Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Poe is most definitely the new Han. He's the ace, confident, charismatic super pilot who's role will be larger in the next one :martin:

Why did it have to be Finn's first battle?, why couldn't he have been an experienced, competent and Elite Stormtrooper? similar to how Poe was an experienced, competent and elite resistance fighter who could fly X-Wings and destroy bases. Come on son you can't be this dense :WHAT!:
How is a character who was originally written to die at the beginning of this film the "new Han"? Their personalities aren't alike at all can we stop these shytty comparisons

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
a decent quality cam is out now if you look on torrent sites, so if you're interested... it's out there.

i'm about to get lifted and watch this shyt again. now that the hype (and the fear that it might suck) has worn off... i'll probably be able to enjoy the movie more.

hoping i can come to terms with the story.

:scust: :scust:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
How is a character who was originally written to die at the beginning of this film the "new Han"? Their personalities aren't alike at all can we stop these shytty comparisons

I've already told you how he is, it's in the post you quoted, read-up. Was he killed off? nope, so all that coulda, woulda, shoulda business is irrelevant. He wasn't. Is he confirmed for the sequel? yep, will have a bigger role? of course he will.

Why wouldn't their be comparisons when the movie was nothing but a soft reboot of A New Hope with new faces and slight alterations :comeon:

I guess BB8 shouldn't be compared to R2D2 :mjlol:

Seeing how you didn't answer my question regarding Finn, I'm gonna re-up it and ask it again:sas1:

Why did it have to be Finn's first battle?, why couldn't he have been an experienced, competent and Elite Stormtrooper? similar to how Poe was an experienced, competent and elite resistance fighter who could fly X-Wings and destroy bases?

Some of you have no problem with Rey being Mary Sue, going as far to call her "great new character" but some of us suggesting that Finn should have been a boss or simply competent, it's suddenly :whoa: and becomes about "development" and "future movies"

CHL

Superstar
Daps
I've already told you how he is, it's in the post you quoted, read-up. Was he killed off? nope, so all that coulda, woulda, shoulda business is irrelevant. He wasn't. Is he confirmed for the sequel? yep, will have a bigger role? of course he will.

Why wouldn't their be comparisons when the movie was nothing but a soft reboot of A New Hope with new faces and slight alterations :comeon:

I guess BB8 shouldn't be compared to R2D2 :mjlol:

Seeing how you didn't answer my question regarding Finn, I'm gonna re-up it and ask it again:sas1:

Why did it have to be Finn's first battle?, why couldn't he have been an experienced, competent and Elite Stormtrooper? similar to how Poe was an experienced, competent and elite resistance fighter who could fly X-Wings and destroy bases?

Some of you have no problem with Rey being Mary Sue, going as far to call her "great new character" but some of us suggesting that Finn should have been a boss or simply competent, it's suddenly :whoa: and becomes about "development" and "future movies"
Because then Finn would have been a murderer of dozens, hundreds. That's the only alternative. Him being elite throughout training but having no combat experience is the ideal option.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@wire28 @Jazzy B. writing some of this stuff on IMDB :russ:

:francis: Why would Finn know how to fly anything when he's wearing white. Pilots wear black:
Hot-Toys-Force-Awakens-TIE-Pilot-001.jpg

He's not a mechanic

Daps
Reppin
NYC
after watching a second time:

- it's a cute, enjoyable flick that's far from terrible. dips in quality towards the end.

- rey really is too perfect.

- finn never gets his "man up" moment like you hoped he would. yea he proves to be brave and courageous but he still gets punked.

- poe is cool I guess but man he really is kinda cheesy isn't he? he's like rey, perfect in every way. and he's got a ridiculous 70s haircut. couldn't they make him look a lil more modern and hip? he looks like a man out of time. imagine if in 1977 han didn't have shaggy hair and sideburns and looked like a dude out of the 40's.

- once ren loses the mask and they take to the forest it looks like a twilight movie.

- at this point snoke is just wayyyy too generic

- the movie kind of absolves han and leia of blame when it comes to the way kylo turned out. kylo goes on briefly about how han wasn't the best father but in general han and leia don't seem nearly remorseful enough. "Oh well I guess our son is evil and there's nothing we could do".... huh???

- still unsure what luke represents in this movie. is it hope? at this point do we really need him? starkiller base was destroyed and the galaxy is no longer in any imminent danger... why must rey seek out luke? i guess personal fulfillment? that felt under explained to me.

- lightsabers calling out to their masters, yea... that's still weird.

enjoyed it more the second time around. not a first grade star wars movie but maybe the next movie will take more chances and truly elevate the franchise to the next level. most looking forward to how Luke fits into all this. really hoping his journey in the OT isn't undermined.

Last edited:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
At least 130 pages of this has been dedicated to this BS complaining about Finn, instead of an actual discussion of the plot of the movie and where it will go from here :why:
Black representation matters...and they fukkED UP here.

Of course TheColi is gonna talk about it.

None of these white, geek-centric outlets seem to care, so excuse us for wanting to discuss it a bit.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Black representation matters...and they fukkED UP here.

Of course TheColi is gonna talk about it.

None of these white, geek-centric outlets seem to care, so excuse us for wanting to discuss it a bit.
Of course. I just thought after 100 pages we could have agreed to disagree on Finn

Maybe 200

Last edited: