Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
how ppl feeling about the theory (read about this somewhere) that Rey was born the same way as Anakin supposedly was? (conceived by the force).

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Thats every jedi ever...there is no reason for her to do shyt in ten minutes that took luke fukking skywalker two movies to do.

And kylo is incredibly powerful. He took a blaster that killed like 40 storm troopers in one shot to the torso and kept on. His force mind trick powers are pretty good considering poe resisted all other torture, his a proficient lightsaber swordsman, he stopped a blaster shot in mid air, he sensed people like han solo and others instinctively, and he is feared by everyone in the entire movie besides maybe the other first order lieutenant.

And it took a brutal high powered blaster shot, a lightsaber duel with finn where fin DID DAMAGE REN FURTHER, and a fukkin force savant miracle for rey to defeat kylo ren....

...and his training isnt complete.

incredibly powerful????

so let's see, he:

- GETS SHOT
- had his hands full during a fight with a NON JEDI

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Just saw it for a second time and noticed something off. When Rey and Chewy leave the Resistance base, R2D2 is on the base with Leia, C3PO, and BB8 seeing them take off. But when they arrive on the island and Rey walks up the mountain to see Luke, it looks like R2D2 is on the bottom with Chewy.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Just saw it for a second time and noticed something off. When Rey and Chewy leave the Resistance base, R2D2 is on the base with Leia, C3PO, and BB8 seeing them take off. But when they arrive on the island and Rey walks up the mountain to see Luke, it looks like R2D2 is on the bottom with Chewy.
I noticed that to

But in the shot on the base r2d2 was off to the side and not in the main part of the picture so it could have been a robot that looked just like him

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X

:russgroot:

We are Groot!

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
where did this theory come from

I think it was just people thinking about the whole "same eyes" thing Maz says... plus it would also explain why she seems so powerful already. and that Luke possibly noticed it early and that's why he had her left in Jakku after Kylo turned to darkside (so Snoke & Ren wouldn't find her)

tbh, I don't think it's true since she seems to remember something about her "family" or someone she was waiting for. plus, I still feel she will be a Skywalker one way or other

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
the mystery of the force? lol what are you talking about.
This STUPID

- not enough force mythology. maz is a poor man's yoda and offers very little in the ways of wisdom and spirituality, and i fail to see how exactly our heroes grow after coming into contact with her. the force feels very superficial in this movie

You don't even remember the shyt you complain about

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
incredibly powerful????

so let's see, he:

- GETS SHOT
- had his hands full during a fight with a NON JEDI
Got shot by Chewbacca who is realistically, the deadliest non Jedi in star wars canon (especially going by on screen feats and body count) with the most powerful blaster in star wars

And was bleeding out during the whole final screen

And still beat Finn handily

and put him in a coma

And was still shytting on Rey before she went supersaiyan

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Got shot by Chewbacca who is realistically, the deadliest non Jedi in star wars canon (especially going by on screen feats and body count) with the most powerful blaster in star wars

And was bleeding out during the whole final screen

And still beat Finn handily

and put him in a coma

And was still shytting on Rey before she went supersaiyan

would a "powerful jedi" get shot period though? vader took blaster shots at point blank range from han and just repelled them. i can't imagine anyone getting the best of luke with a BLASTER.

and again finn is just a normal dude and does not possess jedi reflexes. he doesn't sense what kylo is going to do next. that alone means kylo should have been able to kill him in an instant.

i applaud you tryna make sense of it but you could tell abrams and kasdan didn't put much thought into the power levels. in fact when rey rages on kylo at the end it almost looks like luke at the end of jedi laying into vader. almost like she's giving in to anger. but i don't think that was their intention at all.

the force feels all fukked up in this movie.

HearNoEvil

World's Nerdiest DJ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SEA / ATX
:laff:yall are so overly negative about this film that it's actually hilarious, albeit a bit exhausting :russell:

this is a good film, Finn is a solid character, and I eagerly anticipate the sequels

I'm especially looking forward to Rey and Ren's future encounters, I like to think they were both in JV mode this film and that by the next one we'll be watching Varsity level lightsaber users :obama: