Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
This site pisses me off sometimes. I love coming to this site because there's a forum with people like me. But its times like this that make me want to leave. The site is always complaining about blacks not getting proper treatment in Hollywood, and finally when we get a brotha in one of the biggest movie of the year (in which he killed), they find someway to complain.

Yeah I've mostly stayed away from this thread because of it. I just wanna talk about all the questions that were left unanswered but most of the posts I see are essays about how we as black people should feel wronged or that we got the okie doke

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
i thought they took the helmet off way too early and in an anti-climatic way. it only killed the mystique of ren and made it obvious that ren and rey are gonna have some frenemy relationship. i bet ren saves rey at some point of the series or vice versa.

i'm still hyped at that ending. rey is gonna be a dope jedi:banderas:

I thought the same thing about Kylo to but they didn't want to make a complete Vader clone so they made a conflicted person

I was pissed when they first did it during the movie, thought they made him into a p*ssy, but the more I thought about it after the movie I liked the decision they made

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Everybody complaining about Finn breh:yeshrug:

He made the movie for me honestly and I see him as the Han Solo type character of the new movies for this new generation.

that's what i got from his performance as well. the way he stepped up for missions, plans stuff on the fly, improvise and still complete the mission is straight from the han solo book.

he did say in the movie that he was involved in only 1 village raid and didn't kill anyone so he's still "war young." plus he was taken from his family at a young age so he was emotionally and mentally beaten before everything started happening. i think the real gauge for Finn will be episode 8. if he's still clumsy and cowardly after what he's been through then they're not doing his character development justice.

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
that's what i got from his performance as well. the way he stepped up for missions, plans stuff on the fly, improvise and still complete the mission is straight from the han solo book.

he did say in the movie that he was involved in only 1 village raid and didn't kill anyone so he's still "war young." plus he was taken from his family at a young age so he was emotionally and mentally beaten before everything started happening. i think the real gauge for Finn will be episode 8. if he's still clumsy and cowardly after what he's been through then they're not doing his character development justice.

The fact that this is the first movie of the trilogy should tell everybody that we don't need to jump to conclusions. nikkas are out here saying Poe Dameron gonna steal Ren:russ: Poe and Ren had zero interaction in this move and who's to say Poe is gonna be a main part of the movie going forward? I can already see Ren, Finn, Chewy and BB-8 being the main group.

For all we know there is something major being cooked up for Finns character going forward

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
What the fukk does Finn need "redemption" for :what:
Alot of people were expecting Finn to be OP'd the fukk out. We got something else. I was on that Finn=simp squad but my second and third viewing changed that. I think some of what they did was not necessary but the character himself is fine with me. I think the outrage at the outrage is just as ridiculous.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
I thought the same thing about Kylo to but they didn't want to make a complete Vader clone so they made a conflicted person

I was pissed when they first did it during the movie, thought they made him into a p*ssy, but the more I thought about it after the movie I liked the decision they made

:ohhh:

i didn't even think about that. i'm used to characters turning to the dark side after losing someone close.

after thinking about it, the buildup for han and ren meeting (kylo asking his grandfather for help was dope:wow:) had me hooked and was well done. this was a great start to the series.
The fact that this is the first movie of the trilogy should tell everybody that we don't need to jump to conclusions. nikkas are out here saying Poe Dameron gonna steal Ren:russ: Poe and Ren had zero interaction in this move and who's to say Poe is gonna be a main part of the movie going forward? I can already see Ren, Finn, Chewy and BB-8 being the main group.

For all we know there is something major being cooked up for Finns character going forward

yeah it's way too early to completely write him off. he went toe to toe with a jedi and injured him by the end of the movie and the way rey said we're definitely gonna cross paths again tells you he's gonna be around. just gotta give it a little extra time for character development. i think ppl were expecting finn to just come in and fukk shyt up using jedi powers, but he's obviously more skilled with the blasters and being a strategy guy. maybe he'll get some training on using a lightsaber:yeshrug: i just feel like they can go in a lot of good directions with finn.

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
:ohhh:

i didn't even think about that. i'm used to characters turning to the dark side after losing someone close.

after thinking about it, the buildup for han and ren meeting (kylo asking his grandfather for help was dope:wow:) had me hooked and was well done. this was a great start to the series.

yeah it's way too early to completely write him off. he went toe to toe with a jedi and injured him by the end of the movie and the way rey said we're definitely gonna cross paths again tells you he's gonna be around. just gotta give it a little extra time for character development. i think ppl were expecting finn to just come in and fukk shyt up using jedi powers, but he's obviously more skilled with the blasters and being a strategy guy. maybe he'll get some training on using a lightsaber:yeshrug: i just feel like they can go in a lot of good directions with finn.

Finn, Rey and Kylo will have hopefully some great storylines in both 8 and 9:noah:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop::francis:
So I re watched the original trilogy again and I didnt realize till now that Luke took L's all throughout Empire Strikes Back, and he really wasn't the hero that saved day in Return. He was basically a tool used to get Anakin back to completing his destiny of restoring balance in the Force.
And it took three movies for Luke to become a Jedi.

I know Im late as hell:upsetfavre:

Also arent Jedi is suppose to be celibate? So what Luke doing fukking :francis: (if Rey is his daughter)

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
:snoop::francis:
So I re watched the original trilogy again and I didnt realize till now that Luke took L's all throughout Empire Strikes Back, and he really wasn't the hero that saved day in Return. He was basically a tool used to get Anakin back to completing his destiny of restoring balance in the Force.
And it took three movies for Luke to become a Jedi.

I know Im late as hell:upsetfavre:

Also arent Jedi is suppose to be celibate? So what Luke doing fukking :francis: (if Rey is his daughter)
It's not that the Jedi are supposed to be celibate. It's that they are supposed to live without attachments. Anakin's attachment to his mother and his wife was used to manipulate him to do great evil and turn to the darkside. Luke was free-er and was unable to be turned by Vader and later the Emperor.