didn't qui gonn disappear ?

Lmao true but didnt they say he started the force ghost shyt? Plus he taught all the OGs the skill so maybe Mace come back and scream "wake the fukk n*gga u the last black jedi now"Fukkin Lucas.

One thing i liked about kylo was the physics of his light saber. It didnt seem like fakkets twirlin batons but a heavy ass weapon like Excalibur. When he swung that shyt u could here the woosh of the wind

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just came back from the theaters and I enjoyed it a lot :obama:. I can also see some of the criticisms, but overall I thought it did a good job of setting up the new trilogy. I would have liked to have seen Mad Dog and Rama from The Raid show out some, I'm not sure if they will be back for ep 8 but I remember when I saw them I was :gladbron: only for them to not do anything but get chased by those monsters :martin:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Because he was a renegade

maybe he wasnt in tune with the force as yoda and qui?
Or you know, the real reason, which is that they had an original idea for what they wanted to do, and then later on decided to change it to something they came up with that they thought was better.

Or what, you think Lucas purposely wanted to have romantic kisses and sexual tension b/w Luke and his sister? Did he add the incest angle on ourpose cause he thought it would be great? :childplease: Nah, just started w one idea and then changed it to something else later.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I feel like fin's actions were realistic.

It would have been dumb of him to admit to ray that he was a runaway stormtrooper, nikkas is saying this made him a liar but telling the truth wouldn't make sense for a character that just defected.

He freed poe for his own selfish reasons but that's because they were suspicious of him and wanted to examine his blaster to see if he fired a shot, he was probably gonna be disiplined and decided to escape for that reason, you can say that he was selfish in freeing POE but his motives were morerealistic than the alternative.

Standing up to Kylo ren and even injuring him was pretty impressive too.(affectively welded a lightsaber, and broke free of the mind control placed on him shows signs that he could still end up being force sensitive.)

Sure ray was ultimately the one to beat himbut that was after being injured by chewie and fin. The fact that she was able to do this so soon is a fault with HER character, notfinns, that's why people are calling ray a Mary sue and claiming finn moved to movie along.

The whole movie was low key told from finns perspective as someone small and irrelevant, becoming apart of something much bigger than him.

Never once did I feel like Finn wasn't the star of the movie, dispite maybe not becoming a jedi. Finn had the best character development out of all the new characters, followed by Kylo ren.

Ray was basically a sack of potatoes, shehas no reason or motives for her actions, we don't even know who she is at this point.