Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Daps
Reppin
NYC
more observations after seeing it again:

- the setup is very strong. the first act might be the best part of the movie.

- finn's character could have been so much more. this is a character that literally found god on the battlefield. wish the rest of his journey was about repenting for his past sins and finding new meaning in life. i mean that's what the trailers were letting on ("i don't know what i'm fighting for...) instead he crashes on jakku and just becomes the typical brave sidekick.

- not enough force mythology. maz is a poor man's yoda and offers very little in the ways of wisdom and spirituality, and i fail to see how exactly our heroes grow after coming into contact with her. the force feels very superficial in this movie.

- again... having females in the first order really makes them look like huge pussies compared to the empire. what can i say call me sexist.

- so many things they could have done to make this feel more fresh and original. for one jakku does not have to be a desert planet, kylo ren does not have to be related to anyone from the previous movies, and the bad guys didn't need another planet destroying superweapon. change out those things for something we hadn't already seen before and this movie might have came off a lot better.

- they REALLY need to stick the landing with luke and snoke and provide solid reasoning as to why things are the way they are. HOW did we end up here after ROTJ? please give us a satisfying answer.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also was this a reboot?because it sucked as a reboot if it did,its almost impossible to really get into it without seeing the other movies....I could care less about two 70 year olds having a convo like two teenagers about they relationship they just couldn't get right:mjlol:...I could care less about their son,or Han being killed by his son,if I never saw any of the movies I absolutely wouldn't have cared about that scene at all....I would've been more interested to see Han confronting Luke about losing their son,but apparently nobody really blames him or was upset at him for losing the son,then running off like a bytch without apologizing,or trying to get him back:dahell:...Han should've stuck around to beat Lukes punk azz:mjlol:....instead they killed him off to do a spin of the "Luke Im your father shyt",except u knew he was about to kill Han:wtb:

Im curious if viewers of the old movies enjoyed the nostalgia,or thought the old characters were a waste of time and momentum killers:camby:?
To be honest while Han was one of the best parts of the movie clearly Ford wanted his wish of Han dying fulfilled so they had to give him a good chunk of the movie . It would of been cooler to have Poe and Finn saving Rey and say Han showing up And saving them after Kylo fight . Maybe save the death till 8. But he wasn't gonna do 2 movies so they had to finish up Han in this one .

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
My second impressions as well: the scene with Han and kylo was one of the best shot scenes I can recall...the way the sun faded as he embraced the dark and killed solo was perfect...poetic.

My dad (took him this time) had an interesting theory that snoak IS DARTH VADER. that if you look at the way snoaks face is damaged, it mirrors Vader's mask. Its unlikely but quite intruiging.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
so many things they could have done to make this feel more fresh and original. for one jakku does not have to be a desert planet, kylo ren does not have to be related to anyone from the previous movies, and the bad guys didn't need another planet destroying superweapon. change out those things for something we hadn't already seen before and this movie might have came off a lot better.
This is the stupidest shyt ever :heh:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One thing I will say I didn't like about his character is I would've liked if they gave him his own reason for fighting....his only motivation so far pretty much seems to be Rey,which is where the simping criticism I think is coming from too....Maybe revenge for them taking him from his family,or wanting to find his family could've been his motivation versus just saving himself, thenn to only caring about saving Rey.

:what: You want one Rogue Storm Trooper to go on a revenge mission against the First Order? He was taken from his family so young he probably has no memory of them. He doesn't remember his real name. How exactly would he find his family? I'm pretty sure the First Order didn't keep birth certificates:francis:. They probably killed the parents of the kids they took anyway.

Finn's goal was to escape, get far away, and try to live a normal life. Poe takes him back to Jakku which derailed everything. He meets a girl. He gets caught up in the BB8 thing, gets attacked, and is derailed again. They establish a connection/friendship. Once things calm down and now that he has a chance to escape he tries to do it with Rey. She declines but he still bounces. It's not that he's a simp but she's his only friend and vice versa. Both their lives suck and they can start over together. He wants no part of a war or politics. She gets captured, planets get destroyed and nowhe's out to save her and help the Resistance.

What's the problem? Everything makes sense.

Last edited:

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
My second impressions as well: the scene with Han and kylo was one of the best shot scenes I can recall...the way the sun faded as he embraced the dark and killed solo was perfect...poetic.

My dad (took him this time) had an interesting theory that snoak IS DARTH VADER. that if you look at the way snoaks face is damaged, it mirrors Vader's mask. Its unlikely but quite intruiging.
:ohlawd:

they also did a great job of showing the white light go across his mask while he was watching the star base killer being used

thought for a second he might have turned to the good side :ld:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
:ohlawd:

they also did a great job of showing the white light go across his mask while he was watching the star base killer being used

thought for a second he might have turned to the good side :ld:
I'm getting closer to the theory that kylo turns to the light before the end of the film, possibly to save Rey from turning to the dark side.

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
what was that weapon the stormtrooper was using to fight finn?

:patrice:

Yeah like an electric staff weapon. Pretty cool

902626-product-feature.jpg

NWuid.gif

z44BX.jpg

The weapon is a Z6 riot control baton and is carried by the First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper (in the film you can see him toss aside the shield before taking on Finn)

The Z6 riot control baton, also known simply as the Z6 baton, was type of baton used by First Order riot control stormtroopers to shock or pummel an opponent. It was also capable of resisting the plasma blade of a lightsaber. Stormtroopers normally used it in conjunction with a betaplast riot shield, and the weapon itself was capable of being spun around by its handle.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
why does rey need to be on a desert planet?
She doesn't but you would've complained either way

If she's on a forest planet oh shyt, its just like endor
If shes on a water planet oh shyt its just like where luke is
If she's on a swamp planet oh shyt its just like where Yoda was
If she's on a mixed planet oh shyt its just like where the resistance base is

There is no pleasing someone like you.

Last edited:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She doesn't but you would've complained either way

If she's on a forest planet oh shyt, its just like end or
If shes on a water planet oh shyt its just like where luke is
If she's on a swamp planet oh shyt its just like where Yoda was
If she's on a mixed planet oh shyt its just like where the resistance base is

There is no pleasing someone like you.

Where did he want her to be?:mjlol:

I love when people are opposed to an element of the plot only to suggest a change that's worse than what they have a problem with:pachaha: