Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's called character development. Finn now has something to prove to others and himself in the next movie. It also shows the casualties of battle and the sacrifice Finn made to protect Rey. Once that point was made his purpose/story for this specific movie was over. So him being in a coma is fine and adds uncertainty for the audience.

1. Kylo took a bow caster shot straight to the abdomen. He's basically dying from that point on. The movie even goes out of it way to show Kylo in pain and bleeding out.

2. Kylo is not as powerful as he leads people to believe and he knows it. He's struggling with his own identity and not being able to live up to expectations.

3. Kylo is very unstable mentally and physically during the fight vs Rey and Finn. With Finn he let his guard down. With Rey he underestimated how much of the force she possessed. Both things are typical of someone who practices the dark side of the force. He is not a Sith nor a Jedi and probably turned to the darkside as a padawan, he's just a practitioner of the force now.

Don't make the mistake of comparing all Jedi to the Best of the Best. The Prequels and the Originals dealt with the creme of the crop, Obi-wan, Yoda ,Luke, Anakin, Mace Windu, basically legends of the Jedi Order. But take two seconds to look at the Jedi in Clone Wars at the stadium or how easily they were taking out by order 66. Jedi aren't untouchable gods and many non force users had the ability to kill them which is no secret.

So bare in mind all of Kylo's disadvantages/shortcomings and the fact that he wasn't fully trained into the equation and its not so far fetched that Rey and Finn didn't get obliterated.

Also, Snoke instructed Ren to bring Rey to him... so he had to keep her alive regardless. Not to mention, Ren told Rey that he could train her in the ways of the force... so he never had intention to kill her at all. And he may had assumed that Finn was dead considering that he DID sliced his back up with a light saber.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Snoke told Kylo that he was the last of the KoR when they spoke. I'm thinking Luke took out the rest of the Knights of Ren (KoR) when they attacked his Jedi Academy and either Kylo escaped or Luke let him go and then Luke went into seclusion.

Luke had plenty of time after RotJ to meet a woman and father a kid because this movie takes place atleast 30 years after RotJ. Rey is only in her early 20's if that. I'm thinking he met and left Rey's mom without knowing she was pregnant. Luke probably left Rey's mom to keep her safe or knew he would never be happy.

There's also the story with the light saber that Maz didn't want to talk about at that time in the movie. Maybe that has something to do with Rey's mom giving Maz the light saber

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
Them brehs on theforce.net are theorizing that Rey had been trained before as a toddler at Lukes Academy which is a big reason why she is already so powerful. When she saw Luke's lightsaber it caused her "awakening" and Snoke/Ren immediately recognized it :jbhmm:

They are also implying that the only reason R2 woke up from sleep mode is because Rey entered the resistance base. Because he was programmed to only wake up if/when she came into contact with him to deliver her the coordinates to Luke's location :patrice:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
My first comment while I catch up in the thread - Kylo Ren is a chip off the old tantrum throwing block. Snoke apparently hasn't been training him at all,,I wonder why? He gets very lil respect from his squad as well. Snoke got Hux (a non-force-sensitive) in the same meeting as you, and meeting without you. :russ: I don' think Tarkin even saw Papatine as much as Snoke does Hux. I fux with Hux

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Also, Snoke instructed Ren to bring Rey to him... so he had to keep her alive regardless. Not to mention, Ren told Rey that he could train her in the ways of the force... so he never had intention to kill her at all. And he may had assumed that Finn was dead considering that he DID sliced his back up with a light saber.
Not only that, but how many times has he fought someone armed weith a lightsaber AND force sensitive.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
How can it make sense that Snoke is Plagueis though? Didn't they say Palpatine killed Plagueis in his sleep
the theory I have heard is that Plagueis is so powerful in the force, he created those memories in palpatines brain to make him think he was dead. So palpatine has fake memories....

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Them brehs on theforce.net are theorizing that Rey had been trained before as a toddler at Lukes Academy which is a big reason why she is already so powerful. When she saw Luke's lightsaber it caused her "awakening" and Snoke/Ren immediately recognized it :jbhmm:

They are also implying that the only reason R2 woke up from sleep mode is because Rey entered the resistance base. Because he was programmed to only wake up if/when she came into contact with him to deliver her the coordinates to Luke's location :patrice:

The dudes on that Collider video review mentioned that she might've been trained too. They also said that she might've been hid on Jakku and mind wiped after Ben turned because of how powerful she was in the force as young age.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I think Finn was able to stand a lil with Kylo also because we see that the Stormtroopers have been trained to combat lightsaber wielders. And we see that Rey can handle her own. Kylo probably hasn't gone against someone with a lightsaber since training with Luke. I have to gather my thoughts. This movie was the ish, even it if was just a re-telling on Episode IV...complete with the "trust me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope."