Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
are you really that ignorant? they fukked up, the story didn't fit that's what I'm saying - you in here arguing that a fukkin Sith apprentice is weak. In the books/canon, Han Solo son is stupid powerful.

1. You forgot at the beginning of the movie he stop a laser canon fire in mid air for more than 3 minutes.

2. later he takes a direct shot from Chewbaccas cross bow - the same one they continuosly showed throughout the movie knocking people clear across the room . Shyt was the golden gun and he took a direct shot and barely budged. The kid is powerful as fukk...

anyway, not going back and forth with you on this, you see it your way. I prefer to acknowledge there's a huge hole in the plot and how they decided to fast forward the story at the expense of Kylo. They tried to show him injured and not fighting at 100% but still fukked it up. Ren all of a sudden be able to use telekensis to get the light sabre almost made me walk out of the movie.

Yeah im done too:snoop:,you bringing up comic books like that has anything to do with how he looked in the movie.

From Rey rejecting his use of the force after only learning she had the force 10 minutes before,then he runs and tells boss:mjlol:

From Finn being able to stand toe to toe with him after recently takin a L to a storm trooper in a physical fight.

Once again Reys telekinesis being stronger,and beating his azz in a light saber fight with 0 jedi training.

Not sure how ignorant one can be to say he didn't end up looking weak,in fact you are complaining how he ended up looking weak,so your not completely ignorant:dahell:

For some reason you want me to acknowledge he looked strong at the beginning when it absolutely didn't matter,fukk that bullshyt you bringing up as a strength that barely stood out or was memorable:mjlol:...When it mattered in crunch time,ya boy was weak as crackhead teeth....you playing word games,calling Rey and Finn overpowered,even if you believe they were overpowered at the expense of Kylo Ren,what does that do to Kylo Ren?makes him look weak as shyt...Especially since none of them looked "overpowered" until they came in contact with his azz.

He was made to look weak in the end to the point it aint no coming back in a sequel as the villain,all you chumps who like to talk about how weak Bane looked at the end of Batman,where are you to talk about Kylo Ren,who didn't do a single thing as cool as Bane in this movie,or dominate a single moment like Bane did:sas2:?Where ya azz is at?

Naijan

All outta Gill
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
It would be cool if when Kylo left Luke after killing the others luke trained also killed Luke's wife which in turn is Rey's mother. Would add much more if she learns it from Luke.

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
are you really that ignorant? they fukked up, the story didn't fit that's what I'm saying - you in here arguing that a fukkin Sith apprentice is weak. In the books/canon, Han Solo son is stupid powerful.

1. You forgot at the beginning of the movie he stop a laser canon fire in mid air for more than 3 minutes.

2. later he takes a direct shot from Chewbaccas cross bow - the same one they continuosly showed throughout the movie knocking people clear across the room . Shyt was the golden gun and he took a direct shot and barely budged. The kid is powerful as fukk...

anyway, not going back and forth with you on this, you see it your way. I prefer to acknowledge there's a huge hole in the plot and how they decided to fast forward the story at the expense of Kylo. They tried to show him injured and not fighting at 100% but still fukked it up. Ren all of a sudden be able to use telekensis to get the light sabre almost made me walk out of the movie.
The counter argument using #forcelogic is simple. Rey was able to become one with the force for a period of time and do something we think should not be possible. Midichlorians didn't exist until Ep.I Force lightning didn't exist until Ep. VI. Absorbing lighting with the lightsaber didn't exist until Ep. II. The point is, perhaps Rey's supercharge will be justified in Ep. VIII. To make this your biggest point of contention in the film is perhaps a bit shortsighted. The Force is really a deus ex machina pool that can be tapped into at anytime by whoever is adding new material to the canon. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that we will get an explanation for Rey's increased abilities in the next episode.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
more observations after seeing it again:

- the setup is very strong. the first act might be the best part of the movie.

- finn's character could have been so much more. this is a character that literally found god on the battlefield. wish the rest of his journey was about repenting for his past sins and finding new meaning in life. i mean that's what the trailers were letting on ("i don't know what i'm fighting for...) instead he crashes on jakku and just becomes the typical brave sidekick.

- not enough force mythology. maz is a poor man's yoda and offers very little in the ways of wisdom and spirituality, and i fail to see how exactly our heroes grow after coming into contact with her. the force feels very superficial in this movie.

- again... having females in the first order really makes them look like huge pussies compared to the empire. what can i say call me sexist.

- so many things they could have done to make this feel more fresh and original. for one jakku does not have to be a desert planet, kylo ren does not have to be related to anyone from the previous movies, and the bad guys didn't need another planet destroying superweapon. change out those things for something we hadn't already seen before and this movie might have came off a lot better.

- they REALLY need to stick the landing with luke and snoke and provide solid reasoning as to why things are the way they are. HOW did we end up here after ROTJ? please give us a satisfying answer.
Okay I will call you sexist :yeshrug:

:camby:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
It would be cool if when Kylo left Luke after killing the others luke trained also killed Luke's wife which in turn is Rey's mother. Would add much more if she learns it from Luke.

Yeah I left that movie pretty confident Ren killed Rey's parents. Not sure Luke is one of them but Ren did it. Also at first I was annoyed Ren looked like a teenagers but seeing his face get cut/burnt made sense because it was symbolic of him being a loss cause and joining the dark side.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tumblr_nzw1mg91vU1qah86mo3_r1_500.jpg

Why hot toys gotta be down with the misdirection and sell his figue with a glowing lightsaber. My black ass kids are so confused :mjcry:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
The counter argument using #forcelogic is simple. Rey was able to become one with the force for a period of time and do something we think should not be possible. Midichlorians didn't exist until Ep.I Force lightning didn't exist until Ep. VI. Absorbing lighting with the lightsaber didn't exist until Ep. II. The point is, perhaps Rey's supercharge will be justified in Ep. VIII. To make this your biggest point of contention in the film is perhaps a bit shortsighted. The Force is really a deus ex machina pool that can be tapped into at anytime by whoever is adding new material to the canon. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that we will get an explanation for Rey's increased abilities in the next episode.

I hear you and agree, but here sudden usage of it mind reading, persuasion, telekinesis...just seemed out of place but they have a full year to attempt to explain this.

Maybe she was previously trained and forgot...

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how about something we haven't seen before?

empire was so highly praised and was able to elevate the franchise because it wasn't just a retread of the first movie. it introduced new characters, new ideas, and new worlds. then of course when it was time to make jedi they said fukk it.... go back to the desert planet and let's have ourselves another death star. that, combined with the meddling second act on endor, is the reason that movie isn't as highly esteemed as the first 2.

TFA doesn't invent anything new and just rehashes things from better Star Wars movies. We got a desert planet and an ice planet, im sorry i just don't see the point unless it was a strictly about tugging on nostalgia strings.

the only way the next movie can sit next to ANH and empire is if it gives us something new.

Couldn't agree with you more, shyt was retarded. They even rehashed the scenes where ships would fly through some passage to assault or escape the enemy. Overall the movie was not bad but not great either

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
went to see it friday night it was dope as hell!!! i wish captain phasma had a much bigger role and dont know what the gripe about Kylo Ren is about i guess maybe if he were a legit baddie i don't think there would be a problem with his character.

Interloper

Lurker Extraordinaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 219
btw, i want Carrie Fisher blown to smithereens 3 minutes into episode 8 b/c her acting... good god man

Hopefully C-3PO is next to her because I want to see a glorious explosion of springs, gears, wire & scrap metal flying out of the fukking screen in crisp 3-D with his piece of shyt head laying on the ground smouldering in flames.:dame: