Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
It's interesting how the same nikkas that keep complaining are conveniently ignoring that facts I'm dropping about Finn:sas1:

Especially my point of them liking the movie more if Finn was white :sas2:
And you keep ignoring that he's a space garbage man, a simp, a liar and there was a complete misdirection of marketing which is where a lot of the frustration stems from in the first place considering the history of Hollywood and black characters. We just gonna keep arguing in circles, y'all are even refusing to say it's understandable that some are upset even if you disagree :yeshrug: it is what it is.

CHL

Superstar
Daps

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I keep seeing the argument that people who have issues with Rey being so powerful so quickly wouldn't feel the same way if she was a man. While I think that's valid, especially for the hardcore Men's Rights Activists, that wasn't the case for me. Furiosa from Mad Max was equally badass and upstaged her male co-stars in similar ways. But I loved her character and didn't feel like she was pandering or a "Mary Sue." I posted this on IMDB:

1. All of Furiosa's victories in the film felt earned. She really had to struggle and go through hell to complete her task where as everything seemed to come relatively easy for Rey the moment after she was captured by Kylo Ren

2. While I thought Daisy did well considering it was her first major film role, Charlize Theron is a much better and more experienced actor who was able to add a layer of vulnerability and emotion to her character that made her more relateable even if she was still a badass. You could feel how desperate she was in helping the Brides escape Immortan Joe. You felt her pain and anguish when she discovered the "Green Place" was no longer hospitable. Daisy on the other hand seemed a bit robotic and wooden in some of her scenes that could've been helped by more emoting(ie. her reaction to her ability to use the Jedi Mind trick). I think if there was a bit more emotion there you would've felt more of a conflict and humanity in her character that would've made her a bit more compelling

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just watched the phantom menace again today. Qua gon fukked it all up. Lil ani was adorable but he cheated on the dice roll for ani. Thats dark side shyt. Said he wasnt there to free slaves to his mom like bytch i dont kno your life! Then debo'd the council into making a b*stard nikka that was yanked from his mom a jedi.

Thats like making a retard supreme judge

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
:wow:
giphy.gif

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
And you keep ignoring that he's a space garbage man, a simp, a liar and there was a complete misdirection of marketing which is where a lot of the frustration stems from in the first place considering the history of Hollywood and black characters. We just gonna keep arguing in circles, y'all are even refusing to say it's understandable that some are upset even if you disagree :yeshrug: it is what it is.
So that's one person who would have preferred the movie if Boyega didn't get the role

Anyone else :sas2:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Wrong

Wrong

Wrong

It's like you watched a completely different movie.

The only valid criticism is the way he was advertised like with that poster of him holding a lightsaber and it saying "destiny awakens" as if he was a Skywalker or Chosen One. That's it. Apart from that, no.
Lol he said he was a sanitation worker and lied about having a plan in order to save Rey (who already saved herself) once they got on the star killer. In that one sequence he literally hit on all three descriptions I laid out. Y'all are so desperate :mjlol: y'all can't admit anything.

So that's one person who would have preferred the movie if Boyega didn't get the role

Anyone else :sas2:
Deflect, brehs

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Lol he said he was a sanitation worker and lied about having a plan in order to save Rey (who already saved herself) once they got on the star killer. In that one sequence he literally hit on all three descriptions I laid out. Y'all are so desperate :mjlol: y'all can't admit anything.

Deflect, brehs
How am I deflecting? It is very clear that nikkas would have almost no problems with Finn and would have therefore liked the movie more if he was white.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I keep seeing the argument that people who have issues with Rey being so powerful so quickly wouldn't feel the same way if she was a man. While I think that's valid, especially for the hardcore Men's Rights Activists, that wasn't the case for me. Furiosa from Mad Max was equally badass and upstaged her male co-stars in similar ways. But I loved her character and didn't feel like she was pandering or a "Mary Sue." I posted this on IMDB:

1. All of Furiosa's victories in the film felt earned. She really had to struggle and go through hell to complete her task where as everything seemed to come relatively easy for Rey the moment after she was captured by Kylo Ren

