Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Let's change which one of characters was black, keep the story the same, and see how the critique would change :jbhmm:

Black Poe:
-goes to jail
-snitched
-saved by a white boy
-barely in the movie

Black Kylo:
-murderer
-angry
-can't control his rage
-pawn of the white man
-worships a dead white man
-subservient to Hux
-killed his daddy
-lost to a white girl

Black Rey
-slave
-parents abandoned her
-wasn't doing anything until that white boy Finn showed up and gave her purpose
-didn't know things Finn knew
-scared to carry a light saber
-natural athlete who picked up the force by instincts
-needs a white man to teach her how to use the force
-a black female lead emasculates/feminizes black boys who'll see the movie

These Tariq Nasheed types will find a good white supremacists angle in anything:lolbron:
Post of the fukking thread, can't get any better than this:whew:

Juven

All Star
Daps
disney skimped us out on that knights of ren back story :wow:. funny how everyone forgot

it wouldve been better if ren was a palpatine worshipper. Being han solos son felt fake as fukk. I bet you in episode 9 we find out reys father is actually kylo ren :wow:

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
Let's change which one of characters was black, keep the story the same, and see how the critique would change :jbhmm:

Black Poe:
-goes to jail
-snitched
-saved by a white boy
-barely in the movie

Black Kylo:
-murderer
-angry
-can't control his rage
-pawn of the white man
-worships a dead white man
-subservient to Hux
-killed his daddy
-lost to a white girl

Black Rey
-slave
-parents abandoned her
-wasn't doing anything until that white boy Finn showed up and gave her purpose
-didn't know things Finn knew
-scared to carry a light saber
-natural athlete who picked up the force by instincts
-needs a white man to teach her how to use the force
-a black female lead emasculates/feminizes black boys who'll see the movie

These Tariq Nasheed types will find a good white supremacists angle in anything:lolbron:

haven't logged in for a couple of months and resigned myself to lurking.

this post made me sign in just to dap breh.

a lot of conspiracy brothers acting like bytches over this non issue. acting like their about that black activism life, going against the Man brehs :lolbron:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
disney skimped us out on that knights of ren back story :wow:. funny how everyone forgot

it wouldve been better if ren was a palpatine worshipper. Being han solos son felt fake as fukk. I bet you in episode 9 we find out reys father is actually kylo ren :wow:
Yeah I wish we saw the knights of ren too.

Episode 8 gotta be like 3 hours :ohhh:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
If Starlord from guardians of the galaxy was black:

Fatherless
Given a mixtape by his mother
Stolen from earth and enslaved by white people
Collects artifacts and treasures for the white man
Gets his ass beat by a female (obvious feminist agenda)
Goes to jail and gets broken out by a c00n
Almost kills himself to save a feminist he just met
Has a dance off like he was Michael Jackson to defeat the villain

:martin:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

aint-no-one-like-me-gif.gif

tumblr_n5w5m0xmRj1sghsvio2_500.gif

:troll:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
If Starlord from guardians of the galaxy was black:

Fatherless
Given a mixtape by his mother
Stolen from earth and enslaved by white people
Collects artifacts and treasures for the white man
Gets his ass beat by a female (obvious feminist agenda)
Almost kills himself to save a feminist he just met
Has a dance off like he was Michael Jackson to defeat the villain

:martin:
Gets broken out by a c00n:deadmanny:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I don't see what's the big deal with people not liking Finn's character. If they don't, they don't and there are good reasons behind it.

If you happen to like it, that's cool, there are good reasons to like it. No need to shame someone else for a difference of opinion.
pretty much

but it looks like the last string of posts have been dedicated towards exaggeration to pretend like racist (subliminal or blatant) portrayals of black characters is non existent in modern day hollywood, so i'll let the stans have it (mind you some of these posters are white telling us how we should view black characters but :yeshrug: , ive posted in this thread too much already)

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Two seconds later he's about to get eaten by a tentacle monster...until Rey saves him AGAIN.

This movie....:snoop:

This is the worst representation of blacks in a LONG time. And it *just so happens* to be in one of the biggest movies of all time. This is about to take the US Domestic record....:dead:
First of all what about Rey not knowing about the monster and Finn explaining it ? And then releasing it by accident showing she's not as good with tech as she thought . You ignore everything else in the movie but what proves your point . Yoy ignore that Rey couldn't use a gun at first like she thought and got sonned by Kylo and captured. She tried the mind trick but didn't work at first and had a comedic moment . She got force thrown by Kylo at the end of movie and automatically knocked out resulting in Finn having to save her by fighting Kylo . She then fights a injured Kylo who could of killed her but was instead trying to recruit her .

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
:yeshrug:It's fine to disagree breh but it's just ridiculous to complain about the character when he drove the plot

What's even more ridiculous is if this was a white actor who got the role there would be no complaining

It is disgusting that somebody on here says that they wished a white man got the part and that bytchmade way of thinking gets consigned
i already explained hundreds of posts ago why there would be no complaining but it was probably dismissed as coli militantism or whatever so :yeshrug:

white characters have been portrayed in every way possible since cinema has begun, thats why there would be no complaining because it would be nothing new. the string of posts about "if this character were black" completely miss the point and basically excuse hollywood from any critical thought when it comes to black characters. im out though, its pointless to engage if yall are just going to exaggerate and completely dismiss opposing viewpoints

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't see what's the big deal with people not liking Finn's character. If they don't, they don't and there are good reasons behind it.

If you happen to like it, that's cool, there are good reasons to like it. No need to shame someone else for a difference of opinion.
Meh a lot of the good reasons to not like him are based off inaccurate stuff though