Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Go read the novels :manny: it's fukking Star Wars, it would be impossible to put everything in the movie.

What was one thing they really did need to put in was scenes on Hosnian Prime and involving the Senate and Kor Sella.
It's impossible to put in an extra ten seconds to explain why Finn got the saber, an actually important character point if the wise Maz sees a warrior in him and not the liar and coward she saw before? :jbhmm:

Id be interested in the discrepancy between those that have seen the movie and those that have read, plan to read, or actually know novels even exist.

It was an enjoyable movie but I don't think it was last the test of time ratings/reviews wise. I have faith rian will give us a fuller movie.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
It's impossible to put in an extra ten seconds to explain why Finn got the saber, an actually important character point if the wise Maz sees a warrior in him and not the liar and coward she saw before? :jbhmm:

Id be interested in the discrepancy between those that have seen the movie and those that have read, plan to read, or actually know novels even exist.

It was an enjoyable movie but I don't think it was last the test of time ratings/reviews wise. I have faith rian will give us a fuller movie.
No I actually think they should have put in another 3-4 min on Finn's backstory detailing how elite he was and him wanting to defect, I'm just saying in general in regards to your point about people not reading the novels.

Maz didn't call Finn a liar or a coward, that's a complete misinterpretation:jbhmm:

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
No I actually think they should have put in another 3-4 min on Finn's backstory detailing how elite he was and him wanting to defect, I'm just saying in general in regards to your point about people not reading the novels.

Maz didn't call Finn a liar or a coward, that's a complete misinterpretation:jbhmm:
I agree with that. The movie would have benefited greatly from that and could have established phasma at the same time. Would have also gave some actual meaning to his ass whooping vs random trooper 18 if it was phasma instead (I think he has an actual name, but being that 90% of those that saw the film didn't read the novels, they will never know that).

Also it's not a misinterpretation. What did she say to him then? She punked him and his trying to escape with random shady aliens was shown to further illustrate that she was in fact right in what she saw, atleast at that point in time.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
I agree with that. The movie would have benefited greatly from that and could have established phasma at the same time. Would have also gave some actual meaning to his ass whooping vs random trooper 18 if it was phasma instead (I think he has an actual name, but being that 90% of those that saw the film didn't read the novels, they will never know that).

Also it's not a misinterpretation. What did she say to him then? She punked him and his trying to escape with random shady aliens was shown to further illustrate that she was in fact right in what she saw, atleast at that point in time.
She says quote, "I'm looking at the eyes of a man who wants to run". Hardly "a liar and coward". And just minutes later she hands him the lightsaber and tells him he has a weapon.

Can you watch the video from the post I tagged you in in the other thread? I'm curious what you make of Finn overall when taking into account all of the content that he is in.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
She says quote, "I'm looking at the eyes of a man who wants to run". Hardly "a liar and coward". And just minutes later she hands him the lightsaber and tells him he has a weapon.

Can you watch the video from the post I tagged you in in the other thread? I'm curious what you make of Finn overall when taking into account all of the content that he is in.
link me

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi

Some things are easier to explain in a book
And some are easier in a movie

It probably fukked up the flow of the movie
Happens all the time

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Some things were shot but cut in the final edit. Filmmakers usually wanna keep focus on certain things and/or not disrupt the flow. Same has happened in previous Star Wars films

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yooooo :dead:

Something 95% of fans will never know, because nobody is reading the novels. Great job, Disney. I guess for episode 8 he'll get punked again in every physical confrontation but the novels will talk of his prowess on the battlefield :ohlawd:
:sas1:real fans reading the books(novels and comics) or peeping the audiobooks :sas2:

Lost His Smile

Stop Existing.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 12th Dimension
I want to watch this again. Only movie I had to see twice was Deathly Hallows Pt2 because I smoked too much at the midnight showing and fell asleep.

Since I saw it in 3D, Im going to to see it standard at this newly renovated theatre. They used to only show limited release and art films but I guess they had to change shyt up.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Out of curiosity, which Star Wars character(s), or events would you guys want to see made in a Star Wars anthology movie?

Or better yet, what direction would you take the Star Wars franchise if you were in charge?