Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
finn was able to land a blow on an already injured trainee

Tiger-Woods-fistpump-slow-motion.gif

and then was able to cop a new wardrobe and get some quality sleep after an exhausting adventure trying to save Rey who in actuality didnt need him

we did it :blessed:

2/3rds of the heroes of this story were able to reach some sort of milestone in their character arc in the first film of a trilogy

i'll just be patient and wait on the last guy, hopefully he wakes up soon, rey needs him :troll:

:snoop: so now we dismissing racism as trolling

come on they just trolling obama yall :camby: fukkin coli militants :camby:

they really jumpin through hoops on this one

he got his ass whooped on purpose :damn:

the hero always is unconscious at the end! :mindblown: didnt yall see star trek or jason borune, etc! :mindblown:
Continue to omit things brehs:manny:

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
Finn was C 3po.. You have got to be fukking kidding me:francis:

FINN....WAS......C...3...P...0. Not as annoying as Jar Jar Binks,not as useful as R2-D2

When anakin left with qui-gon to go train he pretty much told C-3PO "peace out,I'm off to be great, im sure we'll meet again someday friend."
When Rey left to go train with luke she pretty much told black C-3PO "peace out,I'm off to be great,im sure we'll meet again someday friend."

:francis: But im sure you read where i said dude has the potential to be the best new character even though he stumbled out the gate. Dude just has to wake up out that coma with some type of motivation to be greater than he is but this is where he stands now

Dude was a plot device that was being billed as a jedi in the marketing.
Dude had no tangible skills except the ability to habitually lie even though he was an ex-stormtrooper. HE'S THE ONLY PERSON IN THE GALAXY WITHOUT ONE TANGIBLE SKILL. Even C-3PO can translate
Dude sold himself into slavery on a ship because he was scared of the first order who he knew better than anyone then creates a a huge lie to get on team to go to the base even though he didn't need to. Turns into Kevin Hart on a life or death mission.Gets regulated to chewbaccas sidekick.
Does all this to save a white woman who didn't need saving who ends up saving him

Star Wars has always been about people finding their destiny, if you take what finns character did in this movie then you would think that his destiny was just helping white people get to their destiny. He had to save Poe and Rey so they could meet and have babies while finn smiles in the background like the asexual token black guy. He had to get Han to the starkiller base so Ren could become a stronger sith. Dude spent the movie as a plot device pedestal for the white heroes to reach their destiny.He only wanted to do two things in this movie, run and save the white girl he was about to leave forever before the attack. He got no victories. Every time he was about to get one he'd fumble on the 1-yard line. This guy who isn't good at anything all of sudden goes toe to toe with ex jedi turned sith but goes down when Rey is back. Dude fought a guy who could kill him in 8 different ways to a standstill but he's not special or force sensitive? Then he's a plot device. That was his George McFly curling up his fist and punching Biff moment except in this movie Biff knocked George McFly out cold and the woman saved him.

What makes the Finn representation so messed up is that he has most of the things that you need from a protagonist in his early stages, way more than Rey. Outside of them compromising his integrity with that "I really only saved you because I don't know how to fly" line. He knew the difference between right and wrong.
He was loyal to his friends
He felt powerless and vulnerable at certain points but still attempted to save the day
Rey had none of that, she just floated through the movie, and then turned into Obi-Wan Kenobi on the death star 5 minutes after learning the force even existed
She face no hardships or hard life choices. Finn did all of that but she's the chosen one? Finn did all the heavy lifting for her. She ran from her destiny calling.Finn didn't have a destiny call but stayed because he wanted to help people(her)

It's like Varsity Blues how the coach would let the black workhorse running back get them to the 1-yard line then give it to the white fullback so he'd get the touchdown and look better to recruiters.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Its relevent because Finn did NOT sacrifice himself. Do you know what it means to sacrifice himself?? He didnt WILINGLY lose to Kylo for the greater good. He was outmatched. And unlike in Hollywood fashion he didnt wake up and deliver the final blow.
So you'd rather have Finn willingly give it up to Kylo Ren and you'd be cool with that? Gotcha.

I mean I know y'all think Finn (an untrained Stormtrooper) should've been the one to defeat Kylo ( an incredibly powerful Force user), instead of Rey (who's also an incredibly powerful Force user), but c'mon. Breh stood up to Kylo and didn't back down.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
FINN....WAS......C...3...P...0. Not as annoying as Jar Jar Binks,not as useful as R2-D2

When anakin left with qui-gon to go train he pretty much told C-3PO "peace out,I'm off to be great, im sure we'll meet again someday friend."
When Rey left to go train with luke she pretty much told black C-3PO "peace out,I'm off to be great,im sure we'll meet again someday friend."

:francis: But im sure you read where i said dude has the potential to be the best new character even though he stumbled out the gate. Dude just has to wake up out that coma with some type of motivation to be greater than he is but this is where he stands now

Dude was a plot device that was being billed as a jedi in the marketing.
Dude had no tangible skills except the ability to habitually lie even though he was an ex-stormtrooper. HE'S THE ONLY PERSON IN THE GALAXY WITHOUT ONE TANGIBLE SKILL. Even C-3PO can translate
Dude sold himself into slavery on a ship because he was scared of the first order who he knew better than anyone then creates a a huge lie to get on team to go to the base even though he didn't need to. Turns into Kevin Hart on a life or death mission.Gets regulated to chewbaccas sidekick.
Does all this to save a white woman who didn't need saving who ends up saving him

Star Wars has always been about people finding their destiny, if you take what finns character did in this movie then you would think that his destiny was just helping white people get to their destiny. He had to save Poe and Rey so they could meet and have babies while finn smiles in the background like the asexual token black guy. He had to get Han to the starkiller base so Ren could become a stronger sith. Dude spent the movie as a plot device pedestal for the white heroes to reach their destiny.He only wanted to do two things in this movie, run and save the white girl he was about to leave forever before the attack. He got no victories. Every time he was about to get one he'd fumble on the 1-yard line. This guy who isn't good at anything all of sudden goes toe to toe with ex jedi turned sith but goes down when Rey is back. Dude fought a guy who could kill him in 8 different ways to a standstill but he's not special or force sensitive? Then he's a plot device. That was his George McFly curling up his fist and punching Biff moment except in this movie Biff knocked George McFly out cold and the woman saved him.

What makes the Finn representation so messed up is that he has most of the things that you need from a protagonist in his early stages, way more than Rey. Outside of them compromising his integrity with that "I really only saved you because I don't know how to fly" line. He knew the difference between right and wrong.
He was loyal to his friends
He felt powerless and vulnerable at certain points but still attempted to save the day
Rey had none of that, she just floated through the movie, and then turned into Obi-Wan Kenobi on the death star 5 minutes after learning the force even existed
She face no hardships or hard life choices. Finn did all of that but she's the chosen one? Finn did all the heavy lifting for her. She ran from her destiny calling.Finn didn't have a destiny call but stayed because he wanted to help people(her)

It's like Varsity Blues how the coach would let the black workhorse running back get them to the 1-yard line then give it to the white fullback so he'd get the touchdown and look better to recruiters.
K

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
And in the end of the battle, HE LOST. Abrams made sure he wasnt the hero AND THAT WAS THE POINT.
Because he was black right?
Give me a reason why a person who at that point hadnt shown any ability to use the force should have NOT lost a one on one battle to one trained in it...
When has that ever happened in Star Wars lore, regardless of the characters race, gender or species?

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
call blatant racism which has a history decades old in hollywood, trolling, brehs
Ok let's break this down. They were calling it anti white when there was one black person was in the movie. :francis:

The black storm trooper controversy got quickly shot down by pretty much every corner of star wars fans and media. People thought they all still looked Samoan:yeshrug:

Last edited: