Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

CHL

Superstar
Daps
The first two on your list.:camby: Now your taking it to far.

The third Wasn't that serous in terms of ass whooping and that was also Rey fault it happen.:beli:

I'll give you the forth one.:ehh:

The fifth one I don't count ass saving from Rey. And he went up wasn't Ren (who has been trained by Luke and the dark side) with no training with a light saber and held his own.
If Finn hadn't fought off Kylo Ren initially Rey would be dead.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
:dahell: He just crossed the biggest gangsters in the galaxy. They destroy planets and he's not supposed to be shook?

Is there any sense of context here?

Was Poe shook?:jbhmm:, was Rey the Scavenger shook?:jbhmm:, was Han shook?:jbhmm:, the little droid?:jbhmm:, heck even Lupita's alien wasn't:jbhmm:.

Finn was nothing but an intergalactic space bytch with ultra simp tendencies.

Got carried off like one at the end to :scust:

This the character you're repping when he could have been Space Jason Bourne with that backstory?

Last edited:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Look everyone entitled to feel what they want about Finn. Me personally I still stand by my statement that Finn is the most fleshed out character and had the best arc. The man started out basically a low level solider to fighting the Boss of the First Order. Finn being in a coma is basically playing off Han being in Carbonite (Basically a coma) in "Empire", I also see shades of Neo in "Matrix Reloaed". Meaning basically the Force will probably wake him up. Just because Finn didn't move anything with his mind doesn't mean he didn't have the Force. They didn't fill in all the blanks for all the characters purposefully because this is a Trilogy not one movie. Also if you notice throughout the film Finn is wearing "Black" which plays off the fact he was darkside. By the last scene he is in full white on the table which I believe symbolises him accepting the lightside of the force. I find it funny people are acting like "Why wasn't he a Jedi"?.

Luke was not a Jedi "Hope" or "Empire" It wasn't until "Return of the Jedi", the 3rd film in the franchise. Anakin was not a Jedi in "Episode I" until 10 years later in "Episode II" and even then he was still clearly trainning. Even in this film, Rey is nowhere NEAR a Jedi. This isn't the prequels where there are 1,000's of Jedi and a Jedi Temple to train people. There is litterally 1 Jedi in the damn galaxy and most of his students turned evil including his nephew before we even know who Rey and Finn are. Nobody gets to be a Jedi off the bat, it's always been a process that takes tranning. How is Rey or Finn suppose to be "Jedi" in this movie when Luke doesn't show up until the last scene? Luke is the last Jedi. He trainned Kylo before Snoke got to him. Who teaches them to understand their force abilities? This movie was about Rey and Finn awakening to the Force. It was about their potential and raw talent. They obviously will have to be trainned in the next films. In the Prequels it was the Jedi in their prime so that's not even a comparison.

They set up Finn's arc well for 8 and 9. Also why are people saying, "Why is he sweating". He was on a desert planet with 3 Suns wearing all black and stormtrooper gear after just surviving a damn plane crash. So he was suppose to come out that looking fresh like he got out the shower, lol. The bottom line is this, When it came down to it, Finn the "Stormtrooper" with Anakin Saber took on Anakin's Grandson while trying to protect Anakin's Granddaughter. The force was definitely with him. This is about the Skywalker Grandchildern. It seems people want this to not be a Skywalker story. If you think someone without Skywalker Blood would be the focal point than you didn't watch 1-6. Even then Finn character is flehsed out far more than Poe and even Rey. All the new characters have questions with their backgrounds, obviously to be answered in the sequels. It is and will always be about the Skywalkers period when we are dealing with the "Episodes" of the Saga. Finn was basically welcomed into the Skywalker family in this Episode.

7-crucial-clues-you-may-have-missed-in-the-star-wars-force-awakens-trailer-3-finn-and-k-675812.gif
REP :salute:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
and what yall are missing is that they all redeemed themselves at the end :upsetfavre:

None of those characters were joke characters. None of those characters were wide-eyed, deer in the headlights characters running behind women. Scared in evey situation. I mean come on. He was emascualated big time. He couldve been replaced by Jar Jar and the same thing wouldve happened. Aint no soldier was gonna act like that like Finn did.
Oh so this is what you actually had an issue with :sas2:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Boyega's had that look (from the pic) in everything he's been but this film:jbhmm:. A decision was clearly made in regards to his appearance for this movie. The same with the highlighted mannerisms which once again I've never seen him do in any of his films or tv shows/appearances until this film:jbhmm:.

You gonna keep playing stupid? :stopitslime:
What other films have you seen him in?

Daps
:martin: We gnna act like that boy Finn didn't slice that boy Ren up tho(i think he hit his shoulder). Finn's no jedi training,Sanititaion worker ass weakened that boy some more.

If you think about Chewie and Finn knocked Ren's HP down like halfway anyway. Rey was fighting a wounded man.

If they are bold enough (prolly not) ... they would have Kylo never redeem because he is trying to hard to be his granddaddy ... and actually have Rey turn to the dark side (she ends up more powerful than Ben Solo/Ren)

Leaving Finn to be trained by Luke to be that dude (so Rey will be the one who needs to be redeemed, Ren goes all the way to the deep end)

:manny:

I liked Finn in this movie tho, theres flaws in the overall story but his character is the most layered imo (except the part where we just have to assume the force is why he broke out of his stormtrooper programming and became "good")

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was Poe the ace pilot shook?, was Rey the Scavenger shook?, was Han shook?

:stopitslime:Why would an ace be shook? If he's the best pilot in the resistance that means he has combat experience and survived countless battles.

:stopitslime:Han? Are you new to Star Wars? He's been a smuggler, dealt with cutthroat criminals, been in countless battles, caught bodies, fought the Empire, etc.

:stopitslime:Finn had 1 real combat mission. Rey didn't cross the First Order he did. When he saved Poe his plan was to get far away where they couldn't find him. Poe took him back to Jakku which means they'd be after him in a minute. Why the hell would he not be scared? He's alone vs an army with a physco jedi. He was grabbing her hand to pull her outta there and she didn't understand the danger they were in. shyt didn't get real for her until she tried to open the box and got scared of the visions.

Context...