Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn't like the movie,the black dude Finn was the most interesting character though,but if you thought black guy was about to be the lead,while pretty white girl would be the sidekick in a billion dollar franchise,congratulations on your wake up call:sas1:

Maybe this is how all star war movies are,but I thought it was low on action,shytty dialogue....I thought this was a reboot,but apparently I would've had to have seen all the old movies to give a damn about this one....I could've cared less about Harrison Ford and ol girl reconnecting,or their son who you realize is just some emo teenager once he takes the mask off:snoop:

The whole Finn with the white Jedi girl love story was forced as shyt,did you have to make him start simping,falling in love,begging her to come with him so early in the movie:childplease:...They really didn't bother to build up a relationship,it wasn't just the racist star war fans who didn't want to see them together,I saw no connection or romance and could care less if they got together either:mjlol:

This movie is probably just for Star War fans only,not people who just want to go see a new movie and have a good time,or nikkas going because they think the black guy was going to be the hero:mjlol:...Finn was the best character in a bad movie,white girl jedi was good too....all the old characters stunk and basically dragged the movie down imo...The crazy thing is I happened to catch the new Star Trek movie on tv and I ended up watching it and thought it was pretty good,and I couldn't stand the Star Trek tv show when it used to come on,it was boring as shyt.

Kindve suprising the guy who made that Star Trek movie made this,how the hell he make boring azz Star Trek interesting to a new viewer,but couldn't do that for me with Star Wars?

Far as Finn my only problem with him was I saw him in that other movie with the monsters and thought he was good and a likeable character....Thought he was maybe a little too whitewashed and corny in this film,not very relatable:mjpls:....Hate to say he wasn't black enough,and I wouldn't go there if I hadn't seen him blacker in that other movie....maybe he was acting in that other movie and this is the real him though,just caught me off guard...for a brief second it made me wonder if they told him "don't be so urban:whoa:",but after a while I must admit his non blackness kindve took his race out of the equation til the end:jbhmm:,so I think they were successful in that regard if the didn't want race "getting in the way":manny:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
What do you think the bold means?:patrice:
Not sure, maybe she realised that Luke was the one who left her on Jakku? Or that since the lightsaber was "calling to her" she realised she had to go train with Luke? Maybe she was remembering her prior training that was suppressed by Luke? Maybe she just recognised that it was Luke Skywalker in the vision she just had?

:patrice:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
@Darth Humanist You saw When the starkiller weapon fired the first time, was that planet coruscant that was destroyed???:ohhh::ohhh::dwillhuh::wtf:
Nah breh it was Hosnian Prime, the current capital of the New Republic (it's no longer Coruscant and they change it periodically).

I think Coruscant may the site of a huge battle in Episode 9 :lupe:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
brand.gif
brand.gif

Rebel Alliance Logo... The Jedi Order Logo...

:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh: I just noticed this today always wondered where the rebel alliance logo came from..

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
I didn't like the movie,the black dude Finn was the most interesting character though,but if you thought black guy was about to be the lead,while pretty white girl would be the sidekick in a billion dollar franchise,congratulations on your wake up call:sas1:

Maybe this is how all star war movies are,but I thought it was low on action,shytty dialogue....I thought this was a reboot,but apparently I would've had to have seen all the old movies to give a damn about this one....I could've cared less about Harrison Ford and ol girl reconnecting,or their son who you realize is just some emo teenager once he takes the mask off:snoop:

The whole Finn with the white Jedi girl love story was forced as shyt,did you have to make him start simping,falling in love,begging her to come with him so early in the movie:childplease:...They really didn't bother to build up a relationship,it wasn't just the racist star war fans who didn't want to see them together,I saw no connection or romance and could care less if they got together either:mjlol:

This movie is probably just for Star War fans only,not people who just want to go see a new movie and have a good time,or nikkas going because they think the black guy was going to be the hero:mjlol:...Finn was the best character in a bad movie,white girl jedi was good too....all the old characters stunk and basically dragged the movie down imo...The crazy thing is I happened to catch the new Star Trek movie on tv and I ended up watching it and thought it was pretty good,and I couldn't stand the Star Trek tv show when it used to come on,it was boring as shyt.

Kindve suprising the guy who made that Star Trek movie made this,how the hell he make boring azz Star Trek interesting to a new viewer,but couldn't do that for me with Star Wars?

Far as Finn my only problem with him was I saw him in that other movie with the monsters and thought he was good and a likeable character....Thought he was maybe a little too whitewashed and corny in this film,not very relatable:mjpls:....Hate to say he wasn't black enough,and I wouldn't go there if I hadn't seen him blacker in that other movie....maybe he was acting in that other movie and this is the real him though,just caught me off guard...for a brief second it made me wonder if they told him "don't be so urban:whoa:",but after a while I must admit his non blackness kindve took his race out of the equation til the
:jbhmm:end,so I think they were successful in that regard if the didn't want race "getting in the way":manny:
What does this mean:childplease:
Black people only have one personality that cycles through each male?
Is the non "white-washed" (terrible marginalizing term) black person someone who's dead serious and mean mugs every white person they see?
This makes no fukking sense whatsoever.
People on thecoli who whine about black people being "safe nikkas" or "whitewashed" either don't talk to a wide variety of black people or purposely stay away from people that don't fit their narrow definition of what a black man should be.
And at no point in the movie was he a "sidekick", a co-lead/co-protagonist.
Finn is fukking "white-washed":snoop:
One of the stupidest fukking comments in this thread.

Last edited:

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
I need to rewatch the movie but I honestly thought that was a 100% joke and a reference to the trash compactor shyt from the OG. Why would a stormtrooper be in a ground battle and captain phasma was his sergeant, unless stormtroopers have some alternate duty they have outside of combat?

This is what I'm thinking.

In ANH that's how they escaped after rescuing Leia

CHL

Superstar
Daps
brand.gif
brand.gif

Rebel Alliance Logo... The Jedi Order Logo...

:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh: I just noticed this today always wondered where the rebel alliance logo came from..
:jawalrus:I'm sure this was intentional by the founders of the Rebel Alliance (Bail Organa among others)

Last edited:

out4dolo

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Far as Finn my only problem with him was I saw him in that other movie with the monsters and thought he was good and a likeable character....Thought he was maybe a little too whitewashed and corny in this film,not very relatable:mjpls:....Hate to say he wasn't black enough,and I wouldn't go there if I hadn't seen him blacker in that other movie....maybe he was acting in that other movie and this is the real him though,just caught me off guard...for a brief second it made me wonder if they told him "don't be so urban:whoa:",but after a while I must admit his non blackness kindve took his race out of the equation til the end:jbhmm:,so I think they were successful in that regard if the didn't want race "getting in the way":manny:

:comeon: nikka please, sit your simple ass down...:snoop:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I'm watching the TFA torrent and after Maz says "whoever you're waiting for on Jakku they're never coming back...but there's someone who still could", Rey whispers "Luke". :ohhh: :ohhh:

Also when the Starkiller base fires and it shows Finn there is the voices of the people in the Hosnian system and he turns around distressed to see it. He's obviously force sensitive.

Not sure, maybe she realised that Luke was the one who left her on Jakku? Or that since the lightsaber was "calling to her" she realised she had to go train with Luke? Maybe she was remembering her prior training that was suppressed by Luke? Maybe she just recognised that it was Luke Skywalker in the vision she just had?

'There's someone that still could' implies that Luke is not the one who left Rey behind, because as Maz said, those people are never coming back. My guess is still that as a toddler, Rey was in the care of Luke's new Jedi Order, and was hidden away on Jakku after Kylo Ren turned. That's why she has a connection with Luke, and the people who got her out simply got caught and/or executed.

AV Dicey

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Juan Roberto's bald spot
What does this mean:childplease:
Black people only have one personality that cycles through each male?
Is the non "white-washed" (terrible marginalizing term) black person someone who's dead serious and mean mugs every white person they see?
This makes no fukking sense whatsoever.
People on thecoli who whine about black people being "safe nikkas" or "whitewashed" either don't talk to a wide variety of black people or purposely stay away from people that don't fit their narrow definition of what a black man should be.
And at no point in the movie was he a "sidekick", a co-lead/co-protagonist.
Finn is fukking "white-washed":snoop:ton
One of the stupidest fukking comments in this thread.
he was doing a bummy kevin hart bit while we remember him fondly portraying a 'Leonard Washington' type character in a Steven Spielbergesque kiddie adventure hood movie. Hence the 'white-wash' argument, not to be taken literally. The kid has the presence to portray a serious leader and if the producers were smart they better be writing this as a character arc from failed storm trooper to leader of the resistance. The shyt writes itself and he played it well enough in a 'hood movie' that they cast him as a lead in the biggest franchise ever. "Allow it!"

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
.Thought he was maybe a little too whitewashed and corny in this film,not very relatable:mjpls:....Hate to say he wasn't black enough,and I wouldn't go there if I hadn't seen him blacker in that other movie....maybe he was acting in that other movie and this is the real him though,just caught me off guard...for a brief second it made me wonder if they told him "don't be so urban:whoa:",but after a while I must admit his non blackness kindve took his race out of the equation til the end:jbhmm:,so I think they were successful in that regard if the didn't want race "getting in the way":manny:

sorry that in the future galaxy far far away, after inter-galactic wars, that the black guy doesn't act like your normal american black man :mjlol:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
yeah, my biggest grip - as many of you mentioned - is Finn get his ass kicked all throughout the film

even when he had the light sabre the 1st time, he got bodied by a storm trooper with a electric night stick.

then fast forward a few days later , he's holding is own against Kylo Ren. before being slashed.

all of it was pretty nonsensical