Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Notice how Boyega didn't have that look in the film along with the confidence and masculinity of his character in Attack The Block :mjpls:

:dahell: He just crossed the biggest gangsters in the galaxy. They destroy planets and he's not supposed to be shook?

Is there any sense of context here?

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
I have a theory on people who still believe Finn might be force sensitive.

When R2-D2 was back online we assumed it was because of Rey since she first arrived at the base.(it never was confirm why that happen).

But what if the real reason is because of Finn, he might have unlocked his force while his in coma.

Maybe that's why R2-D2 woke up and also why Luke didn't look pleased to see Rey.

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
Of course you are not wrong to be worried about black panther. The obvious difference is that black panthers African/Blackness is very inmportant to the character whereas with Finn it isn't.

Also as for the marketing

1. Imo that is not a good enough reason to shyt on the character. shyt on Disney for that if you want

2. Finn may very well end up being a Jedi.
Every forum I've been to has shown multiple examples of Finn's potential force sensitivity
Link to those?:ohhh:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Did you read much of the Fate Of The Jedi series? I read all of LOTF but stopped nearly halfway through FOTJ. This was when I was like 13 LOL. I caught up with the rest on wookieepedia though.

What do you think of the link between Jacen Solo/ Darth Caedus and Ben Solo/Kylo Ren?

i got up to the part in Fate of the Jedi series where Tahiri Veila was in prison on Coruscant and the Jedi were trying to break her out.

I thought for sure at one point that Kylo Ren was Jason once it was revealed that he was Han and Leia's son.
I was hoping that Jaina would be in the film too. as for the name Ben...i just found it interesting that in the books it's the name of Luke's son.

Ren is nowhere near as powerful Darth Caedus. Caedus studied and mastered many aspects of the Force, not just the Light and Dark Side.
Caedus did not view the Force as Dark and Light but rather as a rainbow and immersed himself in the many schools of thought regarding the Force.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Question for you? What if Disney makes BP into the badass that we all want but the movie tanks because white viewers don't want to see that? Then as a reaction Disney decides to reverse course on more diverse leads? What would you say to that? Keep in mind, they do have shareholders...

Then too bad for those white viewers then. They will miss out on potentially a great film.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Of course you are not wrong to be worried about black panther. The obvious difference is that black panthers African/Blackness is very inmportant to the character whereas with Finn it isn't.

Not only that, the strong majority of T'Challa's supporting cast is black. This will be, for all intents and purposes, a "black movie." Will be very interesting how Marvel approaches it. Hoping Coogler directs it and that marvel gives him some breathing room.

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
Then too bad for those white viewers then. They will miss out on potentially a great film.
And we won't get a sequel or more Black heroes in their comic universe. :francis: Others would look at the commercial failure and use it as a justification not to make films with strong black leads. shyt gets deeper than "Too bad hahahaha, take this L."

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
And we won't get a sequel or more Black heroes in their comic universe. :francis: Others would look at the commercial failure and use it as a justification not to make films with strong black leads. shyt gets deeper than "Too bad hahahaha, take this L."

On some real shyt, I wouldn't give a fukk (about the situation, no disrespect to you).

I much rather have the best BP movie and let the chips fall were they may rather than some compromised bs just to appease to viewers who ultimately don't give a fukk about BP and his world and/or have a problem with black people doing big things (and winning while doing it) for a change.

And I'm very confident it will outdo Ant-Man at the least.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
i got up to the part in Fate of the Jedi series where Tahiri Veila was in prison on Coruscant and the Jedi were trying to break her out.

I thought for sure at one point that Kylo Ren was Jason once it was revealed that he was Han and Leia's son.
I was hoping that Jaina would be in the film too. as for the name Ben...i just found it interesting that in the books it's the name of Luke's son.

Ren is nowhere near as powerful Darth Caedus. Caedus studied and mastered many aspects of the Force, not just the Light and Dark Side.
Caedus did not view the Force as Dark and Light but rather as a rainbow and immersed himself in the many schools of thought regarding the Force.

Is this the EU books or some of the new one they just put out?!?!? :patrice:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Im thinking like what was the purpose of his character in the first place?? What does he bring to the table other then intel from the enemy? He has no skillset except for handling a blaster. Nothing mechanical, no pilot skills, nothing out of the ordinary, no extradordinary background, and no possibly no family ties to the other characters.
lol you're a moron.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Because he wasn't his character from Attack The Black :mjlol:

Boyega's had that look (from the pic) in everything he's been but this film:jbhmm:. A decision was clearly made in regards to his appearance for this movie. The same with the highlighted mannerisms which once again I've never seen him do in any of his films or tv shows/appearances until this film:jbhmm:.

You gonna keep playing stupid? :stopitslime: