Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Its better than the alternative.

On my first combat battle I freeze up. I kidnap a pilot for my own selfish reasons (not to join the resistance), but for my own escape I have no problem killing Storm Troopers. No build up, no nothing.

Just he randomly freezes up, kidnaps a pilot, and kills people in the process anyway. IMHO. Poor writing.
Huh? Who did Finn kill that wasn't a stormtrooper?

Going to have to agree to disagree. Your proposed Finn sounds infinitely worse.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It's solid movie. I never denied that. We are discussing how the movie could be better, am I correct? :jbhmm:

I don't think that would make it better for real. I think having a character, white , black, orange whatever, who gets his first taste of something he's been taught to do and bred to do since birth and basically a puppet, decide on his own to say fukk that and realize he's not with that life makes for a much stronger character and arc.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
You're saying you wanted Finn to be a murderer and pawn of the First Order who magically decided after hundreds of bodies he had enough? How the fukk would that have made him a better character?
i guess nothing would have made him a better character because you and a couple of others have literally found not one thing wrong with him in a couple thousand posts

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i guess nothing would have made him a better character because you and a couple of others have literally found not one thing wrong with him in a couple thousand posts

He's not a perfect character. Lawrence Kasdan said last week that none of the characters are fully formed and that they're growing into who they will be. In fact he said the only characters who should probably be fully formed are your bad guys because by nature they're resistant to change

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Explained why storm troopers aren't clones anymore. They've been clones since the original trilogy

@ORDER_66 actually breh I do have something for you: I doubt it's him because the way I read it, that's sidious' master and the way the sith roll is that the pupil kills the teacher so I always felt sidious killed him
I mean was it explicitly stated they were clones in the OG trilogy? I think Kylo said something about enlisted troopers not being ass effective as clone troopers.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
I don't think that would make it better for real. I think having a character, white , black, orange whatever, who gets his first taste of something he's been taught to do and bred to do since birth and basically a puppet, decide on his own to say fukk that and realize he's not with that life makes for a much stronger character and arc.
I thought they were complaining he wasn't a Jedi and wasn't "strong" lol. The fact that he resisted this and refused to go along with the FO is really impressive.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
He wasn't a sanitation worker, idiots lol. He was assigned that duty at the base. Everyone is assigned a duty in the military. Some scrub toilets and clean shyt. It's been stated several times in here but y'all want to continue your stupid ass narrative :mjlol:

Exactly. My dad worked in the motor pool in the military. He was also a soldier. No one looked at him funny because he turned wrenches

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Ordinarily I'd agree with you but they're using the novels to supplement along with everything else. There's a reason they wiped the extended universe shyt from canon. The novels explain more of the politics from what I can gather along with backstory. I'm not saying it's good filmmaking because fukk it ain't lol but that's what they're doing in this whole new Star Wars experiment Disney is doing
thats dumb as fukk then because 10% of the people seeing the movie are actually going to read the novels. so they are just going to leave out little tidbits like the guy who doesnt want to fight having "supreme training" and assume people are going to read the novel?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I thought they were complaining he wasn't a Jedi and wasn't "strong" lol. The fact that he resisted this and refused to go along with the FO is really impressive.

I mean he's a strong character. Risking it all,
going in guns blazing and learning to overcome his fear and breeding in order to attack starkiller base? What about that isn't strong?