Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Yea but what happens if what we are hoping for doesn't show up then? We hope for episode 9 to change that? Why not have those (some of ) things in the first film?

All I know is i have faith his character will have some sort of jedi powers...

And IF NOT I could accept him being the new han solo of the shyt, everyone loved Han...

damn so much hate... :pachaha:

Either way he's a likeable character he's not jar jar binks bad....:pachaha:

Also his story ARC aint over, they call it an arc for a reason,

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Look everyone entitled to feel what they want about Finn. Me personally I still stand by my statement that Finn is the most fleshed out character and had the best arc. The man started out basically a low level solider to fighting the Boss of the First Order. Finn being in a coma is basically playing off Han being in Carbonite (Basically a coma) in "Empire", I also see shades of Neo in "Matrix Reloaed". Meaning basically the Force will probably wake him up. Just because Finn didn't move anything with his mind doesn't mean he didn't have the Force. They didn't fill in all the blanks for all the characters purposefully because this is a Trilogy not one movie. Also if you notice throughout the film Finn is wearing "Black" which plays off the fact he was darkside. By the last scene he is in full white on the table which I believe symbolises him accepting the lightside of the force. I find it funny people are acting like "Why wasn't he a Jedi"?.

Luke was not a Jedi "Hope" or "Empire" It wasn't until "Return of the Jedi", the 3rd film in the franchise. Anakin was not a Jedi in "Episode I" until 10 years later in "Episode II" and even then he was still clearly trainning. Even in this film, Rey is nowhere NEAR a Jedi. This isn't the prequels where there are 1,000's of Jedi and a Jedi Temple to train people. There is litterally 1 Jedi in the damn galaxy and most of his students turned evil including his nephew before we even know who Rey and Finn are. Nobody gets to be a Jedi off the bat, it's always been a process that takes tranning. How is Rey or Finn suppose to be "Jedi" in this movie when Luke doesn't show up until the last scene? Luke is the last Jedi. He trainned Kylo before Snoke got to him. Who teaches them to understand their force abilities? This movie was about Rey and Finn awakening to the Force. It was about their potential and raw talent. They obviously will have to be trainned in the next films. In the Prequels it was the Jedi in their prime so that's not even a comparison.

They set up Finn's arc well for 8 and 9. Also why are people saying, "Why is he sweating". He was on a desert planet with 3 Suns wearing all black and stormtrooper gear after just surviving a damn plane crash. So he was suppose to come out that looking fresh like he got out the shower, lol. The bottom line is this, When it came down to it, Finn the "Stormtrooper" with Anakin Saber took on Anakin's Grandson while trying to protect Anakin's Granddaughter. The force was definitely with him. This is about the Skywalker Grandchildern. It seems people want this to not be a Skywalker story. If you think someone without Skywalker Blood would be the focal point than you didn't watch 1-6. Even then Finn character is flehsed out far more than Poe and even Rey. All the new characters have questions with their backgrounds, obviously to be answered in the sequels. It is and will always be about the Skywalkers period when we are dealing with the "Episodes" of the Saga. Finn was basically welcomed into the Skywalker family in this Episode.

7-crucial-clues-you-may-have-missed-in-the-star-wars-force-awakens-trailer-3-finn-and-k-675812.gif

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Didnt want him to get no shine.... :troll: you only focusing on the negatives...

real talk Finn is a Catalyst character, he makes things happen

Also Like i said before his arc is not over...:stopitslime:
Foh with the blatent omission of the comparison of a white protagonist that you brought up and Finn :camby:

No way a white male wouldve been casted in this role. I cant believe you cant see the subtle white supramacist traits associated with the moviw and role. :mindblown:

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
The crying
Foh with the blatent omission of the comparison of a white protagonist that you brought up and Finn :camby:

No way a white male wouldve been casted in this role. I cant believe you cant see the subtle white supramacist traits associated with the moviw and role. :mindblown:
Did you see Star Trek, which JJ Abrams also did? The white lead Kirk was getting his azz whooped on Earth by space cadets, on the Enterprise by Spock, on the enemy ship by aliens. He was simpin over a black woman and got nothing from her but a stare as she tongued down an alien with elf ears. He was the comic relief as well. Was his character a disgrace to an entire race?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
And thats acceptable??! :mindblown:

Because no character is billy badass all the time tho... Luke got beat up, Jason Bourne got beat up, Rocky got beat up, every character in movie history has taken an L in some forms... Gawddamn
:pachaha: I dont mind boyega being the comedic relief / co-star catalyst character though... why does it affect your mind so much. this was only the first movie of a TRILOGY....

:mindblown:

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
The crying

Did you see Star Trek, which JJ Abrams also did? The white lead Kirk was getting his azz whooped on Earth by space cadets, on the Enterprise by Spock, on the enemy ship by aliens. He was simpin over a black woman and got nothing from her but a stare as she tongued down an alien with elf ears. He was the comic relief as well. Was his character a disgrace to an entire race?
FOOOOOOOHHHHH

CAPTAIN Kirt sacrificed himself to save his crew. He was the leader. Everyone rallied behind him. He redeemed himself at the end. Finn did not. He was emaculated throughout the film. There was NO redeeming quality about him other then showing the weak point of the death ray but he went back to save a bytch who wasnt even feeling him. :camby:

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
The crying

I forgot about this.

And yet Finn is being criticize for it.:dead:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The crying

^THIS.....and no one has pointed this out to anyone here that Finn could potentially share the same arc with him becoming the leader....:lolbron:

But boyega was jobber status... :troll: you smark...

Last edited:

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Its kinda funny how all the racist hate for Finn has died down now
That marketing had some people scared but now that the movie has reinforced his position in the universe its okay for them to pretend they liked finn
If he was played up as billy badass in space instead of this non threatening desperate black dude who has to be saved I guarantee he would be hated hard.

Hopefully they don't make Finn the audience surrogate in ep 8

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
FOOOOOOOHHHHH

CAPTAIN Kirt sacrificed himself to save his crew. He was the leader. Everyone rallied behind him. He redeemed himself at the end. Finn did not. He was emaculated throughout the film. There was NO redeeming quality about him other then showing the week point of the death ray but he went back to save a bytch who wasnt even feeling him. :camby:
It's the 1st movie in a trilogy, where nobody's story has been completely told as of yet. How do you know Finn isn't going to redeem himself once the story is completely told? Who is to say they don't rally behind him in the next movie? For all you know he could be the heir to Mace Windu when it's all said and done. You need to calm yourself down.

nikkas really upset because a character didn't go directly from stormtrooper (who have always been seen as jokes) to the galaxy's super warrior conqueror in the first 3rd of a trilogy :pachaha:

Last edited: