Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what does kylo even wear a mask, he doesnt have breathing or a disfigurement problem, staning vader when he turn his back on the dark side

:manny:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
what can I say, an organization that is made up exclusively of men (white men) is more terrifying and more comparable to that of an oppressive regime than one that has cute looking women all over the command station.

just having phasma be a female makes her far less intimidating.
Like I said, makes no sense for a universe such as Star Wars :yeshrug:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
@wire28 Mace Windu was not a minor character. He was a step below the leads in terms of screentime and featuredness. No minor character is fighting Darth Sidious in the culmination of the trilogy and being possibly the only one in the galaxy to nearly defeat him.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
So we not gonna discuss the plot
:deadrose:

Let's change which one of characters was black, keep the story the same, and see how the critique would change :jbhmm:

Black Poe:
-goes to jail
-snitched
-saved by a white boy
-barely in the movie

Black Kylo:
-murderer
-angry
-can't control his rage
-pawn of the white man
-worships a dead white man
-subservient to Hux
-killed his daddy
-lost to a white girl

Black Rey
-slave
-parents abandoned her
-wasn't doing anything until that white boy Finn showed up and gave her purpose
-didn't know things Finn knew
-scared to carry a light saber
-natural athlete who picked up the force by instincts
-needs a white man to teach her how to use the force
-a black female lead emasculates/feminizes black boys who'll see the movie

These Tariq Nasheed types will find a good white supremacists angle in anything:lolbron:

:dead:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cacs see light skin and are "white well alriiight". I agree with the bruhs post in here bout the oppressors all being white makes the movie more menacing cause they are emotionless soulless Succubi.

I see a black chick in the 1st order and im like shyt at least she aint on republic welfare! And if Phasma had me jammed up i'd be fukkin with her complimenting how that ass look in chrome. Take dat helmet off becky let me see yo eyes

:shaq:
:deadmanny:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tumblr_nzvcfsbnsO1v29judo1_250.jpg
tumblr_nzvcfsbnsO1v29judo2_250.jpg

Who is down for this twist in ep. VIII?

That would be one of the greatest twists ever if they went that route. Unfortunately, I think Disney is too conservative for such a thing.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Exactly ! Finn had every reason to run but he came back to fight . Let's see what he does in episode 8, but with his help taking down starkiller and friendship with Poe he's most likely gonna be a big deal in the resistance for real
Considering how small the Resistance is compared to the Republic if VIII jumps in time Finn could already be a leader of the Resistance by then :leon:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Considering how small the Resistance is compared to the Republic if VIII jumps in time Finn could already be a leader of the Resistance by then :leon:
He provided the plan that took down the Starkiller and went on the mission to take it down.

Him and Poe are gonna be walking around that bytch like

tumblr_lnul0brwkZ1qa9vqgo1_500.gif

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exaclty . Finn clearly has skills and knowledge Moreso than what the movies said so he's gonna be a big asset and maybe even a symbol to try and turn people against the FO .

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I think she can go either way . I wonder how much changes they can make towards the future since ep 8 is written . Like will they look at the backlash and make Finn FS If he isn't ? Or Rey a skywalker If she wasn't or Poe /Finn go on a cool mission next movie or put Rey /Finn together due to chemistry .
I doubt they make any major changes. They've had this trilogy generally outlined for a while and are probably already making preparations for 10-12.

I think Finn was already going to be FS though :blessed:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I know man . I want this debate to stop or mods to make a separate I hate Rey and Finn thread so we can discuss the movie and episode 8
While don't y'all stop backseat modding and let the discussion flow naturally?

Cot damn.

This isn't the Episode 8 speculation thread anyways. This is the episode 7 spoiler thread. Let people discuss all aspects of the movie.

As has been stated across threads through every forum of this website.....this is the Coli, and while all are welcome, black issues do tend to take precedent here. So of course Finn is going to be an important discussion here : They marketed the movie as a "progressive" movie. "Breaking down barriers". "SW is for everyone"...and then they gave us...this.

White posters usually go to this backseat modding shyt when the discussion is "too black" for them....:mjpls:

Go to reddit or ***** if you want to avoid the racial issues that the movie has.

He provided the plan that took down the Starkiller and went on the mission to take it down.

Him and Poe are gonna be walking around that bytch like

tumblr_lnul0brwkZ1qa9vqgo1_500.gif

I actually don't think Poe will be as prominent as some are suggesting.

Poe is essentially an "Elevated Wedge", with some of Lukes ANH optimism and mannerisms.

Ridley and Boyega will remain the co-stars.

Isaac will get more time...but don't expect some sort of buddy-movie.