Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She says quote, "I'm looking at the eyes of a man who wants to run". Hardly "a liar and coward". And just minutes later she hands him the lightsaber and tells him he has a weapon.

Can you watch the video from the post I tagged you in in the other thread? I'm curious what you make of Finn overall when taking into account all of the content that he is in.
Exactly what's with people saying he got called a liar and a coward when she didn't use that wording

Chef

All Star
Daps
Do they explain his origin?

Not that I remember. The only villains that get fleshed out the most in series are Asajj and the almighty Count Dooku. :wow:

Out of curiosity, which Star Wars character(s), or events would you guys want to see made in a Star Wars anthology movie?

Or better yet, what direction would you take the Star Wars franchise if you were in charge?

I'd like to see the Jedi Civil War or Mandalorian Wars but that's going into KOTOR territory. :mjcry:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
It's impossible to put in an extra ten seconds to explain why Finn got the saber, an actually important character point if the wise Maz sees a warrior in him and not the liar and coward she saw before? :jbhmm:

Id be interested in the discrepancy between those that have seen the movie and those that have read, plan to read, or actually know novels even exist.

It was an enjoyable movie but I don't think it was last the test of time ratings/reviews wise. I have faith rian will give us a fuller movie.
Yeah they should have showed that. I wish they also showed the relationship between Finn and phasma which apparently was in the novels

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AjVY98j.png

Can't think of who it might be if its a returning OT character. Maybe Tarkin survived :yeshrug:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd like to see the Jedi Civil War or Mandalorian Wars but that's going into KOTOR territory. :mjcry:
That is actually a really good idea. With the new canon the Old Republic is a blank slate, and they are free to do just about anything they want. BUT it isn't directly tied to the OT so we probably won't see them touch it.
I'm about to start reading the old republic comics later this week

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
AjVY98j.png

Can't think of who it might be if its a returning OT character. Maybe Tarkin survived :yeshrug:
:patrice::ohhh:

He do look like Tarkin a bit. But, nah. Tarkin got blown up in a huge fiery explosion for one, would be mad old, and never showed any signs of Force sensitivity across any media. Palpatine would not have kept him around if he was this powerful in the force. Interesting theory though

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice::ohhh:

He do look like Tarkin a bit. But, nah. Tarkin got blown up in a huge fiery explosion for one, would be mad old, and never showed any signs of Force sensitivity across any media. Palpatine would not have kept him around if he was this powerful in the force. Interesting theory though
Yeah it wouldn't make sense but they do seem to want to focus on OT callbacks

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
IMO, Rey needs to be a Skywalker to make the most sense and create the best and most powerful story. The whole saga has been centered around the family and to make her the key now would be weird unless Kylo ends up being the one who saves everybody. But idk why the saber would go to her then. She gotta be Luke's daughter just gotta be.
Been reading people think she's gonna be the daughter of Rey and Sabine so I thought that wouldn't be as great. If we do get Snoke in Rebels tho, id mark out.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
IMO, Rey needs to be a Skywalker to make the most sense and create the best and most powerful story. The whole saga has been centered around the family and to make her the key now would be weird unless Kylo ends up being the one who saves everybody. But idk why the saber would go to her then. She gotta be Luke's daughter just gotta be.
Been reading people think she's gonna be the daughter of Rey and Sabine so I thought that wouldn't be as great. If we do get Snoke in Rebels tho, id mark out.
Rey and Sabine?

I doubt you get Snoke on Rebels. His back story is that he has been around and in the shadows. In order to put him in Rebels you have to tell origins and they are going to depend on that show to accomplish that.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Honestly, Snoke being around during Palpatine's run is not believable to me. Palpatine had to have known about another strong in the force. Clone Wars showed us the lengths he went through to uproot and destroy anyone who would challenge not only his superiority in the force but also the rule of two. Also, if Snoke is more powerful than Palpatine was, which I doubt he is, why did it take Palpatine's death for him to rise to power?

Snoke had to have been trained by someone, but who? His backstory better be believable and interesting. I hope we get to see him in action as well.