Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
@wire28

Regarding what we talked about earlier, I do hope that ep8 has a time jump in which Rey was training with Anakin and Finn was using his lifelong Intel about the enemy to lead the resistance on guerrilla warfare missions with Poe. So Rey becomes adept at the force, Finn grows into an elite fighter and tactician, and Kylo recuperates and becomes adept with the darkside. Then all their paths inevitably cross by happenstance in the 2nd half of the movie. I'm all for the Finn/Rey romance but i'd prefer they be kept apart/preoccupied with their own callings. I'd have the new girl they're lookin to cast lowkey simp him actually, but with his simp-ties still strong for Rey.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
unless it is revealed in episode 8 or 9 that he was elite, he was a sanitation worker.

you cant use the novels to fill in plot details like that
Uh yes, you can. It's literally the novelisation of the movie.

Even IN the movie, he's occupation was not "sanitation worker". He said WHEN he was stationed at Starkiller base, he was also a sanitation worker, as many troops would have been. He was no longer stationed at Starkiller base at the start of the movie, so to call him that is extremely disingenuous.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
You're not elite at anything if you don't have experience. Thats what I was getting at. Well unless you're Rey of course.

I wanted a Finn that combat experienced.

And Finn got worked in that fight with the Storm Trooper.
What do you describe being ranked at the very top all throughout training and combat simulations?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The clone thing is another thing that confused me, I remember reading somewhere Abrams said they weren't acknowledging the prequels but then Kylo said something bout Clone troopers halfway through the movie and I'm just like :dwillhuh:

Explained why storm troopers aren't clones anymore. They've been clones since the original trilogy

@ORDER_66 actually breh I do have something for you: I doubt it's him because the way I read it, that's sidious' master and the way the sith roll is that the pupil kills the teacher so I always felt sidious killed him

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You're not elite at anything if you don't have experience. Thats what I was getting at. Well unless you're Rey of course.

I wanted a Finn that combat experienced.

And Finn got worked in that fight with the Storm Trooper.

I got a question for you homie, and it's no diss or coli shade being thrown lol. Does it make or break the flick for you either way?

CHL

Superstar
Daps
unless it is revealed in episode 8 or 9 that he was elite, he was a sanitation worker.

dammit why didnt they hire you to help write the script :wow:

the scene with phasma telling him to put his helmet back on and report to the principles office would have definitely had more impact. this all could have been done 10 minutes before they landed on jakku

@Dr. Narcisse help us, you're our only hope *general leia voice*
You're saying you wanted Finn to be a murderer and pawn of the First Order who magically decided after hundreds of bodies he had enough? How the fukk would that have made him a better character?

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

dammit why didnt they hire you to help write the script :wow:

the scene with phasma telling him to put his helmet back on and report to the principles office would have definitely had more impact. this all could have been done 10 minutes before they landed on jakku

@Dr. Narcisse help us, you're our only hope *general leia voice*

Exactly. And it sets up the confrontation between Finn and Phasma in the next episode(s).

Were they afraid people couldn't buy a bad guy turning good? Or at least a black guy that was bad turning good :heh:

If he's supposed to be the new Han Solo. Let him have some dirt on his hands before he becomes a good guy.
What do you describe being ranked at the very top all throughout training and combat simulations?

:camby:Simulations

C'mon. Just admit that decided to go the safe green soldier route that freezed up on his first battle cause they didn't want him being known as bad at any point.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You're saying you wanted Finn to be a murderer and pawn of the First Order who magically decided after hundreds of bodies he had enough? How the fukk would that have made him a better character?

Yeah it works better if he's a guy who gets his first taste of battle or second and just can't do it. Seems like it was his first. And he just doesn't want to be bothered with it. The fact that his conscience and morality was strong enough to overcome their indoctornizarion says a lot about his character

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
those possible characterizations of finn from @Jazzy B. and @Dr. Narcisse :banderas: just ten minutes brehs thats all we would have needed for that :mjcry:

@wire28

Regarding what we talked about earlier, I do hope that ep8 has a time jump in which Rey was training with Anakin and Finn was using his lifelong Intel about the enemy to lead the resistance on guerrilla warfare missions with Poe. So Rey becomes adept at the force, Finn grows into an elite fighter and tactician, and Kylo recuperates and becomes adept with the darkside. Then all their paths inevitably cross by happenstance in the 2nd half of the movie. I'm all for the Finn/Rey romance but i'd prefer they be kept apart/preoccupied with their own callings. I'd have the new girl they're lookin to cast lowkey simp him actually, but with his simp-ties still strong for Rey.

going for that love triangle angle :banderas:

yeah a time jump may be necessary , JJ did Rian no favors he really needed to make this 10-15 min longer. or maybe disney handcuffed him i dont know. Rian has a lot of explaining and background to give and depth to provide to the characters in addition to new things like luke, etc

Uh yes, you can. It's literally the novelisation of the movie.

Even IN the movie, he's occupation was not "sanitation worker". He said WHEN he was stationed at Starkiller base, he was also a sanitation worker, as many troops would have been. He was no longer stationed at Starkiller base at the start of the movie, so to call him that is extremely disingenuous.

lol no you cant. in the movie you went in, five other people probably read or will read the novel. when you write a script you arent depending on people reading additional material. unless JJ stated somewhere that was supposed to be the case, the movie is supposed to tell you what you need to know about the character.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Exactly. And it sets up the confrontation between Finn and Phasma in the next episode(s).

Were they afraid people couldn't buy a bad guy turning good? Or at least a black guy that was bad turning good :heh:

If he's supposed to be the new Han Solo. Let him have some dirt on his hands before he becomes a good guy.

:camby:Simulations

C'mon. Just admit that decided to go the safe green soldier route that freezed up on his first battle cause they didn't want him being known as bad at any point.

Poe is probably more the new Han than Finn breh the more I think about the movie

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Its better than the alternative.

On my first combat battle I freeze up. I kidnap a pilot for my own selfish reasons (not to join the resistance), but for my own escape I have no problem killing Storm Troopers. No build up, no nothing.

Just he randomly freezes up, kidnaps a pilot, and kills people in the process anyway. IMHO. Poor writing.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Yeah it works better if he's a guy who gets his first taste of battle or second and just can't do it. Seems like it was his first. And he just doesn't want to be bothered with it. The fact that his conscience and morality was strong enough to overcome their indoctornizarion says a lot about his character
Exactly, not too mention part of the evidence that he is force sensitive

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
those possible characterizations of finn from @Jazzy B. and @Dr. Narcisse :banderas: just ten minutes brehs thats all we would have needed for that :mjcry:

going for that love triangle angle :banderas:

yeah a time jump may be necessary , JJ did Rian no favors he really needed to make this 10-15 min longer. or maybe disney handcuffed him i dont know. Rian has a lot of explaining and background to give and depth to provide to the characters in addition to new things like luke, etc

lol no you cant. in the movie you went in, five other people probably read or will read the novel. when you write a script you arent depending on people reading additional material. unless JJ stated somewhere that was supposed to be the case, the movie is supposed to tell you what you need to know about the character.

Ordinarily I'd agree with you but they're using the novels to supplement along with everything else. There's a reason they wiped the extended universe shyt from canon. The novels explain more of the politics from what I can gather along with backstory. I'm not saying it's good filmmaking because fukk it ain't lol but that's what they're doing in this whole new Star Wars experiment Disney is doing