Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Oh and I'm kinda pissed at how shytty the light saber battle was. I know Rey was a Newbie and Kylo was hurt but they just said fukk it to all the choreography of RTS. They better come with some amazing light saber battles next movie

People just learning how to duel shouldn't be fighting like people who have been training for years...some even decades...thats foolish. The choreography was fine.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This movie was ok, I just dislike how Rey was able to do so much after just knowing the force exists. That was disgusting, she should not be able to beat a well trained villain after 10mins of force use.

Also Disney might of pissed off the :mjpls: fans by making Rey a love interest of Finn. Do y'all think Finn is still alive, if so do you think he gon smash Rey in the next movie?
He was breathing last was saw him. Just out cold.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
This movie was ok, I just dislike how Rey was able to do so much after just knowing the force exists. That was disgusting, she should not be able to beat a well trained villain after 10mins of force use.

Ren was shot by Chewie and just killed his dad, while Rey had shown earlier in the movie that she knows how to fight :manny:

Hagendas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are the light sabre battle always so damn weak

7 x wings beat a whole fleet of x wings

More emo crap

The baddie looked good till they took off his mask

Female lead sigh :francis:

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
man they did finn wrong at the end. had him light up his light saber like he was about to save the day, then that nikka got washed like brazil in the soccer world cup semi finals. never been so let down before. and oooh look, here come jedi girl to beat the big bad kylo ren, the same dude that just washed finn in 2 seconds. emasculating brehs. its that simple.

call a black man a traitor then whoop him in 2 seconds in a major motion picture brehs. :francis: man, fk this movie.

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
This part below and the scene where Rey first see's the lightsaber and begins having flashbacks is why i specifically think Rey is Luke's daughter.

r8xt1j6cpyrbf8r0knvi.png

Luke Skywalker gives a version of his speech from Return of the Jedi about the fact that “The Force is strong in my family.” This is a slightly different version than the one in RotJ, and Mark Hamill recorded it just for this trailer. But it’s not in the movie, and we still don’t know for sure whom he’s supposed to be talking to.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I don't think they are going that direction with the saber fights anymore. As much as I loved the prequel saber fights, this new style fits more in with the tone of the movie. It isn't as slow as the first trilogy, but has a more natural pace. Remember Luke didn't have amazing saber skills and Darth Vader had mechanical arms. Those fights were not between "in their prime" Jedi/Sith like the prequels who had years of training from other saber users. Luke probably never attained crazy saber skills so he taught Kylo what he knew and it was probably mostly force techniques. Snoke looks old as hell and probably isn't using sabers like that anymore and probably was just teaching Kylo force techniques as well. Rey obviously could fight from her experiences on Jakku. Using a light saber on an injured and emotionally distraught Kylo, who was not trying to kill her, but turn her to the dark side is why the battles looked like they did. Finn was decent with a saber as well since he some hand to hand combat training as a storm trooper. Honestly the saber battles in TFA looked real and didn't look like it was pre planned dancing.:yeshrug: I got into the badlands on AMC for that flashy asian style sword fighting.
Makes sense but still gets me sad. The light saber battles were the best things to come out of the prequel series. To just toss it hurts. With the technology we have now they could make absolutely insane battles. Would hate to get robbed of that

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
tbh, i think thats a good thing breh. The prequels overdid and overchoreographed their light saber matches. I'm glad JJ went back to basics :ehh:
Nah man. I loved that stuff. One of the things I was looking forward to