Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Black representation matters...and they fukkED UP here.

Of course TheColi is gonna talk about it.

None of these white, geek-centric outlets seem to care, so excuse us for wanting to discuss it a bit.
If only we would have just agreed with what they said :mjcry:

If only we just abandoned our viewpoint because they didn't like it :mjcry:

Yeah they can get out of here with that crying. I said the reaction was overblown but I could understand being upset and they wasn't even having that :mjlol:

They trying to get people to apologize for wanting a black lead that fits and follows the basic hero outline the other two were afforded.

One of the kickers was when one of them saying the racists were just trolling :dead:

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Just seen it, and it was my first Star Wars movie.......anyways, out of all the characters I felt as if Rey was the least interesting. The only thing that made her remotely interesting was the fact that she was female. If Rey had a dikk, her character would had been a snooze fest to me.

O and I don't care about the whole Fin thing....he was still imo the best character in the movie, with the most interesting story and intro

7/10.....still don't understand the star wars hype

Daps
Reppin
NYC
also, having women and minorities in the first order makes them less intimidating. didn't seem like quite the same oppressive regime.

everyone knows white men make the best oppressors. in the OT the empire was all white dudes. made sense. it was a stark contrast against the multi-cultural rebellion.

imagine in ANH tarkin orders to blow up alderaan but when we cut to the control room it's some cute chick pulling the lever.

not the same. needs to be a cac.

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
going for that love triangle angle :banderas:

yeah a time jump may be necessary , JJ did Rian no favors he really needed to make this 10-15 min longer. or maybe disney handcuffed him i dont know. Rian has a lot of explaining and background to give and depth to provide to the characters in addition to new things like luke, etc
Yea I think a low key love triangle works best. I know we throw around the 'simp' thing but, real rap, Finn bounced on her and he only came back to warn them about the FO. Prior to that, she was the one on some "You can't go, I wouldn't let you!" steez. So it'd be stupid to have him chase her to Luke's planet just to hug her for 2 seconds and bounce again. She ain't captured no more.

Plus, since what's done is done regarding ep 7 (faults and all), a small time jump where they both get re-purposed, Rey as a jedi in training and Finn as an experienced fighter/tactician who has to cope with being the new face of the resistance... that pretty much cleans up everything. A love triangle just spices up what otherwise would be an anti-climatic romance.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea I think a low key love triangle works best. I know we throw around the 'simp' thing but, real rap, Finn bounced on her and he only came back to warn them about the FO. Prior to that, she was the one on some "You can't go, I wouldn't let you!" steez. So it'd be stupid to have him chase her to Luke's planet just to hug her for 2 seconds and bounce again. She ain't captured no more.

Plus, what's done is done regarding ep 7. So a small time jump where they both get re-purposed, Rey as a jedi in training and Finn as an experienced fighter/tactician who has to cope with being the new face of the resistance... that pretty much cleans up everything. A love triangle just spices up what otherwise would be an anti-climatic romance.

there wont be a love story, jedi dont get no loving

CHL

Superstar
Daps
also, having women and minorities in the first order makes them less intimidating. didn't seem like quite the same oppressive regime.

everyone knows white men make the best oppressors. in the OT the empire was all white dudes. made sense. it was a stark contrast against the multi-cultural rebellion.

imagine in ANH tarkin orders to blow up alderaan but when we cut to the control room it's some cute chick pulling the lever.

not the same. needs to be a cac.
:mindblown: that makes no sense for the Star Wars universe. The discrimination is towards other aliens from certain humans (and from aliens to other aliens and aliens to humans), not within the human species.

The Rebellion wasn't diverse because they had humans :heh:, it was because they had humans and other species

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NYC
:mindblown: that makes no sense for the Star Wars universe. The discrimination is towards other aliens from certain humans (and from aliens to other aliens and aliens to humans), not within the human species.

The Rebellion wasn't diverse because they had humans :heh:, it was because they had humans and other species
what can I say, an organization that is made up exclusively of men (white men) is more terrifying and more comparable to that of an oppressive regime than one that has cute looking women all over the command station.

just having phasma be a female makes her far less intimidating.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
What is up with these people pushing the Finn/Poe relationship online as anything other than brotherly? I'm hoping it's just a Twitter/Tumblr thing. I understand that same sex couples don't have much representation in blockbusters so people online look for possible couples in movies but that's the last thing the character Finn needs for the next two sequels.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

2zog9hh.gif

Last edited:

y que

Banned
Daps
i saw a survey online showing finn was the 2nd favorite new character

thats pretty good considering he's not the star

all you black coli militants got some self-conscious/low self esteem problems you need to deal with

you want a token black jedi instead of a real character go watch mace windu in wack ass episode 1-3

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
What is up with these people pushing the Finn/Poe relationship online as anything other than brotherly? I'm hoping it's just a Twitter/Tumblr thing. I understand that same sex couples don't have much representation in blockbusters so people online look for possible couples in movies but that's the last thing the character Finn needs for the next two sequels.
Wishful thinking.

Too much Finn/Rey chemistry...so they'd prefer to latch on to a gay couple over a bm/wf couple....:yeshrug:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
i saw a survey online showing finn was the 2nd favorite new character

thats pretty good considering he's not the star

all you black coli militants got some self-conscious/low self esteem problems you need to deal with

you want a token black jedi instead of a real character go watch mace windu in wack ass episode 1-3

- Says random survey with no link
- Doesnt list who is number 1.
- Makes it seem like a Jedi can't be a real character
- Or is it a black Jedi cant be a real character
- Nah, lets just keep thinking there cant be a good black character thats powerful unless its in an awful movie.
:camby:

My issues were more so cause his character can be too cringeworthy at times and not as heroic as we were lead to believe/hoped. The tweets I posted (recently) sums up the ultimate disappointment for Finn not being a Jedi (as far as we know) :ehh:. Although that was addressed to teens, it made good points without being "militant"

Last edited: