Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Just gonna let you simple nikkas continue to be simple nikkas,c00ns,and undercover whites. You either can't comprehend black male/minority emasculation by Hollywood or don't want to face reality. Same way some of you acted when it was brought up with the treatment of the black men on the walking dead.

Just ask yourselves, why were white racists mad at Finn before the movie came out? Why are they no longer mad at him AFTER they've seen him in action?:sas1:

Because he's not a threat to white superiority complex anymore and white people aren't afraid of a safe negroes.:sas2:

And you deep down you simple nikkas know that's true. In the spirit of star wars,search your feelings c00ns. You won't though, you'll just throw subliminals trying to make me seem crazy (I own every star wars movies and read EU books Darth Homoist,eat a dikk whiteboy) and circle jerk each other for cheap daps. I'm cool with that, may the c00n stay with you.

Seriously fukk off and stop your crying. It's getting tiresome

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This might happen except the whole Ren going back to the light side(why would they put him back training with Luke again).

Why would they make her so mary sue without no struggle in the film? Either it a feminist agenda(possibly it is) or ready for a big plot twist in episode 8.

Just look at the movie poster
tfa_poster_wide_header.jpg

Why does it make it look like Rey is holding the red light saber?:wtf:

This has to symbolizes something.:jbhmm:

Yea it looks like Rey on the darkside with ren and Finn the lone savior for the light

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Finn is a true black dude
He's the first character I've seen in Star Wars speak with modern vernacular
Now they just need to not make him a bytch in the next movie

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
Don't me we shouldn't call them out. Especially after false advertising the black males role to get that black money in the theater.
Black people would go see SW with or without John Boyega's Finn. I thought the young brother did a great job in the role and should be praised. I think the false advertising thing is real gripe but then again JJ is known to use diversionary tactics in his TV and film promotion strategy. I think as much as one could interpret Finn as a weak character, one could also interpret him as a nuanced character who has won some real internal battles and has much more room to grow. I know a love interest is being cast for him in the next film and Jedi don't have attachments as a rule. I think he will turn out to be the most interesting character in the saga.

Daps
Reppin
NY
Nikkas seriously denying how bad they made Finn character look?

Nikkas need to seriously let go of being a fan and seriously look at Finn portrayal. Everything this guy did was to make another character look better at his expense. It sad to see people denying this just because they loved the movie. :snoop:

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia

Nikkas need to seriously let go of being a fan and seriously look at Finn portrayal. Everything this guy did was to make another character look better at his expense. It sad to see people denying this just because they loved the movie. :snoop:
I thought like you did at first but now I appreciate the character of Finn more. He is really the only one of the cast on a true hero's journey. Rey is the messiah character and Poe is paper thin. Finn rejected his programming and broke out. Made the best of situations that were dangerous and bigger than him without force welfare carrying him through his crises... Let a brother cook.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Seems to me you need to let go of your own insecurity. That's the real problem. You been struggling with post traumatic slave disorder that you are BEGGING you a black superhero. It makes you feel secure about yourself. And anything less is offensive to you self-image. That's insecurity, my brother.

You had your own overrated expectations crushed. The only one to blame is yourself. If you have TRUE knowledge of self. You would give two fuccks about how white devils view on our people. And you can view without bias our people as HUMAN BEINGS and not a false sense of reality. Finn is the most human of all the characters and is why many, regardless of race can identify with him. But because it doesn't fit with your need to make yourself feel GOOD about yourself you want to shyt on the character instead of looking at yourself in the mirror and ask if you are black excellence and how and why.

Because the way you and others are behaving online, y'all would be real bytches and pussies put into a similar situation in witnessing immoral war combat. Y'all wouldn't even volunteer when REAL a revolution jumps off. When you go against the government, go attack on their military. Be like how the Resistance is in this movie. Ya'll would be the FIRST sellouts to run and hide.

Because if you truly about that life that you shytted on this character as not, you wouldn't even BE online. You would be strategizing for war and revolution. Yet, you are here bytchin about a MOVIE. A fantasy. Whining about one character that doesn't live up to your insecure protective image.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
just got back from seeing this and thought it was really good. i was worried that JJ would try and do too much or go over the top with the CGI but he did a good job keeping the focus on the story and character.

i can see why ppl would be upset with finn's character. everything was good with him until he got to the water well and started drinking with the beast, which just gave off a bad first impression and a bad look, plus his immediate obsession with rey was forced and made him look even weaker. the positive of finn tho is the growth and development. i think they're building him up from scared soldier to a big player in the game, maybe to replace han solo's character?

rey's character seems rushed. she went from scavenger to wielding a lightsaber, using jedi abilities and defeating kylo ren (who's been training for years) in 0 to 100.

other than that i enjoyed it and looking forward to 8.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
Black people would go see SW with or without John Boyega's Finn. I thought the young brother did a great job in the role and should be praised. I think the false advertising thing is real gripe but then again JJ is known to use diversionary tactics in his TV and film promotion strategy. I think as much as one could interpret Finn as a weak character, one could also interpret him as a nuanced character who has won some real internal battles and has much more room to grow. I know a love interest is being cast for him in the next film and Jedi don't have attachments as a rule. I think he will turn out to be the most interesting character in the saga.

black star wars fans were going to see it. the casual probably not. I personally know a few black people who this was their first star wars movie ever and they went opening week. That says a lot. We all know seeing a black guy swinging a lightsaber had a lot to do with it. The reason the misdirection doesn't work in the movie is because Finn gets all the punishment and none of the reward while Rey gets all of the reward and none of the punishment. Thats what leads to her being overpowered and him being a roll player. He faces all the adversity that turns someone into a hero but doesn't end up the hero. You can't name a action movie where the guy who had it the hardest never got to redeem himself.

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
We still don't know if it was false advertising, he might still become a Jedi in the next two movies.

Also we still don't know if new female role will be his love interest or not in the sequel.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw the movir for the second time today. Still like it a lot. My only complaints are the painful dialogue between ford and fisher, and the trash soundtrack. But kylo ren is a great villain so far and i lIke all the new heroes