Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cacs are mad that even with a low midichlorin count it will be Finn,not snoke or kylo, that turns rey to the dark side with his force dark log saber in his True resistance jeans

:shaq:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
i already explained hundreds of posts ago why there would be no complaining but it was probably dismissed as coli militantism or whatever so :yeshrug:

white characters have been portrayed in every way possible since cinema has begun, thats why there would be no complaining because it would be nothing new. the string of posts about "if this character were black" completely miss the point and basically excuse hollywood from any critical thought when it comes to black characters. im out though, its pointless to engage if yall are just going to exaggerate and completely dismiss opposing viewpoints
Is Finn a "black character" or a character played by a black actor? We're poking fun because you can turn anything into a subliminal racist message regardless of the film. If Finn was played by a white actor his story would be exactly the same and you all would not be analyzing every single little moment to see if it was racist. We're not saying there has never been racist black characters written.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Starlord from guardians of the galaxy was black:

Fatherless
Given a mixtape by his mother
Stolen from earth and enslaved by white people
Collects artifacts and treasures for the white man
Gets his ass beat by a female (obvious feminist agenda)
Goes to jail and gets broken out by a c00n
Almost kills himself to save a feminist he just met
Has a dance off like he was Michael Jackson to defeat the villain

:martin:

:mjlol:

I can't wait for that Tariq Nasheed Captain America 3 review:

"So in this movie you got the character Black Panther. Now this brother rules his own African nation called Wakanda. When you see it these brothers have all this advanced technology. They have hover boards. Not that bullshyt we got with the wheels, I'm talking real hover boards. The country is hidden so they ain't even letting American brothers take a vacation there. He had all the money and resources but this c00n is out here working for SHEILD and the US government. He ain't trying to help black folks take down these white supremacist cops. He ain't go after George Zimmerman. They even got him getting chased by the police in the damn trailer. He was only in the movie for 10 minutes and spent 5 eyeballing Black Widow who ain't even black. They got a white woman playing Black Widow. He's so much of a c00n he didn't unite with Storm, Luke Cage, Bishop, and Miles Morales and start the Black Avengers. You got another c00n War Machine who ain't nothing but a slave to Tony Stark. Then you got that sambo Nick Fury stopping alien invasions but can't stop white supremacy. Falcon or Falc00n is another black sidekick. All these black heroes and they're divided instead of practicing black group heroism.

I keep telling y'all about Hollywood. Remember the Thor movie. They got this black dude name Hemdoll or something played by Idris Elba. This brother's only job is to open portals for the white folks in Asgard to travel to other worlds. He never travels anywhere. He's a cosmic, black, doorman. "

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Is Finn a "black character" or a character played by a black actor? We're poking fun because you can turn anything into a subliminal racist message regardless of the film. If Finn was played by a white actor his story would be exactly the same and you all would not be analyzing every single little moment to see if it was racist. We're not saying there has never been racist black characters written.

so because you can turn anything into a subliminal racist moment means they actually dont exist? TWD is dealing with the same issue right now. theyve gotten heat from fans questioning why every black male keeps getting killed off (or in tyrese's case is emasculated from his comic version and killed off) and they respond well we were just looking for the best actor for the job, them being black is just a coincidence :troll:

again nobody would be analyzing a white guy because you see it everyday anyway. you see white heroes you see white cowards and you see everything in between there is nothing to analyze.

nobody is going to say "yeah we wanted a black guy for this role"

i think tariq is digging a little too deep and question why his opinion is so highly regarded on here, but i understand why other people are skeptical and not so easy to just say ok i'll wait until episode 8. if you liked the character fine, other people have the right to not like him, regardless of how dead you think racism in hollywood is

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
so because you can turn anything into a subliminal racist moment means they actually dont exist? TWD is dealing with the same issue right now. theyve gotten heat from fans questioning why every black male keeps getting killed off (or in tyrese's case is emasculated from his comic version and killed off) and they respond well we were just looking for the best actor for the job, them being black is just a coincidence :troll:

again nobody would be analyzing a white guy because you see it everyday anyway. you see white heroes you see white cowards and you see everything in between there is nothing to analyze.

i think tariq is digging a little too deep and question why his opinion is so highly regarded on here, but i understand why other people are skeptical and not so easy to just say ok i'll wait until episode 8. if you liked the character fine, other people have the right to not like him, regardless of how dead you think racism in hollywood is
Killing black characters off in TWD is a total different matter from this. Lucas has always supported black actors and black cinema, obviously he didn't make this movie but if you're looking for racist angles you're going to find them. Black characters dying off early in movies is a known thing in Hollywood, but in reality you all lost for still watching TWD. Lennie James was the best actor in the entire show

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
And tyrese was black in the comics so it's obviously a black character, it wasn't just them picking the best actor for the role so that excuse doesn't fly

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i already explained hundreds of posts ago why there would be no complaining but it was probably dismissed as coli militantism or whatever so :yeshrug:

white characters have been portrayed in every way possible since cinema has begun, thats why there would be no complaining because it would be nothing new. the string of posts about "if this character were black" completely miss the point and basically excuse hollywood from any critical thought when it comes to black characters. im out though, its pointless to engage if yall are just going to exaggerate and completely dismiss opposing viewpoints
Ok but your problem is race based and not problems with the character itself
I don't see what's the big deal with people not liking Finn's character. If they don't, they don't and there are good reasons behind it.

If you happen to like it, that's cool, there are good reasons to like it. No need to shame someone else for a difference of opinion.
the people who are doing the shaming are the ones with saying people who like Finn are c00ns or dont understand how Hollywood treats black people

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Killing black characters off in TWD is a total different matter from this. Lucas has always supported black actors and black cinema, obviously he didn't make this movie but if you're looking for racist angles you're going to find them. Black characters dying off early in movies is a known thing in Hollywood, but in reality you all lost for still watching TWD. Lennie James was the best actor in the entire show

And tyrese was black in the comics so it's obviously a black character, it wasn't just them picking the best actor for the role so that excuse doesn't fly

ok, in the future i'll keep a lookout for your opinion of how we should feel about how blacks are portrayed in media

Ok but your problem is race based and not problems with the character itself

the people who are doing the shaming are the ones with saying people who like Finn are c00ns or dont understand how Hollywood treats black people
i listed my problems with the character. it was dismissed as dumb and probably called coli militanism. i have problems with rey's character, phasmas uselessness, and ren at the end too but that hasnt garnered similar discussion because people are hell bent on getting others to accept that finn is perfectly written

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Twd has nothing to do with Finn though :snoop: he's an original Character who was cast regardless of race and a black man got cast .

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
ok, in the future i'll keep a lookout for your opinion of how we should feel about how blacks are portrayed in media

i listed my problems with the character. it was dismissed as dumb and probably called coli militanism. i have problems with rey's character, phasmas uselessness, and ren at the end too but that hasnt garnered similar discussion because people are hell bent on getting others to accept that finn is perfectly written
Complain about racism then disregard someone's opinion based on their skin color brehs, funny how there are several black posters who agreed.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Twd has nothing to do with Finn though :snoop: he's an original Character who was cast regardless of race and a black man got cast .
ok breh, you can stop quoting me i think we got as far as we going to get on this

Complain about racism then disregard someone's opinion based on their skin color brehs, funny how there are several black posters who agreed.
its being disregarded because you're telling me and other posters how we should feel and assess the character (as a white man)

the response to the poster above applies to you as well

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
ok breh, you can stop quoting me i think we got as far as we going to get on this

its being disregarded because you're telling me and other posters how we should feel and assess the character (as a white man)

the response to the poster above applies to you as well
So what happens when a black poster says the exact same thing as me? What do you say to them then?

Edit: I see you just tell them to stop quoting you :dead: