Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
All the shyt Han Solo Survived and he goes out like this. I would have rather he grabbed Ren and jumped with him lol

but I think the movie is Good not great

only because I've been waiting my whole life for this sequel and I don't feel like I got a sequel

I got a remake of the first movie.. but it was still OK

I don't feel like I got robbed or nothing like that.. (FúCK YOU MICHAEL BAY !!) but by comparison. I went into Guardians of the Galaxy with no expectations and was pleasantly surprised by how much fun it was to watch

I enjoyed that movie much more than A New Hope pt. II

aka Episode VII

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NYC
She doesn't but you would've complained either way

If she's on a forest planet oh shyt, its just like end or
If shes on a water planet oh shyt its just like where luke is
If she's on a swamp planet oh shyt its just like where Yoda was
If she's on a mixed planet oh shyt its just like where the resistance base is

There is no pleasing someone like you.
how about something we haven't seen before?

empire was so highly praised and was able to elevate the franchise because it wasn't just a retread of the first movie. it introduced new characters, new ideas, and new worlds. then of course when it was time to make jedi they said fukk it.... go back to the desert planet and let's have ourselves another death star. that, combined with the meddling second act on endor, is the reason that movie isn't as highly esteemed as the first 2.

TFA doesn't invent anything new and just rehashes things from better Star Wars movies. We got a desert planet and an ice planet, im sorry i just don't see the point unless it was a strictly about tugging on nostalgia strings.

the only way the next movie can sit next to ANH and empire is if it gives us something new.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:what: You want one Rogue Storm Trooper to go on a revenge mission against the First Order? He was taken from his family so young he probably has no memory of them. He doesn't remember his real name. How exactly would he find his family? I'm pretty sure the First Order didn't keep birth certificates:francis:. They probably killed the parents of the kids they took anyway.

Finn's goal was to escape, get far away, and try to live a normal life. Poe takes him back to Jakku which derailed everything. He meets a girl. He gets caught up in the BB8 thing, gets attacked, and is derailed again. They establish a connection/friendship. Once things calm down and now that he has a chance to escape he tries to do it with Rey. She declines but he still bounces. It's not that he's a simp but she's his only friend and vice versa. Both their lives suck and they can start over together. He wants no part of a war or politics. She gets captured, planets get destroyed and nowhe's out to save her and help the Resistance.

What's the problem? Everything makes sense.

irrc once they found out Finn was the traitor,they looked up his file and had a baby picture on the monitor/hologram thing,maybe they did have a birth certificate or at least what village he's from:sas2:....I like the rest of your reasoning though,guess he didn't really have anything better to do than save his one friend in the moment:mjcry:

But damn,the First Order is all about control,but they don't put they child soldiers through any kind of test or physcological warfare?Even in the Congo,LA and middle east they make child soldiers do horrible things to test your loyalty,to groom them for horrible things to come,or instill fear so your loyal....Meanwhile Finn goes out for his first battle,sees a few villagers get killed and has had enough:jbhmm:?They didn't introduce him to murdering innocent people before putting him on the battle field? FOr the first order to be so organized,and about order,and brainwashing/control...I would think they would have better techniques to try to insure loyalty other than telling you that your going to fight for them since you were a child.

To see they are giving Jedis powerful positions when they cant even control the minds and insure loyalty of they storm troopers:mjlol:?...and if he was taken from birth and knows he was taken from birth,that means its some other storm troopers talking shyt too behind the scenes...I know its Disney so torture,forcing Finn to rape women and kill innocent people wouldn't have been good for the kids to see...but They didn't have to make Finns hands so clean,wouldnt have minded him being tortured by some type of guilt,as of right now he's really done nothing he needs to redeem himself of.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
So was that storm trooper who beat Finns azz overpowered too:sas2:?Finn basically gave Kylo Ren the same fight he gave that storm tropper,so the only conclusion you could draw is that Kylo and that Storm Trooper were evenly skilled,which means that Kylo in fact was portrayed as weak like I said and your wrong on this one.

You cant name one time in the movie where he was showcased as a dominate villain in a physical fight,or even a verbal confrontation?I recall multiple people feeling comfortable screaming on him,checking him and pointing out his failures....Most villians at least get that one scene where they brutalize and dominate somebody,or at least show they strike fear into somebody....Even Po was clowning him from the jump,and the disrespect never stopped coming:mjlol:

how was he portrayed as weak, when it was told that he destroyed the jedi's being trained by Luke

now, you're saying Kylo is weaker than a storm trooper? No one screamed on him nor checked him. He checked the ships commander and had him shaking in his boots (then he went to snitch on Kylo), when he went crazy the storm troopers came around the corner and heard him going offf and took off the other way. You're being very selective...

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
All the shyt Han Solo Survived and he goes out like this. I would have rather he grabbed Ren and jumped with him lol

but I think the movie is Good not great

only because I've been waiting my whole life for this sequel and I don't feel like I got a sequel

I got a remake of the first movie.. but it was still OK

I don't feel like I got robbed or nothing like that.. but by comparison. I went into Guardians of the Galaxy with no expectations and was pleasantly surprised by how much fun it was to watch

I enjoyed that movie much more than A New Hope pt. II

aka Episode VII

they did Han dirty, but he was old AF - the disconnect I had, was the space between the last time we saw him and now. So him getting bodied didn't really affect me as much. They should have did it more dramatic, like him grab his son and then turn his back to walk back with his son and his son decapitate his head off his body. lol

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Think my least favorite bit of the movie is the whole Maz bit. Just a blatant rip off not just of the cantina scene but also of Yoda.

Would've rather they had Yodas force ghost show up to talk to Rey about the force. (Yoda/Obi can be heard during her visions, prequels Obi that is :sas2:).

She was just corny as fukk, happens to be Yodas age and "not a Jedi" but then continues to Jay-Z Yodas lyrics from Empire. How much of green homies words gon come out them orange lips.

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
they did Han dirty, but he was old AF - the disconnect I had, was the space between the last time we saw him and now. So him getting bodied didn't really affect me as much. They should have did it more dramatic, like him grab his son and then turn his back to walk back with his son and his son decapitate his head off his body. lol

:gladbron:

:jbhmm:

I would have preferred that.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Man that faces that nikka Finn made thruout the movie were just cringeworthy

CWx-49BVAAAEE4u.jpg:large

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Think my least favorite bit of the movie is the whole Maz bit. Just a blatant rip off not just of the cantina scene but also of Yoda.

Would've rather they had Yodas force ghost show up to talk to Rey about the force. (Yoda/Obi can be heard during her visions, prequels Obi that is :sas2:).

She was just corny as fukk, happens to be Yodas age and "not a Jedi" but then continues to Jay-Z Yodas lyrics from Empire. How much of green homies words gon come out them orange lips.

nah, fukk this. I've seen more than a few people shytting on Maz's castle for being a cantina rehash, but Star Wars needs that scene where we get to see all the species. It's one of the main things I want in Star Wars. Act like Jabba's palace wasn't just a kind of rehash of the Cantina? The Prequels tried it - like that bar with the "death sticks" guy... but since it was the prequels and everything was dark and fukkin cg, there was nothing memorable about it.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
how was he portrayed as weak, when it was told that he destroyed the jedi's being trained by Luke

now, you're saying Kylo is weaker than a storm trooper? No one screamed on him nor checked him. He checked the ships commander and had him shaking in his boots (then he went to snitch on Kylo), when he went crazy the storm troopers came around the corner and heard him going offf and took off the other way. You're being very selective...

Im not saying it,the movie basically said it,based on the fact Finn put up a better fight against a trained Jedi than he did with the storm trooper....Your choosing to blame Finn being overpowered,when in fact he lost a fight to a storm trooper earlier in the movie:dahell:? The fact a regular guy could stand toe to toe with Kylo didn't make him look weak?Finn is in a coma and lost the fight,so how the hell does he look overpowered? If the director wanted to have Finn not just get dominated he should've made it clear Kylo was playing with Finn and not even trying....but instead it looked like Kylo was fighting Finn full on and still taking shots:mjlol:? He couldn't dominate a regular guy untrained in light saber technique who lost to a storm trooper earlier....Then he loses to an untrained Jedi girl minutes later who also hasn't been trained her whole life like he was....whats not to see that he was made to look weak:mindblown:?

Why are you stuck on what they SAID about him in the movie vs what they actually showed....Your argument is basically "Bu bu but Kylo sounded like he was powerful on paper:lupe:"....okay yeah,Kylo sounded like he was powerful,the argument is how he was made to look in the movie,not how he was made to sound:comeon:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Im not saying it,the movie basically said it,based on the fact Finn put up a better fight against a trained Jedi than he did with the storm trooper....Your choosing to blame Finn being overpowered,when in fact he lost a fight to a storm trooper earlier in the movie:dahell:? The fact a regular guy could stand toe to toe with Kylo didn't make him look weak?Finn is in a coma and lost the fight,so how the hell does he look overpowered? If the director wanted to have Finn not just get dominated he should've made it clear Kylo was playing with Finn and not even trying....but instead it looked like Kylo was fighting Finn full on and still taking shots:mjlol:? He couldn't dominate a regular guy untrained in light saber technique who lost to a storm trooper earlier....Then he loses to an untrained Jedi girl minutes later who also hasn't been trained her whole life like he was....whats not to see that he was made to look weak:mindblown:?

Why are you stuck on what they SAID about him in the movie vs what they actually showed....Your argument is basically "Bu bu but Kylo sounded like he was powerful on paper:lupe:"....okay yeah,Kylo sounded like he was powerful,the argument is how he was made to look in the movie,not how he was made to sound:comeon:

are you really that ignorant? they fukked up, the story didn't fit that's what I'm saying - you in here arguing that a fukkin Sith apprentice is weak. In the books/canon, Han Solo son is stupid powerful.

1. You forgot at the beginning of the movie he stop a laser canon fire in mid air for more than 3 minutes.

2. later he takes a direct shot from Chewbaccas cross bow - the same one they continuosly showed throughout the movie knocking people clear across the room . Shyt was the golden gun and he took a direct shot and barely budged. The kid is powerful as fukk...

anyway, not going back and forth with you on this, you see it your way. I prefer to acknowledge there's a huge hole in the plot and how they decided to fast forward the story at the expense of Kylo. They tried to show him injured and not fighting at 100% but still fukked it up. Ren all of a sudden be able to use telekensis to get the light sabre almost made me walk out of the movie.