Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

CHL

Superstar
Daps
'There's someone that still could' implies that Luke is not the one who left Rey behind, because as Maz said, those people are never coming back. My guess is still that as a toddler, Rey was in the care of Luke's new Jedi Order, and was hidden away on Jakku after Kylo Ren turned. That's why she has a connection with Luke, and the people who got her out simply got caught and/or executed.
If it was Luke, it could simply be interpretated as Luke not coming back for Rey, but her needing to go out and find him.

Although you're right it could have been someone from Luke's Jedi Order that dropped Rey off, and so Luke was indiretly part of it.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I saw it, but I didn't really care for it. I am actually not a big Star Wars fan so take that for what it's worth.

By the time Han Solo met up with Kylo Ren I played out the rest of the film perfectly :russell:

:russell: I will not watch the next one in the theaters, maybe netflix.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The whole Finn with the white Jedi girl love story was forced as shyt,did you have to make him start simping,falling in love,begging her to come with him so early in the movie:childplease:...They really didn't bother to build up a relationship,it wasn't just the racist star war fans who didn't want to see them together,I saw no connection or romance and could care less if they got together either:mjlol:

That's because there was no romance or love story. They came across to me as good friends with maybe some sexual tension. Finn wants to fukk cause guys will fukk anything that doesn't make it a love story. I thought the chemistry they had was one of the better parts of the movie

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
STILL on Finn? This whole thing is funny. People are upset being misled by the poster and trailers? :mjlol:

Go watch the JJ Abrams Mystery TED Talk. He LOVES mysteries and misdirection when it comes to info about his movies.

Most of what happened in the film has a solid link to the old films in some way and can be explained in that way.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What does this mean:childplease:
Black people only have one personality that cycles through each male?
Is the non "white-washed" (terrible marginalizing term) black person someone who's dead serious and mean mugs every white person they see?
This makes no fukking sense whatsoever.
People on thecoli who whine about black people being "safe nikkas" or "whitewashed" either don't talk to a wide variety of black people or purposely stay away from people that don't fit their narrow definition of what a black man should be.
And at no point in the movie was he a "sidekick", a co-lead/co-protagonist.
Finn is fukking "white-washed":snoop:
One of the stupidest fukking comments in this thread.

Knew somebody would be mad at this shyt in the a.m:snoop:...I dont know what else to call it,dude is an actor ive only seen in one other movie....and from Attack The Block to this,are you telling me he wasnt white washed into a safe nikka:jbhmm:?

I even left the option open maybe thats how he is in real life,which would mean they told him he wasnt black enough or hood enough for Attack The Block...are u not offended by that?as if black men who act like Finn dont live in the hood:mjpls:

Like i said,if Finn is how he really is i have no problem,if john bodega is really the guy from attack the block though?it definitley means they whitewashed his character and told him to not be so urban:skip:?sorry thats not offensive to you:manny:...like i said i could be wrong about this.

but lets not pretend we havent seen black actors portray many types of people from all walks of life...Will Smith,Michael b jordan,denzel,samuel l jackson etc...but they all were still very much black men and ive never accused any of them of being whitewashed?i didnt say he had to be a straight hood nikka in star wars:laff:...but damn,to go from seein him as a hood dude,to seein him sound like a straight white man,who i wouldnt know was black if he called on the phone,caught me off guard a little...not sure what the problem is..i even said it was a personal problem and not really a problem for me after the initial shock wore off....yall know damn well you can be non hood and still sound black,maybe some of u have been confused for cacs over the phone,thats a personal problem...dont take that out on me.

sorry that in the future galaxy far far away, after inter-galactic wars, that the black guy doesn't act like your normal american black man :mjlol:

Funny how ol girl still talked like your normal white woman from London though,i guess that accent is timeless....be happy about assimilation of black men accross the galaxy brehs:mjpls:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yeah, my biggest grip - as many of you mentioned - is Finn get his ass kicked all throughout the film

even when he had the light sabre the 1st time, he got bodied by a storm trooper with a electric night stick.

then fast forward a few days later , he's holding is own against Kylo Ren. before being slashed.

all of it was pretty nonsensical

Maybe kylo ren being so damn weak should be your problem:patrice:...He really only did one cold blooded thing in the movie and he even did that in emo fashion:mjlol:...Finn helped Po escape,h3 was a shooter not a swordsman:banderas:...Kylo Ren whos been training his whole life shouldve had no problem beating either one of them on the sword tip,yet finn and the girl both got at his azz and beat him...he couldnt have just frozen finn with the force:dahell:...at the end of the day finn was just a storm trooper who wasnt shyt without his gun but still tried to fight anyway and held his own...plus he was a coward in the beginning so he could come back an redeem himself later.
yalls gripes about Finn are more petty than the ones about his race:heh:

People complain about weak villians in comic book movies,name one as weak as Kylo Rens ass:mjlol:?

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
o-KIM-KARDASHIAN-KANYE-WEST-STAR-WARS-570.jpg

CWhThRSUwAAls_I.jpg

KanYe "Finn" West. Photos taken in 2008

:lupe:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's because there was no romance or love story. They came across to me as good friends with maybe some sexual tension. Finn wants to fukk cause guys will fukk anything that doesn't make it a love story. I thought the chemistry they had was one of the better parts of the movie

Begging her to come with him?chasing her down while screaming in agony:damn:?her being his reason for no longer being afraid:jbhmm:...But your right i guess the love was too one sided to make it a love story:sas1:...he didnt try to fukk one time or come off like some horny guy tryna fukk everything,cant say i saw that or sexual tension either.

it was kindve Romeo Must Die where i thought they were building up to a love story...which maybe they still are,but it never got there...when a man is doing everything for a girl and risking his life for a girl he barely knows,theres pretty much guarantee its ending with a love story.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Knew somebody would be mad at this shyt in the a.m:snoop:...I dont know what else to call it,dude is an actor ive only seen in one other movie....and from Attack The Block to this,are you telling me he wasnt white washed into a safe nikka:jbhmm:?

I even left the option open maybe thats how he is in real life,which would mean they told him he wasnt black enough or hood enough for Attack The Block...are u not offended by that?as if black men who act like Finn dont live in the hood:mjpls:

Like i said,if Finn is how he really is i have no problem,if john bodega is really the guy from attack the block though?it definitley means they whitewashed his character and told him to not be so urban:skip:?sorry thats not offensive to you:manny:...like i said i could be wrong about this.

but lets not pretend we havent seen black actors portray many types of people from all walks of life...Will Smith,Michael b jordan,denzel,samuel l jackson etc...but they all were still very much black men and ive never accused any of them of being whitewashed?i didnt say he had to be a straight hood nikka in star wars:laff:...but damn,to go from seein him as a hood dude,to seein him sound like a straight white man,who i wouldnt know was black if he called on the phone,caught me off guard a little...not sure what the problem is..i even said it was a personal problem and not really a problem for me after the initial shock wore off....yall know damn well you can be non hood and still sound black,maybe some of u have been confused for cacs over the phone,thats a personal problem...dont take that out on me.

Funny how ol girl still talked like your normal white woman from London though,i guess that accent is timeless....be happy about assimilation of black men accross the galaxy brehs:mjpls:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Maybe kylo ren being so damn weak should be your problem:patrice:...He really only did one cold blooded thing in the movie and he even did that in emo fashion:mjlol:...Finn helped Po escape,h3 was a shooter not a swordsman:banderas:...Kylo Ren whos been training his whole life shouldve had no problem beating either one of them on the sword tip,yet finn and the girl both got at his azz and beat him...he couldnt have just frozen finn with the force:dahell:...at the end of the day finn was just a storm trooper who wasnt shyt without his gun but still tried to fight anyway and held his own...plus he was a coward in the beginning so he could come back an redeem himself later.
yalls gripes about Finn are more petty than the ones about his race:heh:

People complain about weak villians in comic book movies,name one as weak as Kylo Rens ass:mjlol:?

you're not making any sense

Kylo Ren killed off a bunch of Jedi trainees

but all of a sudden he's going toe to toe with Finn, who got his ass handed to him by another storm trooper? How does that make sense, if he was weak how'd he kill off the Jedi trainees and force Luke into hiding. SMH

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Have you seen Star Wars before ? They have had characters English accents before but never has a character been a London hood kid or even a American hoos kid dropping slang . He got to throw in a droid , please which was funny and in real life johns pretty funny and it came across in the movie

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you're not making any sense

Kylo Ren killed off a bunch of Jedi trainees

but all of a sudden he's going toe to toe with Finn, who got his ass handed to him by another storm trooper? How does that make sense, if he was weak how'd he kill off the Jedi trainees and force Luke into hiding. SMH

I didn't see him kill off any Jedi trainees,maybe he killed them in they sleep:sas1:? and you just explained why he's weak,He's weak because I saw Finn holding his ground against him whos not a jedi,he's weak because a girl who never trained as a jedi is going toe to toe with him in using a lightsaber,Getting chumped by Rey when he tried to use the force on her to give up info?What did he do?had to run and tell his boss as she escaped....He was even being talked to like a bytch throughout the movie,praying to a burnt up helmet for help because he was feeling soft:mjlol:

Cmon bruh,dude looked cool at the beginning,but it all went downhill for em soon as they decided they wanted to show he still had a "light" side....a villain whos conflicted on being a villian is already a borderline weak villain,Kylo Ren crossed that line to straight weakness:snoop:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
I didn't see him kill off any Jedi trainees,maybe he killed them in they sleep:sas1:? and you just explained why he's weak,He's weak because I saw Finn holding his ground against him whos not a jedi,he's weak because a girl who never trained as a jedi is going toe to toe with him in using a lightsaber,Getting chumped by Rey when he tried to use the force on her to give up info?What did he do?had to run and tell his boss as she escaped....He was even being talked to like a bytch throughout the movie,praying to a burnt up helmet for help because he was feeling soft:mjlol:

Cmon bruh,dude looked cool at the beginning,but it all went downhill for em soon as they decided they wanted to show he still had a "light" side....a villain whos conflicted on being a villian is already a borderline weak villain,Kylo Ren crossed that line to straight weakness:snoop:

this isn't the Sith, they are suppose to have a balance of light and dark.

they mentioned it in the movies that he wiped out the jedi trainees under Luke...so his back story doesn't fit what happened on the film