Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
I believe Finn will be more changed when he wakes up...:ld: the movie is called the force awakens...:troll:

He's supposed to be the everyday regular guy thrown into a crazy situation that wants to do the right thing... John Crichton on Farscape was a fish outta water too but he became the leader even though he was inferior or less able then his alien comrades but his earth skills and unorthodox plans saved them more times than they could count...

I think that's where they gonna take Finn's character, he wont be the hero in the beginning but he will be the definitive hero in the end... you'll see...:francis::ufdup: They're not gonna introduce a character into this series without him doing something super important.

I mean even starlord could be considered a joke but he's still the leader of the guardians of the galaxy...:heh:
The difference between Finn and those other white protagonists was that:

Starlord was never a loser in the movies. In the openining scene agaisnt Hounsou, he defeated the aliens and blasts his way out of trouble. They portrayed him as the cocky, hotshot, ruggly good-looking character that females can fawn over. He got the girl in the movie. Something we all knew would happened. Because the star always bag the broad. He was a leader. Everyone rallied behind him. He had mysterious powers that defeated the big bad in the end.

Finn had NONE of that. He didnt get the girl. He wasnt the leader. No one rallied behind him and followed his orders. He was a joke. Had one thing on his mind all along and in the end he couldnt even get that. He has no potential. No mysterious powers. Didnt defeat the big bad. Nothing. Compare Finn to other white losers in cinema. None of them didnt take as much L's as Finn. Shea's character in Transformers ring a bell. Ulitmate loser, got no p*ssy, but ended up with the model chicks and got a internship at a major company. Bay did thst to make a point. Abrams portrayed Finn like that to make a point.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Why is some of y'all are saying Finn was not the lead of the movie?:dwillhuh:

He was in every major scene in the movie including the final battle against Ren.:mindblown:

Finn and Rey are co-leads of the movie that's why they(mostly Finn) drove the majority of the plot.

"Drive the plot" while not accomplishing ONE heroic thing and getting your ass kicked in every single confrontation brehs....

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Finn had NONE of that. He didnt get the girl. He wasnt the leader. No one rallied behind him and followed his orders. He was a joke. Had one thing on his mind all along and in the end he couldnt even get that. He has no potential. No mysterious powers. Didnt defeat the big bad. Nothing. Compare Finn to other white losers in cinema. None of them didnt take as much L's as Finn. Shea's character in Transformers ring a bell. Ulitmate loser, got no p*ssy, but ended up with the model chicks and got a internship at a major company. Bay did thst to make a point. Abrams portrayed Finn like that to make a point.

Didnt want him to get no shine.... :troll: you only focusing on the negatives...

real talk Finn is a Catalyst character, he makes things happen

Also Like i said before his arc is not over...:stopitslime:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
He was going up against a SITH trainee with no combat training whatsoever!!!!! do you not understand how that concept even sounds, it would have been implausible for him to beat him. he even got a few licks in but he got his shoulder burned through and got sliced in his back :huhldup::huhldup::huhldup: a coma is preferable than death tho right?!?!

They gonna have to rebuild his spine...:whoo: he gonna come back meaner & stronger working with the resistance....:sas2:

I bet you by the time we open up Episode 8 the republic shared planetary collective will declare war against the first order for them blowing up a solar system....

months will have passed and Finn and Poe come be tearing shyt up he'll be learning all his shyt from the best and he picks it up quickly, meanwhile Rey will be training with Master Luke in the first jedi temple....

Wait until episode 8 and HOPEFULLY theyll throw the Token a bone brehs...

All of this "wait until episode 8"! "He has to take an L in EVERY THING HE ATTEMPTED because of character development!" All of that is bullshyt, and I'm saying this because, using the ESTABLISHED rules set forth by SIX PREVIOUS FILMS, not ONE main character in these movies took as many L's as Finn's and got ZERO payoff. A Galaxy where a fukking 9 year old is shooting down Space Destroyers. A Galaxy where a pampered Princess is thrown into an arena and successfully battles space aliens twice her size. A Galaxy where the VILLIAN has both his legs cut off, an arm cut off, is burnt to a crispity crunch, and NEVER loses consciousness....

THAT Galaxy is where the Black Male Lead is supposed to wait for some magical "character development"?!!?!

Naw man. fukk that. fukk waiting for episode 8

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Name all the ass whooping he got in the movie other than Kylo Ren and the strom trooper?:beli:

Got his ass kicked by Rey
Got his ass kicked by Chewie
Got his as me snatched by the alien ( Rey had to age him)
Got his ass kicked by the Storm Trooper (Han had to save him)
Got his ass kicked by Kylo Ren (Rey had to save him for the SECOND time)

He lost EVERY SINGLE PHYSICAL CONFRONTATION he had in the film.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Wait until episode 8 and HOPEFULLY theyll throw the Token a bone brehs...

All of this "wait until episode 8"! "He has to take an L in EVERY THING HE ATTEMPTED because of character development!" All of that is bullshyt, and I'm saying this because, using the ESTABLISHED rules set forth by SIX PREVIOUS FILMS, not ONE main character in these movies took as many L's as Finn's and got ZERO payoff. A Galaxy where a fukking 9 year old is shooting down Space Destroyers. A Galaxy where a pampered Princess is thrown into an arena and successfully battles space aliens twice her size. A Galaxy where the VILLIAN has both his legs cut off, an arm cut off, is burnt to a crispity crunch, and NEVER loses consciousness....

THAT Galaxy is where the Black Male Lead is supposed to wait for some magical "character development"?!!?!

Naw man. fukk that. fukk waiting for episode 8

:pachaha: You gonna have to wait just 1 year gawddamit...

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

He's supposed to be the c0hero/ comedic relief he's not gonna be billy badass in the first film even LUKE got his ass handed to him!!! you serious breh????

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami

The first two on your list.:camby: Now your taking it to far.

The third Wasn't that serous in terms of ass whooping and that was also Rey fault it happen.:beli:

I'll give you the forth one.:ehh:

The fifth one I don't count ass saving from Rey. And he went up wasn't Ren (who has been trained by Luke and the dark side) with no training with a light saber and held his own.