Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no one pointed out how finn fell for rey only after he saw how strong of a woman she was. didn't just bug his eyes at the first sight of a piece of p*ssy.

only a strong man craves a strong woman.

If Rey was cast as a strong black woman she would be an overweight, loud, obnoxious, single mom and baptist

:troll:

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
poe got his mind read by a sith - pretty much a sith mind trick. dude didnt intentionally just throw the info out to save himself. you moving the goalpost a bit

rey had problems with the falcon because she was fairly new to it, han came back to it and had problems too
let the monsters out to save han and chewbacca trying to save han from dying which it in turn did
no one is ignoring her running away from the lightsaber, we're actually using it to explain why her being the second coming of obi-wan 5 minutes later was ridiculous
she had to lose to move the story, she was out in the woods with a pistol he had a lightsaber and was at full force

it was stated that kylo was conflicted by kylo himself
hence him being emo,which in turn led to him being questioned by boss and coworker
no one can explain him losing that battle outside of him being wounded. that scene shouldve ended with the cliff seperating them but we all know Disney loves triumphant princess that they can milk for money out of young girls

The had flaws but they had skills. Finn had no skills at all. He was the ONLY person in the galaxy without one real skill. He had little tidbits of knowledge here and there but so did C-3PO.
Finn was a good shooter and it showed in the film whereas most Stormtroopers are bad shots. He also ran a stormtrooper through with Luke's lightsaber right when we see FO attacking Maz' cantina bar. He was also shown to be a good shooter on the guns of the TIE fighter with Poe in the opening act and on the Millennium Falcon's guns with Rey

. I will admit that he never seems to get the moment of GLORY where the viewing audience is forced to acknowledge his excellence and this is a problem. Poe thanks him for finishing the mission to get BB-8 to the rebellion and Leia acknowledges him for that as well. He then gets a planning/command/expert scene where he describes the layout of the Starkiller and how it is powered. He is one of only three characters to land a hit on Kylo Ren.

I think Finn is in an interesting situation right now and he has the most freedom of direction where his character can go. He could wake up with force powers. He could wake up possessed by Snoke somehow. He could become a ranking officer in the Resistance. He could become a bounty Hunter who is loosely affiliated with the Resistance. I think they will be forced to do something cool with him because of fair/unfair criticism that they created with the media campaign that had people thinking he was a Jedi prospect. I can't agree with the position that he has no skills.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was top of his class as a marksman in his training. He is confident in his shot whether its with a blaster or turret on a ship.
And lets not act like he all he did was run, he caught like eight bodies and was holding his own against Ren
I know man . I want this debate to stop or mods to make a separate I hate Rey and Finn thread so we can discuss the movie and episode 8

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finn was a good shooter and it showed in the film whereas most Stormtroopers are bad shots. He also ran a stormtrooper through with Luke's lightsaber right when we see FO attacking Maz' cantina bar. He was also shown to be a good shooter on the guns of the TIE fighter with Poe in the opening act and on the Millennium Falcon's guns with Rey

. I will admit that he never seems to get the moment of GLORY but Poe shanks him for finishing the mission to get BB-8 to the rebellion and Leia acknowledges him for that as well. He then gets a planning/command/expert scene where he describes the layout of the Starkiller and how it is powered. He is one of only three characters to land a hit on Kylo Ren. I can't agree with the position that he has no skills.
He was a jack of all trades ala Han who isn't the best pilot of all time or fighter or a Jedi .

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
Finn isn't perfect we can all agree. But your making it like he's the new jar jar or something . All the characters have flaws breh let it go let's discuss what we think episode 8 will be

Thank you.

but now, continuing... more theories & speculation. just because.

I was talking w/ my sister and she likes the theory that Rey is related to Obi-Wan somehow. (or even to both, Skywalkers and Obi-Wan... don't know how that would even be possible though)

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thank you.

but now, continuing... more theories & speculation. just because.

I was talking w/ my sister and she likes the theory that Rey is related to Obi-Wan somehow. (or even to both, Skywalkers and Obi-Wan... don't know how that would even be possible though)
I really don't think Rey is a skywalker . Kylo and leia should of acknowledged it to me and Luke's reaction is more like :francis::stopitslime::upsetfavre::comeon::usure: than. :blessed::smugfavre::jawalrus:P

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
:mindblown: where do you come up with these ideas :mindblown:

other 'new' main characters:

Poe:
-gets captured and is forced to tell where the droid is... basically snitched

Rey:
-has problems with millenium falcon at first, despite calling herself a pilot
-lets the monsters out accidentally after not knowing shyt about em
-is scared to even touch the lightsaber again after she saw the visions and tries to run away (why people complaining about Finn are ignoring this?)
-got her ass whooped by Ren the first time they met

Kylo Ren
-confused as fukk, doesn't seem to know what he's doing or wants to do half the time
-emo
-questioned by his boss and Hux
-basically lost to someone who supposedly hadn't been in a lightsaber battle before

they all had flaws, I don't get this "Rey was perfect" talk at all either. She seemed stubborn/scared talking bout going back to Jakku and then trying to leave after she touched the lightsaber.

the Finn/Poe scenes were great, Finn/Rey scenes even better. Their scenes with Han Solo were probably the best though. Han talking to Rey in the Millenium Falcon and offering her a job after it and obviously Han, Chewie & Finn trying to save Rey.

You lying disingenuous types are truly something else.

Poe's first action is him bodying a bunch of stormtroopers. Sends his droid away and stays to fight. This is all happening at the same time where Finn's shaking up. He then later returns after getting Finn off the base and saves Han, Finn and the rest and then in the climax leads his team to destroy the new death star and successfully does so.

Rey was nothing but a Mary Sue, who's whole point was that she does not require any sort of help from the male co-lead. Finn goes to save her on the deathstar but she had already escaped on her own. When she's attacked at the start and Finn goes to help, she fends off the attackers without him. Finn hasn't got a clue on how to fly and operate a ship, but she does. They need to get rid of the gangsters on the ship, her idea gets rid of them works. Kylo takes out Finn and she saves and defeats him. Zero explanation is provided for her skills and is a perfect character from the jump.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tumblr_nzvcfsbnsO1v29judo1_250.jpg
tumblr_nzvcfsbnsO1v29judo2_250.jpg

Who is down for this twist in ep. VIII?

Jesus no! I cant root for this fakket. He killed his pops theres no redemption for him unless he walks into snokes throne room with a suicide vest in ep 9

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia

Poe's first action is him bodying a bunch of stormtroopers. Sends his droid away and stays to fight. This is all happening at the same time where Finn's shaking up. He then later returns after getting Finn off the base and saves Han, Finn and the rest and then in the climax leads his team to destroy the new death star and successfully does so.

Rey was nothing but a Mary Sue, who's whole point was that she does not require any sort of help from the male co-lead. Finn goes to save her on the deathstar but she had already escaped on her own. When she's attacked at the start and Finn goes to help, she fends off the attackers without him. Finn hasn't got a clue on how to fly and operate a ship, but she does. They need to get rid of the gangsters on the ship, her idea gets rid of them works. Kylo takes out Finn and she saves and defeats him. Zero explanation is provided for her skills and is a perfect character from the jump.
You forget that without Finn on the guns of the Falcon, She gets blown up. Finn also hurts Kylo Ren who is actually beating her back until she taps into the force. I agree the character is overpowered but I have come back from the ledge on Finn. I think he is one of the most interesting characters in the new film if not the THE most interesting character in terms of where he can go next. Poe is a comic book hero with less development. Just a one note crack pilot. Not that interesting.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Her idea was not to unleash the monsters ! It was to trap the monsters and yes she clearly needs Finn help at the end seeing as how she is unconcious

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
I really don't think Rey is a skywalker . Kylo and leia should of acknowledged it to me and Luke's reaction is more like :francis::stopitslime::upsetfavre::comeon::usure: than. :blessed::smugfavre::jawalrus:P

Kylo kinda seemed to know more about her... like he kept referring to her as "the girl" and only after he heard about a girl helping Finn escape with the
droid he started choking the dude who told him.

I agree about Leia's reaction. Luke's reaction was kinda meh, can't really tell.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
He's able to be a gunner , can use a blaster ,use a light saber without the force and tidbit of info ? He gave them the plan to stop starkiller !!!also Rey's plan was to trap the Pirates not free the monsters she did that by .accident . And she clearly gets KO by Kylo to start the Finn /Kylo fight so reslly with no Finn she's dead or captured again . She wasn't Obi wan with the saber
This is the problem in your world you give Finn so little credit

He's able to be a lot of things but he was c-3po. You guys keep giving him the gunner kills even though he admitted he had no idea how he did it at the end of the second fight. Another force sensitive misdirection. She didn't get coma'd so once again Finn is a plot device who was sold as the hero

. I will admit that he never seems to get the moment of GLORY where the viewing audience is forced to acknowledge his excellence and this is a problem. Poe thanks him for finishing the mission to get BB-8 to the rebellion and Leia acknowledges him for that as well. He then gets a planning/command/expert scene where he describes the layout of the Starkiller and how it is powered. He is one of only three characters to land a hit on Kylo Ren.

I think Finn is in an interesting situation right now and he has the most freedom of direction where his character can go. He could wake up with force powers. He could wake up possessed by Snoke somehow. He could become a ranking officer in the Resistance. He could become a bounty Hunter who is loosely affiliated with the Resistance. I think they will be forced to do something cool with him because of fair/unfair criticism that they created with the media campaign that had people thinking he was a Jedi prospect. I can't agree with the position that he has no skills.

Dude had no skill. Just some info on the starkiller which doesn't exist anymore. So now what? Dude was a plot device sold as the hero to lure black people in.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kylo kinda seemed to know more about her... like he kept referring to her as "the girl" and only after he heard about a girl helping Finn escape with the
droid he started choking the dude who told him.

I agree about Leia's reaction. Luke's reaction was kinda meh, can't really tell.
Yeah I think she can go either way . I wonder how much changes they can make towards the future since ep 8 is written . Like will they look at the backlash and make Finn FS If he isn't ? Or Rey a skywalker If she wasn't or Poe /Finn go on a cool mission next movie or put Rey /Finn together due to chemistry .