2. While I thought Daisy did well considering it was her first major film role, Charlize Theron is a much better and more experienced actor who was able to add a layer of vulnerability and emotion to her character that made her more relateable even if she was still a badass. You could feel how desperate she was in helping the Brides escape Immortan Joe. You felt her pain and anguish when she discovered the "Green Place" was no longer hospitable. Daisy on the other hand seemed a bit robotic and wooden in some of her scenes that could've been helped by more emoting(ie. her reaction to her ability to use the Jedi Mind trick). I think if there was a bit more emotion there you would've felt more of a conflict and humanity in her character that would've made her a bit more compelling

Furiosa was also on the verge of death if Max didn't do the blood transfusion himself. As bad ass as Furiosa was, she needed Max at the end of the day. Rey was never in any real sort of danger. She escaped on her own and really just ran into Solo/Fin/Chewie on the way. She probably would've made it out without them. I think that's where the criticism stems. She was never in any sort of danger and always dictated the situation. But anyway, I liked the Rey character. If she's truly the daughter of Luke Skywalker, she could easily be the strongest one with the force as Anakin was once & Luke after him.

I think people are just complaining to complain :manny:

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
How am I deflecting? It is very clear that nikkas would have almost no problems with Finn and would have therefore liked the movie more if he was white.
Or if the black leads characterization didn't center around having no skills and pining for Rey while collecting an L at the end as the other two leads accomplished major Ws in their character growth as the presumed heroes of these next three episodes.

So yes you're right, few on here would care because Hollywood has given us every type of white lead imaginable for the most part. That is not the case with black leads.

I've said throughout the thread they've set him up for the potential of great character growth but considering hollywoods history with black characters that is something that should not be presumed to be a given. Especially since they set him up to be dependent on Rey when he wakes up in episode 8 aka no growth while Rey is mastering her skills and Poe is fighting/leading.

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
i suppose black people would be happier with some mace windu token black jedi, instead of finn who's actually part of the storyline.
You guys are missing the point. We thought we were getting a black Jedi character who would be the equal co-star of the new trilogy and the film was marketed that way. Instead we got something entirely different. It was the bait n switch that got us. Go look at how women are reacting to the film and Rey in particular. I could post a hundred articles about how "We needed this" and "What a strong independant woman Rey is" and "Our daughters have been waiting for this character for two generations and now she has arrived" but it doesn't matter now, the film is a juggernaut and it doesn't rely on black American fan dollars to make it's millions. Most of us enjoyed it but didn't absolutely love it. Don't worry about how we feel about Finn.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Or if the black leads characterization didn't center around having no skills and pining for Rey while collecting an L at the end as the other two leads accomplished major Ws in their character growth as the presumed heroes of these next three episodes.

So yes you're right, few on here would care because Hollywood has given us every type of white lead imaginable for the most part. That is not the case with black leads.

I've said throughout the thread they've set him up for the potential of great character growth but considering hollywoods history with black characters that is something that should not be presumed to be a given. Especially since they set him up to be dependent on Rey when he wakes up in episode 8 aka no growth while Rey is mastering her skills and Poe is fighting/leading.
We can pick this up to tomorrow. But he had no skills?

So he didn't shoot down those fighters with no experience?

He didn't kill any troopers at Maz's spot?

He didn't hurt Kylo with absolutely no experience with a light saber?

Good night breh :zzz:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The fact they REUSED a "death star" plot shows how fukking lazy this film is.

I literally don't know "whats next" ...save the "sad" luke? This shyt left me so underwhelmed. Like...theres no incentive to see the next one outside of just wanting to know how they save the story.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
You guys are missing the point. We thought we were getting a black Luke type character who would be the equal co-star of the new trilogy and the film was marketed that way. Instead we got something entirely different. It was the bait n switch that got us. Go look at how women are reacting to the film and Rey in particular. I could post a hundred articles about how "We needed this" and "What a strong independant woman Rey is" and "Our daughters have been waiting for this character for two generations and now she has arrived" but it doesn't matter now, the film is a juggernaut and it doesn't rely on black American fan dollars to make it's millions. Most of us enjoyed it but didn't absolutely love it. Don't worry about how we feel about Finn.
I feel you to a degree but..

Luke didn't really become Luke till later movies

I would argue that Finn's impact was the same as Luke's in ANH