Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:jbhmm:im sure you'd say that depends on which depiction of bruce wayne
even nolans wayne in BB is different than TDKR.

some in here are actually more defensive about criticisms of finn than the people exploring ways the character could have been done differently
Oh I'm going off of comics breh. Nolan's movies didn't even hit me but yeah Bruce is kinda different from movie to movie. Clearly he's different at the end of batman begins than the beginning but that's a given.

I think they're just defensive because they love the movie as is their right and all that jazz. It's the same way you get about marvel when you go back and forth with the homie @Prodigal Syndicate so what's good for the goose is good for the gander right?

Daps
Reppin
NYC
a decent quality cam is out now if you look on torrent sites, so if you're interested... it's out there.

i'm about to get lifted and watch this shyt again. now that the hype (and the fear that it might suck) has worn off... i'll probably be able to enjoy the movie more.

hoping i can come to terms with the story.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Oh I'm going off of comics breh. Nolan's movies didn't even hit me but yeah Bruce is kinda different from movie to movie. Clearly he's different at the end of batman begins than the beginning but that's a given.

I think they're just defensive because they love the movie as is their right and all that jazz. It's the same way you get about marvel when you go back and forth with the homie @Prodigal Syndicate so what's good for the goose is good for the gander right?
but its recognized by all (except for @Ed MOTHERfukkING G :troll: ) that for the most part im having fun with it :sas2:

hell i'll try to leave it alone tho,

tumblr_nkc5o2is4e1ro4oajo1_500.gif

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There still hasn't been one solid reason as to why Finn couldn't have been an ace, a boss, and the best in his field like Poe was from the jump? :mjlol:

It can't work with Finn/Boyega yadi yadi yada :whoa: bu-bu-bu it can work with Poe, Rey, Han and even the droid, FOH :mjlol:

If he's an ace from jump it limits his development. Where does Poe's storyline go? He'll be a badass pilot that continues to be a badass pilot. There's no journey with him because he's already arrived. Once again you clearly missed the age difference between Poe and Finn. If Poe's character was his age he wouldn't be an ace.

Finn's character can go in any number of directions which is what makes him the most interesting.

We all agree that Rey is overpowered. There's still an obvious set up that she's going to struggle and take some L's next movie. They set her up to knock her down.

they didnt have to show that :martin:thats what dialogue is for (like an extra ten minutes beforehand saying how good he is or training or whatever [or i guess thats what the novel is for huh :troll: ] ) is for and killing the crowd of people after they captured poe and got what they came for could have been the last straw

edit: actually just five minutes before hand of phasma talking to him about the upcoming mission, just mentioning how good he is already handles the "supreme training" part and their faith in him and sets you up from then on out for the whole betrayal angle

That's what I wanted too and I hope it's on the director's cut. Phasma is getting a bigger role next time so they'll probably go into her relationship to Finn. They could have had her mention his status when she was checking him for taking his helmet off. "You're are best cadet. You should know the rules." Done.

They dropped hints at him being better than he appeared. He got resourceful and showed leadership a couple of times.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

CHL

Superstar
Daps
@wire28 TFA was perfect and Finn was perfect :troll: that's what we've been saying all along :troll: all praise Disney :troll: we haven't given a rebuttal to anything you've said because Finn and Disney is greatness :troll: you so right :troll:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
We all agree that Rey is overpowered. There's still an obvious set up that she's going to struggle and take some L's next movie. They set her up to knock her down.

That's what I wanted too and I hope it's on the director's cut. Phasma is getting a bigger role next time so they'll probably go into her relationship to Finn. They could have had her mention his status when she was checking him for taking his helmet off. "You're are best cadet. You should know the rules." Done.

They dropped hints at him being better than he appeared. He got resourceful and showed leadership a couple of times.
@ the bold, you know what they say about assuming :sas2: as with finn, i wont give them the benefit of the doubt. i'll wait to actually see it with my own eyes:dame:

lol yeah even that. two lines and boom you explain his status without having to read the novels. they dropped the ball several times in several areas, but lemme stop tho before the stan boys get at me:sas2:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
@wire28 TFA was perfect and Finn was perfect :troll: that's what we've been saying all along :troll: all praise Disney :troll: we haven't given a rebuttal to anything you've said because Finn and Disney is greatness :troll: you so right :troll:
thats all i wanted to hear :mjcry:

the stan, its calling to you, just let it in :mjcry:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
There's also that. He was the lead of the resistance pilots so he should have a bit more gravitas
Also, Poe was originally supposed to die in VII....his character had to be essentially fully developed already...Finn is the co-lead, his character is going to have massive changes throughout the trilogy