Daps
:ehh:
CWdOVzFUAAA7XtB.jpg

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I don't hate the character, or his fictional background. Just didn't like his overall portrayal.

If you did, that's cool. :yeshrug:
I'm in the middle with Finn.

• He's a tactful thinker and quick learner in the clutch
  • Skilled with gun and ship blasters
  • And has mutual/reciprocated simping from the female lead

On the other hand, they did try to make him as basic and 'safe' as possible with the back story.. no hype job in talent, ability or ancestry compared to Poe (most skilled pilot), Rey or Kylo. Nothing special about him whatsoever...

This could be the start of a great subplot/movie trope for the co-lead: where the overlooked, dispensable stormtrooper rose to become the leader of the resistance and the most formidable non-jedi, while banging the most powerful female jedi. The setup for this is there but Ep VIII will be the linchpin.

i.e. He gotta be able to hold his own in a fight against a mini-boss. None of that stuff where he gets flat out beat but Han shoots the no-name mini boss to save him. Or he saves Poe but, really, he needs Poe just as much b/c his ass can't fly a ship. i.e. No more "E for effort" performances or halfway flexing.

So him in ep VII wasn't terrible to me, but his ass better wake up in ep VIII with a new grasp on life.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Im thinking like what was the purpose of his character in the first place?? What does he bring to the table other then intel from the enemy? He has no skillset except for handling a blaster. Nothing mechanical, no pilot skills, nothing out of the ordinary, no extradordinary background, and no possibly no family ties to the other characters.

I believe Finn will be more changed when he wakes up...:ld: the movie is called the force awakens...:troll:

He's supposed to be the everyday regular guy thrown into a crazy situation that wants to do the right thing... John Crichton on Farscape was a fish outta water too but he became the leader even though he was inferior or less able then his alien comrades but his earth skills and unorthodox plans saved them more times than they could count...

I think that's where they gonna take Finn's character, he wont be the hero in the beginning but he will be the definitive hero in the end... you'll see...:francis::ufdup: They're not gonna introduce a character into this series without him doing something super important.

I mean even starlord could be considered a joke but he's still the leader of the guardians of the galaxy...:heh:

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
he was tony stark....except he was unconscious at the end of the film. you'd be hard pressed to find many films were the hero isnt even conscious at the conclusion to take in their victory. again, @Ziggiy pointed out in a long ass post about the basics of character writing, if anything that fight with ren was supposed to be his characters culmination going from coward space garbageman to hero up against the odds that over comes his fears of the first order by at minimum having a draw and/or remaining conscious to realize what he just accomplished

and on the garbage man line, its the other side that is up in arms and has been denying his status as a trash man even though it was explicitly stated and falls in line of his character up to that point [being a liar (lied about being in resistance), and being a simp (stated that he had no plan on the star killer he was just coming for rey {which it seems a large portion of his characterization is dependent on in the first film} ) ]

the novel means nothing to me and the majority of the fans because none of this supreme training was stated in the film and millions of people have not and will not be reading these novels. finns character is what he is portrayed as in the film, a deserter with limited skills. thats like me saying chewy is gay because its in the novel when thats never talked about at all or hinted at in 7 films (but its canon! :troll: )
What does it matter if he was unconscious, you don't know if was meant on purpose for next plot of the movie.

Y'all forgetting he just wanted to leave FO order he didn't plan on helping the resistance in the end.

And y'all really on him about lying that he was in the resistance?:heh:

How many movie characters that did the same in other movies to help moved the plot but Finn gets criticize for it.:what:

And his a simp for trying to save Rey(that nobody cared to save in the movie but him) but his selfish for it(in which lot of movies does that when male character trying to save female character).:comeon:

And y'all don't care about the novels but not to long ago use to shyt on Finn's character again but now it doesn't matter.:dead:

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
Just saw it for the first time. Great fukking movie.

Already knew what the complaints here would be though:dead:

and that's before I even saw the movie:troll:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Finn being in a coma means good luck making it on the sequels, its Katniss fever outchea :blessed:
Disney know where their bread is buttered :francis:
sucks for the stans tho :mjcry:
:manny:

That would be fukked up if they leave him in a coma...doubtful but who knows.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
:what:

I guess Leia allowing him to devise a plan that puts the lives of all her men at risk is such a lack of respect.
He came up with the plan because he was the most knowledgeable about Starkiller that's not so much respect as necessity
Ain't nobody give a shyt about his ass as they wheeled him into the med bay
Han dead and Finn in a coma oh nah we gotta send off Rey to go find Luke

No clue why the writing for Finn can't be criticized
Finn is apparently supposed to represent the audience he don't speak droid or understand aliens
Finn is basically playing his actions off of others and in a way his personality does not reflect his backstory at all.

He's a good character but you'd have to be the biggest stan to act like the complaints are unwarranted

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
@Sensitive Blake Griffin @ORDER_66, I'll put it this way. If Finn was the one to defeat Kylo Ren, all would've been forgiven, imho.

But instead...coma.:martin:

He was going up against a SITH trainee with no combat training whatsoever!!!!! do you not understand how that concept even sounds, it would have been implausible for him to beat him. he even got a few licks in but he got his shoulder burned through and got sliced in his back :huhldup::huhldup::huhldup: a coma is preferable than death tho right?!?!

They gonna have to rebuild his spine...:whoo: he gonna come back meaner & stronger working with the resistance....:sas2:

I bet you by the time we open up Episode 8 the republic shared planetary collective will declare war against the first order for them blowing up a solar system....

months will have passed and Finn and Poe come be tearing shyt up he'll be learning all his shyt from the best and he picks it up quickly, meanwhile Rey will be training with Master Luke in the first jedi temple....

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
@Sensitive Blake Griffin @ORDER_66, I'll put it this way. If Finn was the one to defeat Kylo Ren, all would've been good, imho.

But instead...coma.:martin:

Imagine how believable that would've been at that point. Former Stormtrooper whooping Vader's grandson's ass....who has been trained....yea Ren was injured but still...

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
This could be the start of a great subplot/movie trope for the co-lead: where the overlooked, dispensable stormtrooper rose to become the leader of the resistance and the most formidable non-jedi, while banging the most powerful female jedi. The setup for this is there but Ep VIII will be the linchpin.

i.e. He gotta be able to hold his own in a fight against a mini-boss. None of that stuff where he gets flat out beat but Han shoots the no-name mini boss to save him. Or he saves Poe but, really, he needs Poe just as much b/c his ass can't fly a ship. i.e. No more "E for effort" performances or halfway flexing.

So him in ep VII wasn't terrible to me, but his ass better wake up in ep VIII with a new grasp on life.
thats what i'd hope for to but how they portrayed him in episode 7, he's away from the FO which is one check on his checklist, the other is Rey. so even though she thankfully is atleast reciprocating the feelings, they are setting him up to be looking for her for the first half hour while they write her character growth via training with the mystical luke skywalker

so again, we'll see but given hollywoods history im not about to just give them the benefit of the doubt

What does it matter if he was unconscious, you don't know if was meant on purpose for next plot of the movie.

Y'all forgetting he just wanted to leave FO order he didn't plan on helping the resistance in the end.

And y'all really on him about lying that he was in the resistance?:heh:

How many movie characters that did the same in other movies to help moved the plot but Finn gets criticize for it.:what:

And his a simp for trying to save Rey(that nobody cared to save in the movie but him) but his selfish for it(in which lot of movies does that when male character trying to save female character).:comeon:

And y'all don't care about the novels but not to long ago use to shyt on Finn's character again but now it doesn't matter.:dead:
i didnt call him tony stark. you did. tony was conscious to realize his victory, like 99.9% of heroes. its pretty much a given with character writing that you get to see your growth from the beginning to end.

yall must be easily impressed because apparently there is no flaw in finns character.

Last edited:

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
thats what i'd hope for to but how they portrayed him in episode 7, he's away from the FO which is one check on his checklist, the other is Rey. so even though she thankfully is atleast reciprocating the feelings, they are setting him up to be looking for her for the first half hour while they write her character growth via training with the mystical luke skywalker

so again, we'll see but given hollywoods history im not about to just give them the benefit of the doubt

i didnt call him tony stark. you did. tony was conscious to realize his victory, like 99.9% of heroes. its pretty much a given with character writing that you get to see your growth from the beginning to end.

yall must be easily impressed because apparently there is no flaw in finns character.
Was comparing Tony Stark in terms of chemistry with other characters not what they accomplish in separate films. With out Finn the movie will be boring ass shyt, he what made the movie work.

And this is not a comic book superhero movie where they haven't decide was the next plot for the sequel. Star Wars already been wrote the episode 8 so star wars and they gonna take they're time developing Finn, Rey, Kylo and Poe.