Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We knew going into Star Wars: The Force Awakens that Kylo Ren was a big Darth Vader fanboy, but the reasons why are not really elaborated upon in the movie. Of course, it is revealed that Vader is (SPOILER alert) his grandfather, but surely Han, Leia and Luke would have explained that Anakin Skywalker ultimately rejected the dark side and brought balance to the force - so why was Kylo (or, Ben) so enamoured with and taken in by his Sith history?

J.J. Abrams offers a pretty good explanation during an interview with IGN.

“Kylo Ren idolizes Darth Vader, not Anakin Skywalker. He idolizes what Vader represents and what Vader was trying to do. And the idea that Vader didn’t succeed, if you look at it from Ren’s point of view, he was seduced by the enemy and failed because of that seduction. So the idea is that Ren wants to complete the thing that Vader started.”

The director also touches on how the great power in Ben Solo was able to be manipulated and turned to the dark side.

“An incredible power, an incredible force, and incredible potential that was, like many young people, sort of misguided and unclear. And the story for him is one of conflict, not just internal conflict but external conflict. And it’s what makes him a rather interesting villain.”

I stated this earlier. Honestly, only LUKE known of Vader's redemption. If Ren is a sympathizer of the Empire and learning about his own parents were responsible or taken it down and his own uncle killing his grandfather pretty much helped push him.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
in the theatre right now. shyt is packed. I'm a little surprised. Smuggled my snacks in from dollar general too :ahh:

#thirftlife
If you out here buying candy for 5.50 at the movies you either lost or you got certs out the ass :whew:

It's a must to hit the gas station or dollar store beforehand :salute:

Daps
Reppin
St louis
shyt was LIT!
:mjcry:

wat6rr.jpg

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Cant say i disagree. Was just telling my homie about the same thing yesterday. I wish they were doing a movie like 1000 years after the end of the first trilogy with Darth Vader and Luke distant legends.
Movie was still good but exactly what I hoped it wouldn't be :francis:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
it's not like we really have a say in the matter. we're gonna have to digest whatever movie they decide to give us.

although i will say that as of right now this movie looks a lot like ANH. almost feel like it's gonna hit the exact same beats. hero stumbles upon remote planet, meets other hero who yearns for more, both seek out adventure, guided by older mentor, the bad guys have a super weapon, main villain is basically a junior vader.

and that my friends will be the last time i say anything negative about this movie.

enjoy the piff.
Almost spot on

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man the most popular theater in town has like 40 showings a day of this movie and they are all booked its freaking ridiculous man

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Not sure why people are writing Finn off as these Jar Jar Binks type...... It really makes no sense to me..... Jar Jar Binks showed what was up with him in Phantom Menace...... Finn makes jokes and he's Jar Jar...... I wasn't around in 77 but the nikka is basically what Han was through the movie....... Nothing Jar Jar about him..... I think yall didn't see the movie.... I was disappointed with the Finn/ Rae lightsaber shyt but Jar Jar would have got smashed early in that situation.... Jar Jar would have not caught the lightsaber at anytime and dropped that shyt lowkey........ Not sure if Finn has the force at all but that would have been like Han with the lightsaber against Darth Vader if he had no bit of the Force..... Yall trippin........ As much as yall try to kill Finn, no way he would have handled Ren being a regular nikka with the light saber..... Ren is an unfinished product...... Unfinished or not Finn wouldn't have got licks in no matter how trained he was as a stormtropper........... Yall think "random" stormtroppers gettin licks on a nikka thats even a little bit trained with a light saber???? HELL NAW......... Unless you think Finn is the worst swordsman in life and Ren in going to be the best force user is the history of life then you are full of shyt............. I believe Finn is going to show the Force and Ren won't be able to match something Finn has...... I think Ren will get stronger and "Rae" will be stronger than Finn.......... It will show itself.................... Finn isn't just a nikka that knows how to use a lightsaber for no reason........ "Rae" bout to smash