Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Because no character is billy badass all the time tho... Luke got beat up, Jason Bourne got beat up, Rocky got beat up, every character in movie history has taken an L in some forms... Gawddamn
:pachaha: I dont mind boyega being the comedic relief / co-star catalyst character though... why does it affect your mind so much. this was only the first movie of a TRILOGY....

:mindblown:
and what yall are missing is that they all redeemed themselves at the end :upsetfavre:

None of those characters were joke characters. None of those characters were wide-eyed, deer in the headlights characters running behind women. Scared in evey situation. I mean come on. He was emascualated big time. He couldve been replaced by Jar Jar and the same thing wouldve happened. Aint no soldier was gonna act like that like Finn did.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Its kinda funny how all the racist hate for Finn has died down now
That marketing had some people scared but now that the movie has reinforced his position in the universe its okay for them to pretend they liked finn
If he was played up as billy badass in space instead of this non threatening desperate black dude who has to be saved I guarantee he would be hated hard.

Hopefully they don't make Finn the audience surrogate in ep 8

Honestly, I think the main culprit in all this was the marketing.

If it was much more honest in Finn's portrayal, folks would've been somewhat ready for all of this. Many people thought he would come in and get shyt poppin somehow someway, which is a reason why the racist comments earlier this year came out hard.

As you mentioned, the negative racist comments died down pretty quickly. Not too surprising considering what finn does in the film.

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
and what yall are missing is that they all redeemed themselves at the end :upsetfavre:

None of those characters were joke characters. None of those characters were wide-eyed, deer in the headlights characters running behind women. Scared in evey situation. I mean come on. He was emascualated big time. He couldve been replaced by Jar Jar and the same thing wouldve happened. Aint no soldier was gonna act like that like Finn did.
you just have to be patient :troll:

poe blew up the star killer, rey defeated ren/will go to train with master luke..... and finn was able to cop a fresh new wardrobe and get some quality sleep :yeshrug: sounds like your normal hero arc in a film to me :ehh: just like the other two main heroes :ehh:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
The first two on your list.:camby: Now your taking it to far.

The third Wasn't that serous in terms of ass whooping and that was also Rey fault it happen.:beli:

I'll give you the forth one.:ehh:

The fifth one I don't count ass saving from Rey. And he went up wasn't Ren (who has been trained by Luke and the dark side) with no training with a light saber and held his own.
But even before lost to that Storm Trooper he literally killed a handful of them.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Honestly, I think the main culprit in all this was the marketing.

If it was much more honest in Finn's portrayal, folks would've been somewhat ready for all of this. Many people thought he would come in and get shyt pippin somehow someway, which is a reason why the racist comments earlier this year came out hard.

As you mentioned, the negative racist comments died down pretty quickly. Not too surprising considering what finn does in the film.
yep. they were like :whew: with every joke and L he took, especially that last fight with ren. it was :whew: :whew: :whew:

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
It's the 1st movie in a trilogy, where nobody's story has been completely told as of yet. How do you know Finn isn't going to redeem himself once the story is completely told? Who is to say they don't rally behind him in the next movie? For all you know he could be the heir to Mace Windu when it's all said and done. You need to calm yourself down.
Please name the kick-ass/maculine scenes that Finn was in.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
FOOOOOOOHHHHH

CAPTAIN Kirt sacrificed himself to save his crew. He was the leader. Everyone rallied behind him. He redeemed himself at the end. Finn did not. He was emaculated throughout the film. There was NO redeeming quality about him other then showing the weak point of the death ray but he went back to save a bytch who wasnt even feeling him. :camby:
Finn ain't sacrifice himself goin up against Kylo Ren at the end?

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
yep. they were like :whew: with every joke and L he took, especially that last fight with ren. it was :whew: :whew: :whew:
Exactly, what the pro-Finn group doesnt realize is that there was a REASON why all the hate for him died down after the film was released. Abrams didnt want to upset the film's fanbase. And the WS system. They understand about the status quo. Pro-Finn peeps do not.

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
Please name the kick-ass/maculine scenes that Finn was in.
He did some standup things, like try to take on a possible Sith apprentice by himself, but he's not a kick-ass character at this point. AT THIS POINT.

The
Story
Has
Not
Been
Completely
Told
Yet.

Dude was a stormtrooper, a group of guys that have been seen as keystone cops since the first film. He's supposed to be a galaxy hero instantly?