Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
:stopitslime:Why would an ace be shook? If he's the best pilot in the resistance that means he has combat experience and survived countless battles.

:stopitslime:Han? Are you new to Star Wars? He's been a smuggler, dealt with cutthroat criminals, been in countless battles, caught bodies, fought the Empire, etc.

:stopitslime:Finn had 1 real combat mission. Rey didn't cross the First Order he did. When he saved Poe his plan was to get far away where they couldn't find him. Poe took him back to Jakku which means they'd be after him in a minute. Why the hell would he not be scared? He's alone vs an army with a physco jedi. He was grabbing her hand to pull her outta there and she didn't understand the danger they were in. shyt didn't get real for her until she tried to open the box and got scared of the visions.

Context...

Why couldn't both Poe and Finn be aces and the best in their respective fields (Pilot and Soldier) from the jump? :jbhmm:

Why couldn't Finn have been an elite and highly competent stormtrooper who has a name like "Phasma" who decides to say "fukk it, I'm done" and gets hunted by his former handlers on some Jason Bourne shyt before meeting up with the heroes, changing his path and becoming one? :jbhmm:

This is how you described Poe, a new character: "the best pilot in the resistance that means he has combat experience and survived countless battles" , "the best pilot in the resistance" and you're still not seeing the contrast and mess-up with the Finn character? :jbhmm:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
The Force Ghost Of Anakin Skywalker Was Proposed To Be In The Force Awakens!
I recently picked up the Art Of Star Wars The Force Awakens book, and in it concept artist Iain Mccaig explains how he proposed the idea of having the Force Ghost of Anakin Skywalker appear in Episode VII! I think that this idea may still be forming and we may actually see this come true in Episode 8. Rumors have been circulating over the last few months that the stunt team that worked on Force Awakens is also training Hayden Christensen who portrayed Anakin Skywalker in the prequels. I have taken some screenshots of the Anakin ghost pages from the book, check them out:

HAYDEN-1.jpg

This quote is very interesting to me as i believe it is insinuating that Luke communs with the force ghost of Anakin. I think he actually did in the time he spent on that island before Rey finds him, it would make sense.

HAYDEN-2.jpg

Now this is the more interesting information on the concept of Anakin’s force ghost. It seems as if when Anakin died, he did not fully go completely light in the force. They explain how Anakin would flow back and forth between both Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader. I am speculating that in Episode 8, we will see Anakin talking to Kylo Ren as Darth Vader, and talking to Rey as Anakin Skywalker. This concept is to good not to use. I am sure in the coming months we will find out if Hayden truly has been cast in Episode VIII, but until that time, speculate away! You can pick up the book on Amazon.Com or wherever books are so
ld!

This could be dope :banderas:

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Why couldn't both Poe and Finn be aces and the best in their respective fields (Pilot and Soldier) from the jump? :jbhmm:

Why couldn't Finn have been an elite and highly competent stormtrooper who has a name like "Phasma" who decides to say "fukk it, I'm done" and gets hunted by his former handlers on some Jason Bourne shyt before meeting up with the heroes, changing his path and becoming one? :jbhmm:

This is how you described Poe, a new character: "the best pilot in the resistance that means he has combat experience and survived countless battles" , "the best pilot in the resistance" and you're still not seeing the contrast and mess-up with the Finn character? :jbhmm:
i mean thats actually how he is in the novels (which are canon! :troll: ) according to our old friend @Darth Humanist , but it appears his character was changed to a jokester sanitation worker :jbhmm: with no mention or alluding to his "supreme training"

there are several ways where they could have improved his character. aside from the pump fake with the marketing i dont understand the purpose of him being put into a coma at the end of the film when as one of the three heroes it would make sense for him to complete the portion of his character arc like the other two and stand up to ren and actually be awake to see his accomplishments...

but we just gotta wait for episode 8! :troll:

edit: that would be a cold storyline by itself though :wow: i'll have to tell the higher ups at disney to make a spin off movie like that

This would be dope :banderas:
:wow: Rian got a lot to play with

even though its apparently already been written according to a guy earlier in this thread

Last edited:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
The clone thing is another thing that confused me, I remember reading somewhere Abrams said they weren't acknowledging the prequels but then Kylo said something bout Clone troopers halfway through the movie and I'm just like :dwillhuh:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

I've been saying that...

Why couldn't Finn be one of the elite Storm Troopers. Someone that Captain Phasma (wasted character) had grown to respect and thought was one of her best soldiers....ends up flipping on her and the First Order. He actually got his hands dirty and was good at it. But ultimately got tired of slaughtering people and wanted to run. (Like what happens in war everyday)

Him dealing with Ren at the end would have been complex and layered. One is in the dark, but fighting the light. The other who has been "bad", but accepting the light and goodness.

So even if he takes an L to Kylo you can buy it that his true turnaround was earned.

Not just a guy who was too shook to kill on his first battle, but kills immediately as a way to escape. Suspect writing.

Oh well..:manny:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I aint say yall couldn't, I'm sayin I don't see why yall goin out of your way to hate on dude who's obviously gonna be one of the heroes of what's arguably one of the biggest franchises in the world right now.
i actually wasnt even hating on him like that. he's my favorite character of the new ones and was the best acted. ive stated numerous times he has the most room for growth. actually my only role in this whole spat was that i understood why people would be mad about finn, considering the pump fake and hollywoods history with black characters. but posters wasnt even willing to say they could agree to disagree and understand why some would be mad and that led to this whole argument. in defending finn to deny the other sides point of view they've basically stated that as written he has no flaws

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
shyt aint changed huh? :heh:

That anti-negro Force is still strong eh?

T-Dawg had it... :scusthov:

Tyresse had it... :flabbynsick:

Morgan has it... :shaq2:

and you'll have it to fukking with that show:francis:

T-Dawg = If TWD had a Madden like Rating for awareness. His would be 25.
Walker just sneaks up behind him and bites his neck from 15 yards away :snoop:

Tyreese = A TV version of Memphis Bleek's Album. So disappointing

Morgan = The biggest drop off in writing of a character in TV history.

Last edited:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
I've been saying that...

Why couldn't Finn be one of the elite Storm Troopers. Someone that Captain Phasma (wasted character) had grown to respect and thought was one of her best soldiers....ends up flipping on her and the First Order. He actually got his hands dirty and was good at it. But ultimately got tired of slaughtering people and wanted to run. (Like what happens in war everyday)

Him dealing with Ren at the end would have been complex and layered. One is in the dark, but fighting the light. The other who has been "bad", but accepting the light and goodness.

So even if he takes an L to Kylo you can buy it that his true turnaround was earned.

Not just a guy who was too shook to kill on his first battle, but kills immediately as a way to escape. Suspect writing.

Finn was an elite trooper, he just didn't have combat experience.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
i actually wasnt even hating on him like that. he's my favorite character of the new ones and was the best acted. ive stated numerous times he has the most room for growth. actually my only role in this whole spat was that i understood why people would be mad about finn, considering the pump fake and hollywoods history with black characters. but posters wasnt even willing to say they could agree to disagree and understand why some would be mad and that led to this whole argument. in defending finn to deny the other sides point of view they've basically stated that as written he has no flaws

He's not a bad character. He's an average character, brought to life by a really good actor, who we got pump faked on into believing was the lead. That about sums it up :yeshrug:

@Groot has offered the best explanation of this as anybody. :manny:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Fair enough. I just don't see the quote unquote propaganda and conspiracy against black males in this movie.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
unless it is revealed in episode 8 or 9 that he was elite, he was a sanitation worker.

you cant use the novels to fill in plot details like that

I've been saying that...

dammit why didnt they hire you to help write the script :wow:

the scene with phasma telling him to put his helmet back on and report to the principles office would have definitely had more impact. this all could have been done 10 minutes before they landed on jakku

@Dr. Narcisse help us, you're our only hope *general leia voice*

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

You're not elite at anything if you don't have experience. Thats what I was getting at. Well unless you're Rey of course.

I wanted a Finn that combat experienced.

And Finn got worked in that fight with the Storm Trooper.